IGNORED

Is JD a real cop or what?

BrownieMomma

And why can't JD go to the academy?

He's an adult, lives in the area, has name recognition and lots of free time.

I wonder if the education/testing piece is the hurdle?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And why can't JD go to the academy?

He's an adult, lives in the area, has name recognition and lots of free time.

I wonder if the education/testing piece is the hurdle?

Having a real job is probably the biggest hurdle of them all.

What kind of damn training did he have to be qualified for this position?? What does he know about the law? They just give him a gun and a car and he is policing people?

I was kind of shocked to read he was on the part-time roster. My dad was a NYC cop, as were many of my uncles and cousins. They all graduated from the police academy. This is serious stuff. I just figured out he was a volunteer auxiliary officer due to the fact his idiot father went on patrol with him, and got out of the car to stuff his exploitative phoney face with soda and donuts.

Seriously, I'm bothered that JD is a "police officer". :(

He won't go to the academy because the Duggars are so heavily invested in the ATI/IBLP alternate universe, ie: everything you can do, we can do better, because Jesus. And we don't need your stinking, worldly training. We can print our own certificates and diplomas, tyvm. Amen!

Why is there an elected position at all? I agree that it's foolish to just give a handgun to the person with the most votes.

Constables don't seem to be a thing where I live, though it's a pretty big city. People are vocal about their opinions here, so I don't think that would go over well, especially if it were a minimally educated fundamentalist with tax-funded weaponry and vehicle. The hoopla that would occur...

I'm with Jarona on this; I doubt he's an actual officer and it's more of an honorary position, but I should hope the town doesn't refer to him as an officer on the day-to-day, as that seems disrespectful to those who are.

Though I have to ask...how much could even be going wrong in Tontitown? It's possible the constable position has been around since before the police department was founded, because a whole department simply wasn't needed. Then, they just kept JD around because...he's a nice guy who's willing to donate (waste?) his time on it. That sure would make more sense.

PS, Jarona, if this isn't too forward, thank you, and your family, for their service and your collective sacrifices! They're truly appreciated.

He's a freakin' Bubba. Burly guy, someone calls that there's a disturbance: kid steals candy. Ole Bubba John David shows up and puts his hand on his gun and gives that kid a talkin' to... praise Jesus! Conversion!

He won't go to the academy because the Duggars are so heavily invested in the ATI/IBLP alternate universe, ie: everything you can do, we can do better, because Jesus. And we don't need your stinking, worldly training. We can print our own certificates and diplomas, tyvm. Amen!

Why is there an elected position at all? I agree that it's foolish to just give a handgun to the person with the most votes.

YET>>>when it comes to the media, they have no compunction about using those "titles" as their own.

So, JB's way is better, yet when People Mag comes a calling, JD is magically part of the Tontitown Police Dept.

Someone needs to get it into JB's shellac with women's hairspray head, that he cannot have it both ways... and that fabrication is a sin in the eyes of every Christian denomination.

YET>>>when it comes to the media, they have no compunction about using those "titles" as their own.

So, JB's way is better, yet when People Mag comes a calling, JD is magically part of the Tontitown Police Dept.

Someone needs to get it into JB's shellac with women's hairspray head, that he cannot have it both ways... and that fabrication is a sin in the eyes of every Christian denomination.

Well, he has to spin it, of course. That worldly TLC income would dry up pretty quick if viewers realized just how much this cult avoids "worldliness." I think that's why he inflates the kids' accomplishments; touring the country selling the lifestyle while getting less than bare bones educations and shitting on everything typical people do everyday isn't exactly a great way to keep your show on the air. Oh, I mean keep your ~ministry~ going. :roll:

Well, he has to spin it, of course. That worldly TLC income would dry up pretty quick if viewers realized just how much this cult avoids "worldliness." I think that's why he inflates the kids' accomplishments; touring the country selling the lifestyle while getting less than bare bones educations and shitting on everything typical people do everyday isn't exactly a great way to keep your show on the air. Oh, I mean keep your ~ministry~ going. :roll:

The shitting on everything typical people do combined with the fabricated careers are what piss me off the most. If you're anti-education (and they are), do not assign your kids careers that require an education. Instead of MW and pilot, pick housecleaner and janitor (no offense to anyone who actually works for a living).

Let's face it, the Duggars in general, are anti- busting hump every day.

And the TLC income should dry up - the Duggars are a farce.

I suspect that a) Arkansas is not a union state; b) "paid" means minimum wage; c) they do the most routine things only d) they probably had a one-day in-service training. We have some sort of Special Sheriff's Deputies who mainly help with things like the crowds at the Fair. I suspect he gets mostly that sort of thing and that the "ride along" was for the show more than anything else. I notice he doesn't ride with another officer.

I wonder what has happened to JD`s towing business. did it go in the sack just like Josh`s car lot? JB truly does raise kids who are helpless without the TV money and cant provide for themselves. Keeping his kids attached on the strings is more important to JB than teaching them how to take care of themselves.

I have no idea the answer to this question...but just the idea gives me visions of Dwight Schrute volunteer sheriff.

I don't think he became a constable for the love of law enforcement. He loss previous election as alderman, hence all the Duggar butts sitting on his sign come the slightest snowfall.

There was an opening to run for constable. He took it. I think he's trying to work his way up to mayor or grand poobah.

When JB finds a way beyond TLC, to employ each of his kids for doing nothing, all for a premium wage, of course, he needs to call Kate Gosselin. She has been looking for that job for years.

He's a freakin' Bubba. Burly guy, someone calls that there's a disturbance: kid steals candy. Ole Bubba John David shows up and puts his hand on his gun and gives that kid a talkin' to... praise Jesusi! Conversion!

And only if he's actually on duty and not vacationing with the family. So, not on duty, really ever.

I find it hard to believe any Duggar could hold down a full time paid job anywhere with all the travel they do.

Part time can mean any hours. In Utah there is a website that tells all the salaries of state, county and local positions. There are so many people listed as part time that do very few hours. An example is my husband's aunt goes into a few schools each semester for 1 day to teach cake decorating to kids taking home economics. She makes $220 a year but she is listed as a part time teaching position in the school district.

I also know several rural counties around me that have volunteers use official vehicles.

If JD went to the academy or had become a full time office no doubt there would have been a VSE about it.

I haven't read all the thread so if this is duplicate information I apologize.

I have two family members who are police officers in Arknsas. Both worked for a university force and they had to go to an academy that was operated by the Arkansas State Police. One of them started working for a large city and then had to go to that city's academy.

Many bigger cities now operate their own academy instead of sending officers off for the duration of the academy. My town sends their officers to a bigger town an hour away instead of sending them four hours away. I'm pretty sure Fayetteville has an academy.

JD would have to go to an academy to be a full time officer.

In the last couple of weeks Tonitown voted to make their fire department all volunteer. In the town where I live the volunteer fire fighters will get a check at the end of the year. (Okay they did several years ago.)

JD is a police officer. Jana is a concert pianist. Coming up here soon, Josh will be an attorney. Because once you say it in Duggarworld, it becomes true.

JD is a police officer. Jana is a concert pianist. Coming up here soon, Josh will be an attorney. Because once you say it in Duggarworld, it becomes true.

The sad thing is their followers, instead of employing critical thinking to statements about their accomplishments, accept everything that they are told. Jill is not a licensed or certified as a midwife, correct? Who goes to an unlicensed medical professional? Would they go to an unlicensed physician? Maybe Jill is qualified to recognize early signs of trouble and to know when medical intervention is required, but only a license or certification would assure a woman that Jill has sufficient knowledge to deal with medical emergencies. That is why midwives go to school and take tests. Most people could deliver a baby if they had to IF the delivery was routine. It's knowing when you need help from medical professionals that is the most important aspect. There are two (or more...has she ever delivered twins?) lives at stake when an emergency arises and time is of the essence. If you had to choose between a licensed midwife and a non-licensed midwife, my guess is that most people would go with a licensed professional.

The sad thing is their followers, instead of employing critical thinking to statements about their accomplishments, accept everything that they are told. Jill is not a licensed or certified as a midwife, correct? Who goes to an unlicensed medical professional? Would they go to an unlicensed physician? Maybe Jill is qualified to recognize early signs of trouble and to know when medical intervention is required, but only a license or certification would assure a woman that Jill has sufficient knowledge to deal with medical emergencies. That is why midwives go to school and take tests. Most people could deliver a baby if they had to IF the delivery was routine. It's knowing when you need help from medical professionals that is the most important aspect. There are two (or more...has she ever delivered twins?) lives at stake when an emergency arises and time is of the essence. If you had to choose between a licensed midwife and a non-licensed midwife, my guess is that most people would go with a licensed professional.

My post was tongue in cheek, but the situation you described is actually scary. I don't know much about licensed midwives, but from a cursory google search I learned they generally get 2-3 years of post secondary education plus pass a licensing exam. I know some have an RN or an MSN. Most births are routine, but so much can go wrong during the birth itself. I really hope women check and double check the qualifications of their health care professionals, especially if giving birth at home. I'm sure a licensed professional will go through the pros and cons of a home birth before it's time.

Unfortunately there are plenty of delusional fans who would go with an unqualified midwife if it meant they had the honour of their blessing being caught by a Duggarling.

Do you guys rememeber the episode where a woman gave birth in Jill`s midwifery and there was smth wrong with the baby`s unbillical cord and they sent them both to a hospital? Now what woman would ever go to an unlicensed midwife when there may be issues involved? Why cant you go to a hynecologist? Why wouldnt you just go to a decent birthing center?

These fundie women just love to sacrifice themselves. Getting treatment from an unlicensed midwife, giving birth without an epidural (God loves to give women pain?) as if its a must and many other cases of psycho behaviour. Whitney seems different though! She had a normal job prior to marrying Zach and she seems mor eof a normal person.

Exactly this. Despite acting like their way is the best and convinced all their children are or will become contributing members of society they definitely seem to need to "big themselves up" above what they're actually doing. Example: Jana being labelled a concert pianist - we know she isn't. JD now being referred to as a police officer. Sorry, no he isn't. Jessa listing herself as an author when she just cuts and pastes to Instagram. Oh, sorry, yes her contribution to the Duggar thesis on superior living.

I know this is hard for big city folks to understand but it truly isn't that unusual in small towns. As a part time officer JD wouldn't have had to go through a full academy. If I remember right my friend who does it only had to do 30 hours. He did it over a three day weekend. It wasn't a big deal. He can't work over so many hours but other than that he can do anything a full time with the whole academy can do. You can also go on ride alongs here as long as you fill out the paper work and pass the background check.

As far as paid vs. volunteer fire it gets super confusing. You can have a department made up of full time, part time, and volunteer and they all get money. Several volunteer departments in my area pay their members. It's not much a buck a meeting or something like that. With all the changes for fire departments after 9/11 lots of departments that are in larger rural areas fought hard to get more funding to meet those requirements. It's no longer the good ol' boys club and if you run it that way and someone gets hurt all hell breaks loose. I'm guessing that's what the fight in 2014 over budget was about. The budget lists 2 full time fire and I would bet that's your chief and assistant chief. Then you have your part timers who are on duty say 1 day a week but by having a couple of them in the station you can say your station is always staffed. The rest of the department is filled out with volunteers. My guess is that the boys started out as volunteers and worked there way up to being part timers. 99% of their training can be done in house at the station.

I suspect that is probably the situation, JD is a part-time officer and did not attend academy.

So frustrating that real education seems so scorned by the Duggars - Jill and her apprenticeship, JD dabbling at being a cop but being elected to an upaid constable position and then working as a part-time cop.

I did find some other cities who advertised for a part-time officer. I really don't like that, don't like that officers are riding the streets without academy training - that academy exists for a freaking reason. Part-time shouldn't be an excuse to forego the proper training.

Archived