IGNORED

Mrs. Pecan Thief gives up sleep for her man!

IReallyAmHopewell

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pecan thieving or not, I think Prissy is better off with that dude than anna is with smuggar. She didn`t have to start trying for kids at the age of 20 to begin with. And how much sex does that lukewarm, funny dude demand exactly?

I really wish Priscilla hadn't spoilt my day like that by talking about her 'quality time' with David. Yuck!

How did those horrible men get all those women to buy into this lifestyle! It's so bizarre.

What I don`t get is, how is modesty in accordance with constantly talking about their sex lives. We don`t even talk about our sex lives before Fiance`s closest relatives and I think if we tried to bring it up, we would be asked to change the subject promptly. Let alone before strangers. Yes I am all kinds of prudish but if you must cover your knees, elbows and shoulders before me to not give me sexual thoughts about you, do not fucking talk about you and your husband humping. Someone do the math, I can`t.

I discovered this couple only last week. Is he...? And is she a bit...? And why are FJ refering to him as the Pean Thief?

I discovered this couple only last week. Is he...? And is she a bit...? And why are FJ refering to him as the Pean Thief?

Yes, yes, and he earned the name Pecan Thief because once they walked through a pecan orchard and decided to just go ahead and collect a bagful of those expensive nuts. The owner came yelling and they wanted to toss a hundred bucks at him to shut him up but he didn`t want the money upon calling them out on their thievery, he was outraged that someone had gone ahead and collected part of what is his.

Because, I guess it was about two years ago, they went on some kind of field trip and passed a pecan plantation. In good old Buy used, save the difference, or best, grift your way through life-fashion the Wallers stopped and collected some delicious pecans and filled their bags to make sure they got something out of the trip. (Un-)Fortunately, they were caught and got a sermon on stealing other people's property by the owner of the plantation. DW felt compelled to report back on which lesson God himself tried to teach him with that on their website.

That's when FJ started calling them the Pecan Thieves.

Once David went for a walk through a pecan farm and "gleaned" a huge bag of pecans. The owner of the pecan trees called the cops on him.

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/12/04/the-pecan-story/

ETA: David edited the story after it got snarked on. I think David heavily embellished it thinking it would make him look less like a thief and the pecan owner more like a bad guy, instead David just looked like an all around asshole. In the original post it was clear that David did that think he did anything wrong by taking the pecans.

Thanks for the explanation and @whoviana, I'm glad you understood what I meant! ;)

I read the story and am just stunned how they could just walk on to somebody else's property and pick the produce. (Especially in a country where people carry guns...)

And the ending: As we drove down the road, I asked God, “Father, why did you allow that to happen?â€

Now I think that they both are a bit...

I don't think David is dumb he is just so full of himself that he can't admit that he stole pecans, so he has to pass it off as something "God allowed to happen." IMO David is one of those entitled, self-absorbed people who never thinks about anything but himself. In his mind he should have been allowed to take the pecans and judging from the first version of that post, he doesn't really view it as stealing.

Just wanted to add my favorite part of the pecan story -- they put the pecans in a bag they had leftover from the Bible Bee, a Bible-memorization competition.

It just struck me as so typical that they had memorized the verse about letting the poor glean, but clearly didn't understand it, that I made this:

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=16925&start=480#p655919

As far as the first two questions, I am guessing you are asking the same questions that we have been asking / discussing on FJ about those two. IIRC, I think the same questions have popped up about them elsewhere as well.

But back to the Pecan Thief saga, now that was epic.

Just wanted to add my favorite part of the pecan story -- they put the pecans in a bag they had leftover from the Bible Bee, a Bible-memorization competition.

It just struck me as so typical that they had memorized the verse about letting the poor glean, but clearly didn't understand it, that I made this:

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=16925&start=480#p655919

David reminds me of Miss Raquel. They both lack any self-awareness and seem to feel that rules apply to everyone but them.

As far as the first two questions, I am guessing you are asking the same questions that we have been asking / discussing on FJ about those two. IIRC, I think the same questions have popped up about them elsewhere as well.

But back to the Pecan Thief saga, now that was epic.

Dont forget his racist description of the officer that showed up!

We have passed by many a pecan grove on our trips to FL since the great pecan heist and I am always curious if we are passing by the scene of the heist.

I would have loved to have heard the pecan grove owner's version of it; I bet he still tells the story and he's probably dealt with a number of thieves, but these two would stand out.

That video was just.....I don't know. What did he mean by thanking her for staying home and taking care of the kids instead of choosing to have a career. What career, like that was ever an option. He couldn't compliment her cooking without blaming her for gaining 25 lbs, maybe just eat a little less Davey. And thanks for that kiss at the end. I guess he wanted to show us how far they've come since that 1st kiss at the alter when he almost devoured her entire face.

I have a hard time snarking on, or even listening to, her. It's like she struggles to put together sentences, and it's tough to understand.

What career was it she gave up exactly?

It is neither modest nor in good taste to publicly discuss your sex life, regardless of whether you are married or single.

And, if you reach adulthood with no particular skills or knowledge that would offer you the opportunity to earn a living, then you aren't giving up a career when you get married, because you weren't prepared for the work force to begin with. Stealing pecans doesn't count as a job skill.

I hate to snark on Priscilla, since she was raised to do one thing only: get married and produce babies. Plus, she doesn't seem very bright so I think her job/career opportunities would probably have been limited, no matter what. However, I could see her doing well as a nurse's aide, or a clerk in a fabric store, or aide in a preschool setting.

Brain bleach anyone? Maybe they discuss their sex life because they think it's the Lords work to out populate everyone they find unworthy.

Not sure they were talking about sex in their "time together" bit,

At one point they said they were both tired but stayed up to play a game.

I suspect it was more like this

checkers_board_game.jpg

Than this

dakota-johnson-in-50-shades-trailer.jpg

The kiss thing at the end made me think... we'll talk about all these things then kiss at the end. He was nuzzling at her sort of, and she responded naturally, thinking it was kiss time, but he turned his cheek to her, then finally, later the kiss....

I wonder if they talk about their marriage and how happy they are so often because we aren't the only people who wonder if he's not that into her.

Also, per her career....

International Banking, don't you think?

I wonder... what might she have been like if she'd had a regular education? And married someone who she didn't have to apologize to many times a day, per this tape. Seriously, what is she doing (or what is he grouching about) that makes her have to apologize daily, much less mulitple times per day?

So Pris makes mistakes every day, and Davey forgives her; apparently the Pecan Thief doesn't make mistakes and/or require Priscilla's forgiveness? I feel so desperately sad for her.

So Pris makes mistakes every day, and Davey forgives her; apparently the Pecan Thief doesn't make mistakes and/or require Priscilla's forgiveness? I feel so desperately sad for her.

This is not the first time I have read of a young fundie wife talking about how her husband forgives her for mistakes. Some time ago, I remember reading an entry off another fundie blog (forget which now) where the very young, newly married wife talked about how her husband was so forgiving when she failed. I was like, :wtf: . In that case, I didn't think it was necessarily that the husband thinks she has failed but the very young 19 year old and sheltered wife decides she has failed in something and asks forgiveness. But ye gods, talk about breeding insecurity!!

In Pris' case, she strikes me as being very ill at ease and nervous around David in her videos, like she's afraid to flub her lines. David does seem impatient with her at times and she notices that.

I feel bad for her because she has a husband who appears to just tolerate her and he can be a pompous idiot, the pecan heist was ample proof of that. After three years, she's still trying to figure how to relate to him and please him.

While I generally assume that Pecan and Pris have your standard "not quite right" marriage, I've begun to wonder if there is something more sinister going on.

Her nerves and obvious fear/discomfort when on camera with him, the fact that she feels she needs to apologize for things multiple times daily, that video where she was up "crying in the night" because she felt like a failure as a wife and mother, the dismissive way David treats her and minimizes things she seems excited about...it has begun to remind me A LOT of an emotionally abusive relationship I was in.

I've begun to think that when the cameras turn off, David blames Pris for everything wrong in their marriage. That he makes her feel like everything is her fault, that she is terrible, and that he is some sort of hero for putting up with her. I honestly think David has some issues (whether related to sexual orientation or just being forced into marriage), and that he has found an outlet by tearing down Pris.

And, of course, the fundie lifestyle and values reinforces this behavior and doesn't give people the tools necessary to spot emotional abuse and respond to it.

That video though... So much snark material there.

When David said "We've enjoyed three wonderful years and have many many more that we'd love to enjoy" I saw pain in both of their faces.

David seemed the most sincere to me when he said "She's a good cook."

Archived