IGNORED

Shameless

nomoxian

Anyone else watch this show?

Apart from the eleveney kids and older siblings taking care of the younger ones, it's a fundies nightmare! Off the top of my head:

* Drug addicted parents who are either totally absent or a negative influence

* Females working outside of the home, in contact with men

* Sex outside of marriage

* Gay relationship

* Kids in public school, and one in University

* People with mental health issues receiving treatment

* People in jail, including children

* Stealing and other crimes

I love this show, but I haven't seen the last couple of seasons because my TV-watching buddy isn't interested. I watched several seasons of the UK version, too.

Anyone else watch this show?

Apart from the eleveney kids and older siblings taking care of the younger ones, it's a fundies nightmare! Off the top of my head:

* Drug addicted parents who are either totally absent or a negative influence

* Females working outside of the home, in contact with men

* Sex outside of marriage

* Gay relationship

* Kids in public school, and one in University

* People with mental health issues receiving treatment

* People in jail, including children

* Stealing and other crimes

I think 90% of the show is anybody's nightmare :D

Love it though. The UK version is on Netflix and is also really good. It's interesting that it's the same characters in both versions, and the same basic set- up -- but they took different turns in the storylines.

The UK version is on Netflix and is also really good. It's interesting that it's the same characters in both versions, and the same basic set- up -- but they took different turns in the storylines.

I was wondering if the original series was similar. I'll try watching it again! I watched part of the first episode (after watching the US one) and it just didn't feel right.

I love this show so much! I'm currently behind about 5 episodes and the one I just saw made me gasp with my hand over my mouth.

I haven't tried the UK version but maybe when the American version ends I will.

I love this show so much! I'm currently behind about 5 episodes and the one I just saw made me gasp with my hand over my mouth.

I haven't tried the UK version but maybe when the American version ends I will.

The latest two episodes are even more shocking. This season gets better and better (by being worse and worse!)

The latest two episodes are even more shocking. This season gets better and better (by being worse and worse!)

AH!

Today is my gf's day off and we've decided we're gonna watch Shameless all day. I'm anxious with what will happen!

• 1 year later...

I'm late to the party. I binge watched season 1-US, and I love it. The characters and neighborhood are very relatable. Diluting milk with water was a thing in my family too. The UK version is already in my queue.

• 2 weeks later...

The UK version rocked - but we needed subtitles to "get" it all.  Loved it!

Archived