IGNORED

Is JD a real cop or what?

BrownieMomma

I attempted a search for this but got so many hits I couldn't find any particular threads that addressed it but if this is like, the third thread on it, I apologize in advance for making yet another one. Merge or delete.

I've looked into this before and I found where JD is a Washington County constable, which is an elected, unpaid position. So it's not a full-time job, I don't know how it works, if he has regular shifts, how many hours a week or month it takes up.

Earlier today I caught part of the re-run where JB rides with JD. JB said JD is Tontitown police. Tontitown does indeed have a police department but I was unable to find anything with the names of police officers. For comparison, I also tried to find the names of police officers for my town and ran into the same roadblock. It must be a safety issue? Maybe it's better to not publicize the names of the officers on your police force.

There was some kind of scandal with police chief in Tontitown a few years ago, 2012. Didn't see Duggar in any of those articles.

So could JD actually be a real cop on the Tontitown police force or is that JB showing his ignorance of what his son actually does.

I wonder if JB believes, in his own mind, that Duggar dabbles at things makes them that thing.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cops go to school and usually a Academy. Can't see a Dugger having a accountability buddy

Oh true! I forgot about academy. I'm gonna look at their police application, if they have one online.

No online application. Around here, cops need 60 hours of college education plus police academy.

Can you imagine him bringing a buddy to him police training? Sorry we don't let children that need babysitting into the policy department

Reading the wikipedia article on constables doesn't particularly enlighten me. It looks like constables in Arkansas are considered peace officers, but it's not clear on exactly what their duties are and if they carry a gun. I sure hope not. North Carolina abolished the office in the 60s. In some states, constables destroy vicious dogs or collect delinquent taxes.

The only constables I'd want to ever run into is the Toronto Constabulary and Detective William Murdoch, Constable George Crabtree, and Inspector Brackenreid.

Same wythbzach bates. He's some sort of volunteer cop but seems to do it a lot. Both of them confuse me.

He's probably a reserve officer. They usually get only a little in-houss training, but no formal academy. Not sure what the requirements are in Arkansas though.

So Zach Bates pays his bills with monopoly money? And how many jobs does JD have? Wasn't he digging dirt too?

I've read that Washington County constable link several times.

It's just that on the show JD says JB is a Tontitown cop, which appear to be real cops in a real police department. I could not see the patch on JD's arm nor any markings on his uniform so idk if that was his constable uniform or if he was really on duty for the city.

Michelle.. somewhere.. I think she says he is an unpaid cop but he's a jack of all trades and master of them all. Not sure about this quote.

In the une 30, 2014 Tontitown budget report (http://www.tontitown.com/agendas/Committee_of_the_Whole/2014/2014-07-15/06%202014-07-15%20City%20Financial%20Report.pdf), John is listed as a part time police officer, which may mean it's a paid position.

Nice sleuthing! I didn't even think about finding a city budget.

The chart shows JD and Joseph as part-time fire but the roster shows JD as part-time police and part-time fire and Joseph as part-time fire. Which one is correct?

I'm not familiar with part-time police officers, how does that work?

In the une 30, 2014 Tontitown budget report (http://www.tontitown.com/agendas/Committee_of_the_Whole/2014/2014-07-15/06%202014-07-15%20City%20Financial%20Report.pdf), John is listed as a part time police officer, which may mean it's a paid position.

So John is not mentioned in the first excel sheet, but he is mentioned on the last page. John and Joe are both listed as Part Time Fire. I thought their work with the Fire Department was completely volunteer or am I confusing them with the Bateses.

What kind of damn training did he have to be qualified for this position?? What does he know about the law? They just give him a gun and a car and he is policing people?

I'm Canadian, but around here, our volunteer fire are paid positions. Additionally, they get considerable tax breaks. You know the Duggars and the Bates love them a good tax break.

They're hiring full-time police and these are the requirements:

Police Officer

for the City of Tontitown

The City of Tontitown is accepting applications for a full-time Certified Police Officer. Applicant must have as a minimum, police basic certificate, and not require refresher courses. Applicant must also be willing to work during weekends and/or nights.

Applicants are to provide a copy of their certificates and resume with their application. The successful applicant will be required to have a psychological exam, physical and a drug test.

clest.org/oles/Documents/s15.pdf

edit: here is California's basic certificate requirements and it's pretty comprehensive:

post.ca.gov/Data/Sites/1/post_docs/training/trainingspecs/RBC_MINIMUM_HOURLY_REQUIREMENTS.doc

I don't think JD will be taking those courses.

I am thinking to not read much into Jim Bob's comment that John D works for Tontitown Police but idk what that "part-time" police/fire mean. If it meant volunteer, why not just say volunteer?

Maybe JB is rightfully confused, City of Tontitown does not seem to have their act together.

1. The police department has only been around a few years, since 2012.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2012/sep/ ... ice-force/

A Washington County Sheriff’s Office vehicle sits outside the Tontitown substation. Mayor Tommy Granata is working to create a budget for a new police department in the city of 2,516 residents.

2. What a bunch of yahoos -

http://www.dailydispatch.com/StateNews/ ... e.eye.aspx

Tontitown police will train to become auxiliary firefighters amid tension between the volunteer fire department and city administration. Council Alderman Sunny Hinshaw said the contract, up for a vote at the Feb. 11 City Council meeting, is not enough money to cover the Tontitown Area Volunteer Fire Department's cost in 2014. “We may lose our houses over this simply because they may burn down because we don't have an adequate fire department if they let the city of Tontitown volunteer fire department go," Hinshaw said. The contract offers $50,000 to pay for fire services in the city. But according to the 2014 city budget, Tontitown city officials allotted more than $170,000 for the fire department. The Police Department will now train to become volunteer fire fighters in case the two sides cannot agree on a dollar amount. There are less than 10 full-time police officers on staff. "If there's a falling out, or the city gets into a point where it needs some type of fire coverage while my guys are out they can also assist on the fire side until something else has been agreed upon," Police Chief Kris Arthur said.

3. As Their World Turns -

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015 ... sues-tont/

Aldermen were served with legal papers Tuesday at the City Council's Committee of the Whole meeting. Kristopher Arthur, who was hired as chief in 2013, was asked to resign, refused and was then fired by Colvin on Jan. 9, according to the lawsuit.

He's a peace officer with police power. So he's not technically a police officer but he may as well be. Think volunteer cop. It's scary that someone can just be elected by popular vote to be able to go arrest people.

My nephew, who is a former Marine, is a police officer. When he graduated from the academy it was a big, big deal. Families were there, speeches were made and special awards were given out. If JD had gone to a police academy, I would think JB would have incorporated his graduation into the show. It's a proud moment. The whole idea of a part-time police officer seems ridiculous to me but I will run it by my nephew and see if they have any on his force. Also, as a police officer, my nephew has constant ongoing education. They never stop learning. None of this education and training is mentioned on the show so I am very skeptical.

As a proud Aunt I would like to add that my nephew graduated at the top of his class and that he also has had the opportunity to save a person using CPR. He said saving that person using CPR was one of the greatest feelings he ever experienced.

Archived