IGNORED

Rv. Creflo Dollar Asks for $60 million for Jesus Jet

ViolaSebastian

I was discussing this with a friend today and she mentioned that Dollar would have probably gotten away with it had he "just" asked for a $30 million plane. I laughed, because $30 million is still a heck of a lot of money, but I have a feeling she's right. That statement conveys the absurdity of his avarice.

AJC tried to put it in perspective:

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/how-many ... buy/nkXgy/

But what else could you buy with $65 million? We found seven uses for that king’s ransom.

1. A Quarter Pounder with cheese for all 16 million citizens of Malawi, one of the poorest countries in the world.

2. A new Bible for every citizen in the state of Georgia

3. An iPad Air, desktop computer, Beats by Dre headphones and a mountain bike for every student in Atlanta Public Schools

4. 2,954 brand new Honda Accords

5. Two-day MARTA pass for everyone in Metro Atlanta

6. $85 worth of groceries each week for a year for every resident of College Park

7. 3 semesters of classes, room and board at Georgia State University for 1857 students

But no, jesus wants him to watch directv while traveling the world.

I wonder if he did a cost-benefit analysis comparing the cost of buying a plane to leasing one. I am no expert on private planes but I believe you can lease them for an entire year and have them at your disposal whenever you need them. No maintenance issues, no costs to house the plane in a hangar when not in use, etc. Of course, I think that basically he wants his own toy, er, plane. But the costs involved with the proper care of a plane like that would be enormous, over and above the cost of the plane.

This is a major story on Good Morning America today, and I'm sure made other major media news shows as well.

I just thought of something. He said 200,000 people each need to give $300, right? But his church only has 30,000 members, including kids. So, in top of wanting $300 from every person in his church (that's gotta hurt families), he wants another 170,000 people who aren't in his scam of a church to chip in $300 each.

I just thought of something. He said 200,000 people each need to give $300, right? But his church only has 30,000 members, including kids. So, in top of wanting $300 from every person in his church (that's gotta hurt families), he wants another 170,000 people who aren't in his scam of a church to chip in $300 each.

Ex-hubs church is loosely associated with the Right Reverend Dollar (my sarcasm, idk if he goes by that title).

It seemed like usual practices to ask people to donate a certain amount of money. For one thing, it gauges your influence on fans. For another, people will dig down to give the asked amount, if you just ask for a donation you will get less per person.

One thing that particularly upset me was these pastors would ask people who are in tough financial situations to sacrifice and "sow seed into good ground" by giving money. One church service a pastor asked all the single moms to donate $25 even if that meant no groceries. Cuz God would provide in unforeseen ways with 10x the blessing. Uh huh.

Always a shill for a book or DVD or audio tape - available in the bookstore!

On a related topic, Creflo Dollar - allegedly born Michael Smith, although Dollar would prefer his congregants to believe that ridiculous name he has now is the one to which he was born - has been in trouble with the law for domestic violence: Dollar's 15-year-old daughter alleges a pattern of abuse, among the most recent being when her father attacked her for wanting to attend a party.

He relies on the credulity of his listeners - the same credulity that will buy this mega-grifter a very expensive hobby toy - to convince people he had done no wrong.

How did he convince them? He said he did no wrong, and an audience member then yelled, "Case closed!"

On a related topic, Creflo Dollar - allegedly born Michael Smith, although Dollar would prefer his congregants to believe that ridiculous name he has now is the one to which he was born - has been in trouble with the law for domestic violence: Dollar's 15-year-old daughter alleges a pattern of abuse, among the most recent being when her father attacked her for wanting to attend a party.

He relies on the credulity of his listeners - the same credulity that will buy this mega-grifter a very expensive hobby toy - to convince people he had done no wrong.

How did he convince them? He said he did no wrong, and an audience member then yelled, "Case closed!"

Betcha the audience member who yelled "Cased closed" was a plant. The audience is made up of followers who do so without question. All it takes is for one person to say the case is closed and the sheep go along with it. They are almost asking to be fleeced.

Mr. Dollar DOES NOT FLY COMMERCIAL! So, obviously, he can't just fly first class!

I'm not sure if he is just too speshul to fly commercial or if he thinks he is too busy or famous to risk flying it. I cannot imagine anyone actually donating to such a stupid, obvious, unworthy, pointless money-grab.

Harumph. If Mr. Dollar was a godly man, I'm sure Jesus would see he got where he was going, sans plane. After all Jesus was all about wanting his apostles to walk on water with him. Go on...give it a try, Dollar. :lol:

Harumph. If Mr. Dollar was a godly man, I'm sure Jesus would see he got where he was going, sans plane. After all Jesus was all about wanting his apostles to walk on water with him. Go on...give it a try, Dollar. :lol:

He could use Wonder Woman's invisible jet.

Why in the Sam Hill Hell would ANYONE donate to someone named Creflo Dollar? I mean, the fact that the man re-Christened himself "Dollar" should send up red flags about the man's true intentions to anyone with more than a couple of brain cells to rub together.

Yes, I really don't understand how someone could be so gullible that they would actually follow this guy.

This is an example of why scam artists, conmen, sexual predators, and other shady characters so often use religion as a cover for their crimes. A certain number of people out there are gullible enough that they will accept any crap you tell them without questioning it as long as you tell them "God said so".

I guess some people just can't even imagine questioning religious figures. "He said God said so, and you can't argue with God!"

• 1 month later...

I don't want to alarm anyone, but it seems Satan stole Rev. Dollar's jet. But don't worry, he now intends to go to Mars! :pray:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... e-jet.html

(Not sure if I need to break a link from The Daily Beast, so Mods, please feel free to edit if need be. Thanks!)

I wonder if he did a cost-benefit analysis comparing the cost of buying a plane to leasing one. I am no expert on private planes but I believe you can lease them for an entire year and have them at your disposal whenever you need them. No maintenance issues, no costs to house the plane in a hangar when not in use, etc. Of course, I think that basically he wants his own toy, er, plane. But the costs involved with the proper care of a plane like that would be enormous, over and above the cost of the plane.

My husband used to work for a manufacturer of Private Jets, as an engineer, and we have at various times aspired to owning a jet or plane, since flying directly to smaller airports/.towns saves time of flying commercial to larger cities then driving, and private flight does not require getting to the airport an hour ahead of flight or having layovers. However, the associated costs vs the times we'd use one makes me look to Netjets as our best fashion option, it the money were to present itself (so far, no go).

In addition to having one or two professional pilots, possibly as full time employees of the ministry, Dollar would need good jet mechanics, hangar space rental, and as someone said, the price of fueling his Jet for each trip would be very high.

Now, perhaps he has done a cost benefit analysis of the cost of chartering a jet each time, which is not cheap, and decided owning is better ( :roll: ) but again, NetJet is likely more cost effective. Sometimes, Netjet can be cheaper than First Class on regular flights if you are taking multiple people on the trip.

should send him 660 thousand fake prayer dollars the duggers love to hand out.

If we could pull that off, yes - yes; I'd be "all over" that.

I don't know when Dollar *snerk* put that page up, but I'm thinking the Nepalese - remember those guys? - could use a one hundredth of that amount to help rebuild after the earthquake.

He finally pulled the whole thing and blamed it on the devil

If by devil, he means himself... sure. This whole fiasco was entirely his fault.

If by devil, he means himself... sure. This whole fiasco was entirely his fault.

If my husband and I hadn't been stupid enough to send in some paper work late, we'd have an extra $1100 this month: I'd buy a bunch of Monopoly money and some envelopes and send the whole bit to his wrecking crew for the lulz. (I'm not joking; I'd even document it in photographs for FJ because...yes...fake money is all that jackass deserves.)

I don't want to alarm anyone, but it seems Satan stole Rev. Dollar's jet. But don't worry, he now intends to go to Mars! :pray:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... e-jet.html

(Not sure if I need to break a link from The Daily Beast, so Mods, please feel free to edit if need be. Thanks!)

I saw that on the news last week. The only thing I could think of was, if there is life on mars, the LAST person we need to send is him! He'll hit them up for donations!

I'd love to be a fundie so I can just blame all my screw ups on the devil. Didn't get that paperwork in on time? Devil fault. Alarm didn't go off? Devil's fault. Didn't drip the faucets when it was cold and the pipes froze? Devil's fault. Forgot to put mayo on that sandwich? Devil.

It must be really nice to be free from personal responsibility.

I'd love to be a fundie so I can just blame all my screw ups on the devil. Didn't get that paperwork in on time? Devil fault. Alarm didn't go off? Devil's fault. Didn't drip the faucets when it was cold and the pipes froze? Devil's fault. Forgot to put mayo on that sandwich? Devil.

It must be really nice to be free from personal responsibility.

the Duggers make a living from their lack of personal responsibility just like give me A dollar make me holler dollar.

• 1 month later...

thegrio.com/2015/06/03/creflo-dollar-private-jet-approved

The organization confirms its sights are still set on the nearly $70 million Gulfstream G650, saying, “We plan to acquire a Gulfstream G650 because it is the best, and it is a reflection of the level of excellence at which this organization chooses to operate. We, the World Changers family, so value the lives, the safety and the well-being of our pastors and leaders that we wish to provide to them the best air travel experience possible.â€

So they're going to go ahead and pony up 70 million for their flying toy. Too bad gulfstream says it will be 3 years before they get it...

Archived