IGNORED

Andrew Morton Courtship

Kira

Can anyone write a little summary of the Mortons? I couldn't find one in Family Summaries-Forum...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone write a little summary of the Mortons? I couldn't find one in Family Summaries-Forum...

mortonclanthree.blogspot.com

mortonclan.blogspot.com

viewforum.php?f=149

The Morton are a family of 14 from Geeorgia. Michael Sr and Jeanine have 12 children aged 31 to 12(?) : Katie, Michael Jr, (William)Cleveland, (Joseph)Wesley, Dorothy, Adeline, Martha, Andrew, Samuel, John, Edwin, and Paul.

Katie, Michael Jr and Wesley''s spouses are siblings.

Katie and Alan Smith (married in '06) have 7 children

Michael Jr and Kressant Smith (married in '06) have 6 children

Wesley and Rachel Smith (married in '07) have 5 children

Dorothy and Noah Sanders (married in '10) have 2 children

Cleveland and Lise Kendall (married in '11) have 2 children

Martha and Tayte Alexander(married in '14) are expecting their 1st

It's not infertility when a vasectomy has taken place, it's birth control. Changing your mind later doesn't magically make it something different. They took control of their fertility and then wanted their god to do it instead - only, too bad, so sad, too late.

Papa Joel got Mama Jessica pregnant when they were both fifteen. Married and had another kid at eighteen. Vasectomy at nineteen. VASECTOMY AT NINETEEN. I just about fell out of my chair when I read that.

That's gotta be a new record.

I don't think any fundie family has been more successful in marrying off its kids and producing a third generation than the Mortons. It is truly something to behold. So I can't figure out why Addie is still at home.

That's gotta be a new record.

I don't think any fundie family has been more successful in marrying off its kids and producing a third generation than the Mortons. It is truly something to behold. So I can't figure out why Addie is still at home.

When I went through their entire blog recently, it was very obvious to me that she was the designated SAHD.

Patriarchy almost requires there always be children at home to control. If they all leave and cleave, what does that leave the father? Just a wife to adore and cater to him. That's not enough. The sons need to marry because they provide grandchildren that technically fall under the grandfather's sphere of control, but not so any of the grandchildren the daughters may have - at least, not to the extant of the sons.

So, you will always have some daughters staying at home (obviously some have to marry for the sons to marry, but they can also seek outside the fold more easily than daughters can). Adeline is it for the Mortons.

There are lots of exceptions to this, but generally, this is the nature of things.

I don't think Addie will get married until Sam after gets married. Cleve didn't marry until Andrew and Sam were a bit older and working the farm more. They'll keep her home until its only John, Edwin, and Paul unless they find a match that's too good to pass up. Someone needs to be home to do grunt work for Jeannine.

Part of the problem right now is that the other families they seem close to right now (Hagens, the Leslie Roberts family's boys, the Alexanders, Smiths) don't have boys the right age or ones that would match well with Addie.

Oh geez, I did not know Tayte and Martha were expecting numero uno. I suppose I should have figured, but it makes me shake my head that he has already reproduced--the last thing this world needs is more Tayte Jrs.

Oh geez, I did not know Tayte and Martha were expecting numero uno. I suppose I should have figured, but it makes me shake my head that he has already reproduced--the last thing this world needs is more Tayte Jrs.

Do we know what Tayte is working?

Do we know what Tayte is working?

He works with his dad at hvac service, or something along those lines. There are pictures of them together in their coveralls, but they're never dirty. I only mention the lack of dirt to suggest they're not auto mechanics or housepainters, etc. Do hvac people get dirty? :think:

The blog hasn't been updated since Christmas, so maybe. Wonder why.

My fantasy when Abbie Sanders quit blogging was that she had run away and was living on her own, attending community college somewhere. I would like to expand that fantasy to Adeline having joined Abbie wherever she is going to school.

If they aren't off living wonderful free lives somewhere, then they owe it to us to keep blogging, dammit.

He works with his dad at hvac service, or something along those lines. There are pictures of them together in their coveralls, but they're never dirty. I only mention the lack of dirt to suggest they're not auto mechanics or housepainters, etc. Do hvac people get dirty? :think:

I think they get dirty-don't they have to crawl under houses or into attics sometimes? Tayte is another teenage husband, but at least he has a job instead of being his father-in-law's errand boy. Maybe he will inherit the business when his father retires.

This girl seems so liberal for a Morton guy!

Also, I don't think Addie is doomed for a life of spinsterhood. The Mortons seem like they want all their kids to get married and socialize a lot. I think the only reason Martha got married first is because she's closer to age to Tayte. Here's how I think the Tayte/Martha relationship started:

The Alexanders were new to Georgia, didn't know many people. Tayte was 18 and horny, the parents were probably worried that he would stray (ala Josh Duggar) and wanted him to get married young. Or maybe the family is poor and wants fewer mouths to feed. The Alexanders meet the Mortons, dad Alexander sees Addie and Martha, figures a 2 year age difference is less weird than a 3-4 year age difference and tells Tayte to court Martha. We know from the blog that that it was the dad's idea and he brought it up to Tayte.

So I think Addie will get married sometime soon.

I desperately miss Abby Sanders' blog! They are the most fascinating fundy family I have ever encountered.

I desperately miss Abby Sanders' blog!

Me too. I really enjoyed seeing their house and gardens being built. I'd also love to see Noah & Dorothy's new home they built themselves.

This girl seems so liberal for a Morton guy!

Also, I don't think Addie is doomed for a life of spinsterhood. The Mortons seem like they want all their kids to get married and socialize a lot. I think the only reason Martha got married first is because she's closer to age to Tayte. Here's how I think the Tayte/Martha relationship started:

The Alexanders were new to Georgia, didn't know many people. Tayte was 18 and horny, the parents were probably worried that he would stray (ala Josh Duggar) and wanted him to get married young. Or maybe the family is poor and wants fewer mouths to feed. The Alexanders meet the Mortons, dad Alexander sees Addie and Martha, figures a 2 year age difference is less weird than a 3-4 year age difference and tells Tayte to court Martha. We know from the blog that that it was the dad's idea and he brought it up to Tayte.

So I think Addie will get married sometime soon.

This family is NOT liberal at all. They are very aligned with the Morton view of the universe. The parents may have been young parents but they are now full fledged fundie. They also are mainly skirts only, even though there is a random photo here and there of the girls on pants doing something athletic in mixed company. There is nothing liberal about this bunch.

• 1 month later...
Kennedy Decker is I believe a '97 birthday like Campbell Roberts, they've posted a lot of 97/twin stuff. She's spunky, wears pants, shorts, and is into skateboarding( websta.me/p/920284410422325697_210045859 ) and such. Not a typical Morton wife, this one surprised me.

Born in '97...wife?

Jesus Christ do I feel old.

I hope everything works out well for them.

I hope she isn't blessed/punished with extreme fertility like all the other women that are married to Morton sons are. She is only 18.. she could end up with 20 kids! :o :shock:

and I really wonder how Adeline feels about all this. She is taking slow steps into spinsterhood. I don't understand why they haven't married her off yet. Does Jeanine need help around the house so badly? I can't see no reason why there shouldn't be a nice fundie guy for her out there. She is a beautiful girl and raised by the highest fundie standards. A pretty good match in my eyes.

Born in '97...wife?

Jesus Christ do I feel old.

I hope everything works out well for them.

It says on her instagram that her father just turned 38. If he had his last bio child before 19, then she must be 19 or 20, right?

It says on her instagram that her father just turned 38. If he had his last bio child before 19, then she must be 19 or 20, right?

She has a February birthday and is 19 now. I figured it out when I stalked the family blog a while back.

She has a February birthday and is 19 now. I figured it out when I stalked the family blog a while back.

Weird. I think she turned 19 in November (for a November 1995 birthday): chocolatehugsandkisses.blogspot.de/2012/12/happy-17th-birthday-kennedy.html

ETA: Sorry, I just saw that somebody else already linked to that blog post on the first page. My bad!

Archived