IGNORED

Mary Maxwell graduates (aka 30 years of homeschooling)

HoneyBunny

Dang there must be guys all over ATI/IBLP with tight khakis over this blatant sexual enticement!!!! :dance:

But there is no complete truth in the advertising. What Steveovah is leaving out is that if they are in any way enticed and it's laid on any of their hearts to ask for a courtship, it should be known that they will be expected to jump through hoops, and if that works, prove that they are self employed, and if that works, hopefully it's a business that isn't location-dependent and useful to Steve (money's tight you know!) and if that works, they have to move to Leavenworth, KS and if that works, build / buy a house with cash and if that works, allow the house to be decorated in beige and if that works, then they can marry the all talented Mary.

So many pitfalls.....

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew they were going to do this! Gotta have a nice round number.

Mary is 18, but given her birthday in August, if she'd been in public school, she likely would have graduated last year.

Steve was in charge of the guilt-mongering and fear curriculum.

And while Teri was in the midst of her most debilitating bouts of depression the children would be taught by Steve once he arrived home from work since it was too much for Teri to handle.

Obviously this was an ideal situation for having four more kids and choosing to homeschool them.

Well, praise the Lord. So Mary finished outlining the Bible and can now finally graduate from the Flowing Stream Christian Academy. Not that it will make much difference in her daily life, I'm afraid.

IIRC all the other Maxwell progeny graduated "early" because all the Maxwell children are supposed to be so far above average, per Steve.

And there is this in the Titus2 archives:

School Time

This was posted on May 31, 2012 by Sarah.

Mary is working through the summer on school, not because she’s behind, but she’s ahead on her academics and working to graduate early.

So what happened? What was the dam in that Flowing Stream when it came to Mary's education, Steve? Enquiring minds want to know.

It seems incredibly mean to hold back Mary's diploma just so Teri could boast that she homeschooled for 30 years.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

The Moodys Have Fun

The Moodys Skip Cleaning the Garage

The Moodys Drink Diet Pepsi

The Moodys eat meat filled burritos. The Moodys Go On What Some Might Call a Vacation

The Moodys eat meat filled burritos. The Moodys Go On What Some Might Call a Vacation

The Moodys Use a Zipline to Get Back Down Off the Mountain.

The Moodys Use a Zipline to Get Back Down Off the Mountain.

The Moodys Realize What Was Suggestive About Those Bursting Bratwurst and Are Very, Very Embarrassed.

Well, praise the Lord. So Mary finished outlining the Bible and can now finally graduate from the Flowing Stream Christian Academy. Not that it will make much difference in her daily life, I'm afraid.

IIRC all the other Maxwell progeny graduated "early" because all the Maxwell children are supposed to be so far above average, per Steve.

And there is this in the Titus2 archives:

So what happened? What was the dam in that Flowing Stream when it came to Mary's education, Steve? Enquiring minds want to know.

It seems incredibly mean to hold back Mary's diploma just so Teri could boast that she homeschooled for 30 years.

Oh wow. I remember that post by Sarah, but did not realize it was three years ago!

Yeah, what exactly happened to slow Mary way, way down?

Also, I would agree holding back Mary's diploma would be mean, except we all know it doesn't count for a damn thing unfortunately.

Whether she had received it two years ago or received it now, it makes no difference in her life.

I imagine we'll be getting a "Why I'm Not Going to College" post any day now.

I think it speaks volumes about how little Steve and Teri value traditional education for their girls. As long as they can cook and clean and birth babies (and have their little hobbies on the side so they can claim to be authors and artists and nutritionists), what does a knowledge of science and history and all that other worldly stuff matter.

Seriously, what else besides the pride of claiming to have homeschooled for 30 years, that's THIRTY years in case you didn't get it, could have kept Mary from "graduating" on the fast track like they said three years ago?

"Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'"

I think Mary's early graduation intention was derailed by Teri's book or books. I remember reading how the "girls" took on extra work in order to allow Teri more time to write one of her books. Those ceiling fans need to be dusted and the cabinets polished, people! Plus, they had Joseph's marriage and the births of at least a couple babies since then. I'm sure Mary pitched in to help her sisters-in-law with housework and childcare, especially Melanie.

I think Mary's early graduation intention was derailed by Teri's book or books. I remember reading how the "girls" took on extra work in order to allow Teri more time to write one of her books. Those ceiling fans need to be dusted and the cabinets polished, people! Plus, they had Joseph's marriage and the births of at least a couple babies since then. I'm sure Mary pitched in to help her sisters-in-law with housework and childcare, especially Melanie.

You're probably right, but isn't that what Teri's MOTH schedule is for? Getting you back on track when life interferes with your plans?

Maybe what held Mary up was her shaking her head and thinking "wtf?' while she did her outline of the Bible.

Perhaps Steve graded the state of Mary's heart (on the obligatory scale of 1-10) and decided she didn't pass. Back to outlining the Bible until you have all the initiative crushed out of you get a 10 out of 10 on the heart scale, young Mary. Only then can you collect your diploma "professionally" hand lettered by Nathan.

Let's do a countdown to Steve claiming on Titus 2 that Mary's long delayed graduation had nothing to do with:

1. The state of Mary's heart,

2. Teri's desire to complete 30 (that's thirty!) years of homeschooling, or

3. Using Mary as a maid, baby-sitter and drudge instead of letting her learn.

Perhaps Steve graded the state of Mary's heart (on the obligatory scale of 1-10) and decided she didn't pass. Back to outlining the Bible until you have all the initiative crushed out of you get a 10 out of 10 on the heart scale, young Mary. Only then can you collect your diploma "professionally" hand lettered by Nathan.

Let's do a countdown to Steve claiming on Titus 2 that Mary's long delayed graduation had nothing to do with:

1. The state of Mary's heart,

2. Teri's desire to complete 30 (that's thirty!) years of homeschooling, or

3. Using Mary as a maid, baby-sitter and drudge instead of letting her learn.

It would be nice but would he be that transparent about pretending to deny things that are obviously dead right? :lol:

It makes more sense for Teri to homeschool her grandkids if she wanted to make it to a specific number of homeschooling years. Of course it's better for them not to be in suffocating Maxhell but poor Mary having to suffer extra years just for her mom's record. I guess the younger ones would be too much of an exhausting time investment for Teri since she's probably used to autonomous learners by now.

Sorry for so many posts. I recall Terri writing that they did EVERYTHING in their textbooks---sounds like Rod & Staff or Abeka or BJU--EVERY SINGLE math problem for example. It teaches diligence. Think about that. I never had a teacher assign EVERY math problem!

Next on the blog will be the photos of the graduation ceremony. She'll be seated in a chair in the middle of the room and each family member gets up and says a special prayer over her (presumeably for her future). And she gets a diploma and some gifts. And she gets to pick her favorite dinner menu.

And then it's back to the same old drudgery. I wonder she will get handed down to her chore pack now that she's got so much more time?

But there is no complete truth in the advertising. What Steveovah is leaving out is that if they are in any way enticed and it's laid on any of their hearts to ask for a courtship, it should be known that they will be expected to jump through hoops, and if that works, prove that they are self employed, and if that works, hopefully it's a business that isn't location-dependent and useful to Steve (money's tight you know!) and if that works, they have to move to Leavenworth, KS and if that works, build / buy a house with cash and if that works, allow the house to be decorated in beige and if that works, then they can marry the all talented Mary.

So many pitfalls.....

That's not all.

STEVE: So, Jereboam, how do you spend your time when you are not working in your family's contracting business?

JEREBOAM: Well, sir, our pastor recently had surgery. He is going to be fine, but he has a long recovery ahead of him. So my sisters and I try to spend some time over there every day, helping out around the house and playing with their kids. They have five little ones.

STEVE: Playing with the children, did you say?

JEREBOAM: Oh, yes. I've been trying to teach them how to play soccer, but only the oldest one is really old enough to learn how. The others just sort of kick the ball around the yard. But it's fun! Especially when the dog comes out and...

STEVE: I've heard enough. My answer is NO! You may not court my daughter.

Thirty years of homeschooling and nothing to show for it.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

My friends! I have managed to secure Steve Maxwell's Courtship Questionnaire! Don't ask me how I came in possession of it as I am sworn to secrecy, but let's just say it involved a top hat, a mule, a pair of rolled up tube socks, a baseball bat, some duct tape and a bag of animal crackers....

Maxwell Family Courtship Questionnaire

Congratulations, the Lord has laid it upon your heart that to court one of my daughters! As the next step in the process, please take some time to complete the following questions.

Directions: Answer all questions honestly, for bearing false witness is a sin, and the Lord sees all. When you have completed, please have your father sign on the dotted line at the end to certify you have permission to proceed with a courtship. Attach a transcript of your score from Ray Comfort's Good Person Test. Please enclose a money order for $19.99 for processing fees.

1. Do you know where you will go when you die?

2. How much time do you spend with the Lord on a daily basis?

3. What hymn most defines your relationship with the Lord?

4. What position in Communications Concepts Inc. do you feel the Lord has called you to do?

5. Do you have enough money in your savings account to purchase a house in Leavenworth KS, within 1 sq mile the Maxwell family home?

6. Do you vote pro-life?

7. How many blessings do you desire?

8. Have you taken any courses in the IT ON RAMP. If not, which courses do you intend on taking in the next year?

9. Do any members of your immediate family have the names: Steve, Teri, Nathan, Christopher, Sarah, Joesph, John, Anna, Jesse or Mary. If yes, please provide middle names for those family members.

10. How do you feel about worshiping with The Elderly?

11. Do you celebrate Easter or Resurrection Sunday?

12. What is your opinion on Christmas trees?

13. How many animal crackers do you consider acceptable to eat on your birthday?

14. How many push-ups can you do in 2 minutes?

15. When was your last fast?

16. Can you fix a cracked windshield?

17. How do you take your coffee?

18. How much time in a day should be devoted to fun?

19. What is your current daily scheduled? Please provide in MOTH format.

20. What is your proposed daily scheduled for your wife, if the Lord sees fit to send you one? Please provide in MOTH format.

21. Will you allow caffeinated beverages (other than coffee or tea) within your home?

22. If you would go on what some might call a vacation, where would you go? Do you believe that if one goes on what some might call a vacation, they should do so with ones in-laws?

23. How much of a daughter's authority remains with her father when she marries, how much is transferred to her husband?

24. How many Bible verses do you have memorized?

25. Which daughter has the Lord laid it upon your heart to court?

Upon receipt of of this completed questionnaire and processing fee, I shall fast and pray. If the Lord lays it upon my heart that your application for courtship should proceed to stage 2, I will call your father.

My friends! I have managed to secure Steve Maxwell's Courtship Questionnaire! Don't ask me how I came in possession of it as I am sworn to secrecy, but let's just say it involved a top hat, a mule, a pair of rolled up tube socks, a baseball bat, some duct tape and a bag of animal crackers....

Congratulations, the Lord has laid it upon your heart that to court one of my daughters! As the next step in the process, please take some time to complete the following questions.

Directions: Answer all questions honestly, for bearing false witness is a sin, and the Lord sees all. When you have completed, please have your father sign on the dotted line at the end to certify you have permission to proceed with a courtship. Attach a transcript of your score from Ray Comfort's Good Person Test. Please enclose a money order for $19.99 for processing fees.

4. What position in Communications Concepts Inc. do you feel the Lord has called you to do?

5. Do you have enough money in your savings account to purchase a house in Leavenworth KS, within 1 sq mile the Maxwell family home?

6. Do you vote pro-life?

8. Have you taken any courses in the IT ON RAMP. If not, which courses do you intend on taking in the next year?

9. Do any members of your immediate family have the names: Steve, Teri, Nathan, Christopher, Sarah, Joesph, John, Anna, Jesse or Mary. If yes, please provide middle names for those family members.

13. How many animal crackers do you consider acceptable to eat on your birthday?

18. What is in your ideal burrito?

20. What is your proposed daily scheduled for your wife, if the Lord sees fit to send you one? Please provide in MOTH format.

21. Will you allow caffeinated beverages (other than coffee or tea) within your home?

22. If you would go on what some might call a vacation, where would you go? Do you believe that if one goes on what some might call a vacation, they should do so with ones in-laws?

23. How much of a daughter's authority remains with her father when she marries, how much is transferred to her husband?

Upon receipt of of this completed questionnaire and processing fee, I shall fast and pray. If the Lord lays it upon my heart that your application for courtship should proceed to stage 2, I will call your father.

Brilliant and spot on! :cracking-up:

My only quibble is that Steve would ask for desire at least $99.99 to process each marriage application. Steve is greedy like that.

My only quibble is that Steve would ask for desire at least $99.99 to process each marriage application. Steve is greedy like that.

This is just the first stage in the marriage application process. Additional fees will be charged.

This is just the first stage in the marriage application process. Additional fees will be charged.

No refunds available.

6. Do you vote pro-life?

18. How much time in a day should be devoted to fun?

This probably isn't too different from the real deal.

And prospective courters should start saving each instalment in sealed envelopes right now........

Archived