IGNORED

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

happy atheist

I've watched a couple episodes (so far!) and it's pretty good.

Potential spoiler alert...

I really like the character development with the rich lady she's working for. Kimmy and her are really similar... and a part of me wants the daughter to find out about her past, just to see what will happen, though I'm assuming the lady will be supportive

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best part of Titus' song is it is officially spelled PEENO NOIR which has me in hysterics :lol:

My favorite Peeno Noir rhyme is Mid Sized Car

I do feel like the show is my dream for Jinger - run away to NYC and have a fabulously gay best friend and get an education.

Someone talked me into watching this and it is hilarious! I was in the kitchen (so couldn't see the TV) when the preacher came on for the first time. I was thinking, "Wait a minute, that sounds like Jon Hamm"... bingo!

UNBREAKABLE!

Females are strong as hell!

I like the show a lot, but I don't care much for the Titus character. It's just too much for me.

I did laugh a lot at Tina Fey and her hair as the prosecuting attorney. And Kimmy telling her that she wasn't on Defense. Also the Baby-sitter's Club references. And what's her name from 30 Rock.

Oh I just love the show. Also the part with Kimmy's snooty "boyfriend" and the camera zoomed out and he was on a pony. And the "artisan frozen water"

UNBREAKABLE!

Females are strong as hell!

I like the show a lot, but I don't care much for the Titus character. It's just too much for me.

I did laugh a lot at Tina Fey and her hair as the prosecuting attorney. And Kimmy telling her that she wasn't on Defense. Also the Baby-sitter's Club references. And what's her name from 30 Rock.

Oh I just love the show. Also the part with Kimmy's snooty "boyfriend" and the camera zoomed out and he was on a pony. And the "artisan frozen water"

I admit to listening to the Songify version of the theme song when I need a boost of confidence that I can make it through the day/life/what have you.

OK TINA FEY (or other writer on the show) I know you are reading here! Only someone who knows about Emily and Dna would name a giant bear given to Kimmie "Brad" (Episode 9 Kimmie's 30th birthday party). You tried to fool us by not putting the bear in the bathroom hahaha!

Love the show, can't wait for season 2 :-)

• 11 months later...

Anyone else super duper excited for season 2? Can't wait for tomorrow, or for saturday, i am not sure when it drops

Me! Me! I panicked for a moment when I saw this had been bumped because I thought I'd missed it!

So excited. Also did you see that Ellie Kemper is pregnant? She is going to have such an adorable baby.

On 3/11/2015 at 0:35 PM, keen23 said:

It's SO GOOD. I can't imagine it anywhere except Netflix. The major networks would have been too scared to show it. The minor networks would have lost too much of the audience between episodes. It's really one of those shows you need to watch in 2-3 hour blocks.

Jane Krakowski (?sp?) slays me. She's awesome.

The series was originally made for NBC, so this second season, made for Netflix, might be really bananas!

Only 20 minutes into the season and they have already summed up my feelings about the kardashians. Love having only two hours of classes on fridays :pb_lol:

I am not laughing like i did with the first chapter of the first season, but i am smiling so hard my mouth hurts. It's just too cute.

Woah,  7 hours later here I am. I had never binge watched a whole season of anything in a day before. It was not what I had expected, but I have loved it.

Spoiler

Holy fuck I wasn't expecting Lisa kudrow. Tina Fey killed it. And how can they leave me with that ending for a whole fucking year?

It was intense, i'll probably re watch it more calmly in a few months

I have watched eight episodes so far and I'm having fun. I love all the pop culture references and parodies. The guest stars have been great too. Season 3 might have a delay because Ellie Kemper announced her pregnancy a few days ago. I like the season 2 episodes that I've seen more than season 1.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 4:42 AM, Fundie Bunny said:

they have already summed up my feelings about the kardashians

I watched a few episodes of season two last night.  It's so true - I don't watch the Kardashians, but somehow I know a lot about them! 

Loved the sweet scenes with the landlady and her date at the skating rink.  Also liked the scene with Titus acting out one of his past lives.  Lots of talent on this series.

Watched a few more episodes tonight.  Biggest belly laugh ever at the Mentos scenes.  Comic genius!

Thanks for posting, I didn't realise the second series started already. There is my evening viewing sorted for tonight!

I can't remember how the first series ended, maybe I should re-watch it first.

The first series was added to Netflix the same week I returned home from getting 7 weeks of IV treatment abroad. I was feeling really lousy post-treatment and the flight travelling home didn't help either. So I was spending most of my days in bed. It was nice to have something lighthearted and funny to watch to take my mind off feeling crappy. But I binge watched it and was finished it in a couple of days. I was very sleepy and my brain very foggy so that is probably why I don't remember much of it now.

I hope this second season is as good as the first.

On April 16, 2016 at 11:11 AM, CTRLZero said:

Loved the sweet scenes with the landlady and her date at the skating rink. 

Clearly you don't know who Robert Durst is.

There's an HBO documentary called The Jinx that's about him. He's a bajillionaire who murdered his first wife, his best friend, and his neighbor in Texas. In Texas he dismembered the guy and threw him in the bay. He was convicted of tampering with the body, but not of murder, because the jury was a bunch of idiots. He's currently in prison, charged with his friend's murder and some weapons charges, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Durst

But of course Lillian thinks he's wonderful.

6 hours ago, happy atheist said:

Oooh!  Thank you for the enlightenment.  I had heard of this scoundrel in the news, but didn't know of the SNL skit tie-in, etc. 

About 3 epis into Season 2. Favorite exchange so far:

Spoiler

Kimmy: You know that Disney movie where Robin Hood is a fox? When you were little, did you think he was handsome and then, like, your crotch gets a headache?
Jacqueline: Are you kidding? That voice? And how he didn’t wear pants?!

:pb_lol:

18 hours ago, happy atheist said:

There's an HBO documentary called The Jinx that's about him. He's a bajillionaire who murdered his first wife, his best friend, and his neighbor in Texas. In Texas he dismembered the guy and threw him in the bay. He was convicted of tampering with the body, but not of murder, because the jury was a bunch of idiots. He's currently in prison, charged with his friend's murder and some weapons charges, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Durst

But of course Lillian thinks he's wonderful.

And here I was thinking it was the cutest this ever. :pb_lol:

Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Dave (Dr. Drew) was hilarious. I also loved Tina Fey as the nutty alcoholic therapist.

I didn't think this season was quite as enjoyable...honestly Titus and Lillian aren't strong enough/funny enough to have so many of their own subplots, IMO.  The writing just seemed more strained at points.    

I love Mikey, and I think he's good for Titus.

And Titus's tooth song was amazing!

• 1 month later...

I finally started watching this yesterday and am really enjoying it. :) I'm only two episodes in, but I can see why people like it so much!

Oddly, though, I'm really distracted by the fact that the lead actress (playing Kimmie) has some facial expressions, intonation patterns, and mannerisms that are really similar to Jennie Chancey. I'm going to try to get an offline second opinion on that, because maybe it's just me, but it's a weird coincidence.

• 1 month later...

Archived