IGNORED

Andrew Morton Courtship

Kira

From the Upcoming Baby Season thread:

Annnnnd their oldest unmarried son (Andrew) is courting or bethrothed or engaged (or whatever they call it these days) to a Roberts girl. girl and I know I have seen her around on various blogs, but I don't happen to remember her name..

Andrew is with Kennedy Decker and it's posted on one of the Roberts's Instagram.

1. I don't know which Roberts' instagram has the photo.

2. Do the Decker have a blog?

3. Poor Addie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Addie's the permanent SAHD for sure.

Andrew is pretty young, too. I don't have my computer with me, or I would check.

Kennedy Decker is I believe a '97 birthday like Campbell Roberts, they've posted a lot of 97/twin stuff. She's spunky, wears pants, shorts, and is into skateboarding( websta.me/p/920284410422325697_210045859 ) and such. Not a typical Morton wife, this one surprised me. I thought she was a good match for a Roberts or Sanders boy (Ethan isn't much younger). The Decker parents seemed mellower than Mortons but the two families have been close a long time. Kennedy and her sister Bella were in almost all the Morton weddings recently (Darth, Martha, Rachels I think? Maybe Beths?)

The family blog (not updated anymore)

chocolatehugsandkisses.blogspot.com/

The announcement:

websta.me/p/936661727301457365_181805116

Her older brother Dakota just started dating a girl, but more mainstream and dating like from what it seems.

ETA: Andrew just turned 20 about 2 weeks ago.

Are the Deckers the recently returned from Korea missionaries? They adopted a younger black girl?

Are the Deckers the recently returned from Korea missionaries? They adopted a younger black girl?

They are a military family, they were there as a PCS. They have two bio and two adopted. Dakota is the oldest, lives on his own in VA farming. Associated with Polyface Farms to some degree. Kennedy is the next, and then the two adopted, Bella and Kade. The mother was pretty open about adopting because of infertility.

Andrew is 20 or 21

The Decker have a blog: chocolatehugsandkisses.blogspot.com

The last update was in March '14

I have his birthday as February 2, 1995, so he just turned 20.

As an aside, Rachel is due any day now with her 5th child (6th pregnancy).

I have his birthday as February 2, 1995, so he just turned 20.

As an aside, Rachel is due any day now with her 5th child (6th pregnancy).

She had the baby, a girl named Olivia Brooklyn.

Katie's girl is named Dorothy but we never got a middle name for her.

She had the baby, a girl named Olivia Brooklyn.

Katie's girl is named Dorothy but we never got a middle name for her.

Interesting. Where was this announced, because I have seen no updates on their blog since Christmas? Do you know the birthdates at all?

Thanks!

They are a military family, they were there as a PCS. They have two bio and two adopted. Dakota is the oldest, lives on his own in VA farming. Associated with Polyface Farms to some degree. Kennedy is the next, and then the two adopted, Bella and Kade. The mother was pretty open about adopting because of infertility.

I thought they did missions in Korea after the dad left the military. I must have made that up. I know Kennedy was on lots of shopping trips with Mortons and Campanas! prior to Martha's wedding to the child groom.

Interesting. Where was this announced, because I have seen no updates on their blog since Christmas? Do you know the birthdates at all?

Thanks!

No date, it was mentioned in someone from the Smith side's facebook, but unfortunately do not remember whose. A few weeks ago I went looking to see if Rachel had had the baby and noticedthe name.

I thought they did missions in Korea after the dad left the military. I must have made that up. I know Kennedy was on lots of shopping trips with Mortons and Campanas! prior to Martha's wedding to the child groom.

They may have, I only remember the base and then the move to Arizona. I avoided reading their blog during the Korea time, they aren't particularly racially sensitive.

I found this:

aboverubies.org/index.php/2013-11-12-17-55-51/english-language/infertility/454-infertility-my-journey-of-infertility

I haven't finished it yet, but it has lots of details about the family. They must be pretty fundie if they're into Above Rubies, no?

ETA this family's history is a big ball of :pink-shock:

Papa Joel got Mama Jessica pregnant when they were both fifteen. Married and had another kid at eighteen. Vasectomy at nineteen. VASECTOMY AT NINETEEN. I just about fell out of my chair when I read that.

There's more

I pleaded with God, reminding Him that we had no knowledge of Him when we had the vasectomy, so why should we be held accountable for something we did in such ignorance?

Right? And later she says she realized it's what god wants, so she began to accept it. Except that in the next breath she says she opened her heart to adoption. :roll:

And I found Kennedy's birthday (hidden because it's weird for me when my own stuff comes up in google results)

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
chocolatehugsandkisses.blogspot.com/2012/12/happy-17th-birthday-kennedy.html

which makes her Daisy's birthday twin (Nov 27, 1995), not Campbell's.

I've often wondered about the parents' ages when they had their older kids - in some of the pictures I've had trouble telling who was older - the Mom or Kennedy.

Right? And later she says she realized it's what god wants, so she began to accept it. Except that in the next breath she says she opened her heart to adoption. :roll:

And I found Kennedy's birthday (hidden because it's weird for me when my own stuff comes up in google results)

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
chocolatehugsandkisses.blogspot.com/2012/12/happy-17th-birthday-kennedy.html

which makes her Daisy's birthday twin (Nov 27, 1995), not Campbell's.

Strange that Campbell and her post all that #97 stuff then, although I'm glad she's not 17 like Rachel (Smith) Morton was when she courted.

I thought there was something wrong with my eyes that the mother looked so young - turns out she was a child herself when she became a mother!

Did Adeline quit blogging?

The blog hasn't been updated since Christmas, so maybe. Wonder why.

Maybe someone wants to marry dear Addie????

Archived