IGNORED

Rv. Creflo Dollar Asks for $60 million for Jesus Jet

ViolaSebastian

Reverend Creflo Dollar has lived up to his name, asking for 200,000 people to each pledge "$300 dollars or more" to pay for the purchase of a $65 million Gulfstream G650--which happens to be the fastest private jet ever made. Why, you ask? Well, to further the kingdom of God and help spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ, of course!

Seriously, this guy is making John Shrader look like a rank amateur at grifting.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/13/living/cr ... -jet-feat/

I was wondering if someone was going to post this! You know Creflo Dollar ain't about to be flying coach when he needs to spread Prosperity Gospel around the world. I love that he's confident enough to set the minimum donation at $300! :laughing-rofl:

The guy is a scam artist but really who is more at fault him for asking or the gullible christians that give him money? They d it to buy prosperity so they are pretty much as guilty as he is.

Creflo Dollar is truly the master grifter of all time. It honestly doesn't get seedier (or greedier) than him. As good as Jim Bob and Gil are, they ain't got NOTHING on 'ol Creflo. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that as big as that church is, and as well-known, there is no excuse for attending and getting ripped off. You can find stories of money mis-management and re-direction on every corner of the internet.

Bloody hell, we thought ExGayGreg was extravagant wanting a motorcoach.

I'm sure XGayGreg has some free time to help Creflo with some griffin, I mean, holy fund-raising.

Pretty typical celebrity preacher stuff, unfortunately.

I didn't realize he was still so popular. I associate him with all the other preachers my parents listened to back in the 90's, but he's actually not as old as I thought.

Bloody hell, we thought ExGayGreg was extravagant wanting a motorcoach.

Xgay Greg also wanted an XgayJet as well. Greg should take notes from Creflo.

I saw this on facebook and wondered how in hell these people get to where they are. Seriously? God wants you to pay for my jet? Where is THAT in the Bible? :pink-shock:

It's up there with some prosperity-gospel televangelist announcing that God didn't want him "riding around in some little Honda." My then-13-year-old daughter sneered, "Jesus rode a DONKEY."

Here's the sad part of the prosperity gospel movement, IMO: For centuries, rich Christians (slaveholders in particular) used the Bible's "blessed are the meek/poor" messages to try to keep the poor content in their suffering and powerlessness. The prosperity gospel movement seems to have been born of a desire to bring the poor up into a sense of self-worth, and to let them know they're entitled to quality of life. This laudable goal has led to the horrendous excess exhibited by "pastors" like Dollar.

Reverend Creflo Dollar has lived up to his name, asking for 200,000 people to each pledge "$300 dollars or more" to pay for the purchase of a $65 million Gulfstream G650--which happens to be the fastest private jet ever made. Why, you ask? Well, to further the kingdom of God and help spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ, of course!

Seriously, this guy is making John Shrader look like a rank amateur at grifting.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/13/living/cr ... -jet-feat/

I used to watch the Crystal Cathedral guy and then Creflo Dollar on Sunday mornings just for the amusement factor. I always loved the Crystal Cathedral donation levels. That guy had no shame in trying to get people's money. If you left all your money to him in your will he would have your name written on a brick. :roll:

I saw this on facebook and wondered how in hell these people get to where they are. Seriously? God wants you to pay for my jet? Where is THAT in the Bible? :pink-shock:

Unfortunately, Creflo Dollar's name and attitude always reminds me of Richard Pryor playing Daddy Rich in Car Wash

From what I can tell, a lot of people "credit" Oral Roberts for the concept of seed faith "I need a lot of money, and if you plant a seed (the 300 or 3000 or whatever dollars) God will repay you 100 fold.

forgottenword.org/seedfaith.html

I suspect it didn't work quite as well before Radio and TV.

Why in the Sam Hill Hell would ANYONE donate to someone named Creflo Dollar? I mean, the fact that the man re-Christened himself "Dollar" should send up red flags about the man's true intentions to anyone with more than a couple of brain cells to rub together.

I used to watch the Crystal Cathedral guy and then Creflo Dollar on Sunday mornings just for the amusement factor. I always loved the Crystal Cathedral donation levels. That guy had no shame in trying to get people's money. If you left all your money to him in your will he would have your name written on a brick. :roll:

Schuller had such a shit eating grin.... and not meaning to be offensive toward Kermit, reminded me of Kermit the frog

image.jpg

latest?cb=20111219150813

Apparently he's gotten so much push back that he's yanked the webpage asking for funding...

This is why churches need to be taxed. Try to convince me that this isn't personal income to buy a personal jet for his personal use for what is a personal business.

I cant believe someone could be so rude as to ask for that much money to buy themselves a plane for their church work. Imagine how many hungry people that could feed, or what a charity could do with that amount of money.

One of the articles said it cost $9000 in fuel just to fly from Atlanta to New York and back. That, on top of the cost of the plane, is INSANE. Delta flies to LGA every hour... buy out first class if you're such a speshyl snowflayke that you cant be seen with the unwashed masses of other first class passengers. You'd still save "god" a ton of money!

This is greed, pure and simple. Flying his wife and kids around in a luxury jet isnt "gods work," thats shit he thinks he's entitled to because he dubbed himself "pastor." It makes me sick how many people who are tithing 10% of their income are doing it at the detriment of their children, only to have this fool living it up.

Tax them, tax them all.

One of the articles said it cost $9000 in fuel just to fly from Atlanta to New York and back. That, on top of the cost of the plane, is INSANE. Delta flies to LGA every hour... buy out first class if you're such a speshyl snowflayke that you cant be seen with the unwashed masses of other first class passengers. You'd still save "god" a ton of money!

This is greed, pure and simple. Flying his wife and kids around in a luxury jet isnt "gods work," thats shit he thinks he's entitled to because he dubbed himself "pastor." It makes me sick how many people who are tithing 10% of their income are doing it at the detriment of their children, only to have this fool living it up.

Tax them, tax them all.

I sent in my $300! Not.

Mr. Dollar DOES NOT FLY COMMERCIAL! So, obviously, he can't just fly first class!

I'm not sure if he is just too speshul to fly commercial or if he thinks he is too busy or famous to risk flying it. I cannot imagine anyone actually donating to such a stupid, obvious, unworthy, pointless money-grab.

I sent in my $300! Not.

Mr. Dollar DOES NOT FLY COMMERCIAL! So, obviously, he can't just fly first class!

I'm not sure if he is just too speshul to fly commercial or if he thinks he is too busy or famous to risk flying it. I cannot imagine anyone actually donating to such a stupid, obvious, unworthy, pointless money-grab.

But, but, but... there are poor people he needs to tell about (his version of) jesus!

I was discussing this with a friend today and she mentioned that Dollar would have probably gotten away with it had he "just" asked for a $30 million plane. I laughed, because $30 million is still a heck of a lot of money, but I have a feeling she's right. That statement conveys the absurdity of his avarice.

Archived