IGNORED

Duggar Research Paper

zadie

Okay, one last thing. When they sign books, some of the kids put bible verses with their names. (Some don't)

Josh and Anna (bc they're one person) - Matt 6:33 (that's how Anna wrote it)

Jessa - 1 Tim 4:12

Jer - (no bible verse)

Josiah Duggar - (no bible verse)

Michelle (with a heart for the i tittle) - 2 Cor. 12:9

Jim Bob - Romans 8:28

Joseph S. Duggar - (no bible verse)

Jed - (no bible verse)

James - (no bible verse)

Jinger (and the J looks very much like a G. The tail looks like that of a lower case G and the massive tittle looks like it could be trying to make a G, like she knows the spelling is stupid) - cl.3 (no clue what that means)

Jill - Psalm91 (no spaces)

Okay now I really need to get back to my stuff. :lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not even now, that they have money to burn did they bother to learn anything about cooking, they eat the same old crap except in larger quantities. Yes, because, larger quantities of pure nutritionless crap sooo makes up for the nutrients and vitamins.

I'm always fascinated when these fundie women claim that a woman is made to be a housewife and spend their lives in the kitchen, and they cannot cook to save their lives. These "housewives" don't cook, let the kids do the laundry and the cleaning, and they don't even diaper the smallest kids, since the oldest ones should be doing it without reminding them to. The "homemaking" womenfolks don't do anything that resembles homemaking, and the "providers" make sure they never have a proper job. Ridiculous.

Many poor countries where they have to feed many mouths on a low budget, has extremely good cuisine, see the Balkan area, India, South America or the Caribbean. They never bothered to collect recipes with cheap ingredients such as potatoes, cabbage, rice, bean that can be prepared in huge quantities.

Oh, A-freakin-men.

Hey Jill, this is your goal: wife and motherhood. You just admitted on TV that for 12+ weeks you did not make dinner. You were shown acting like a ditz because you could not figure out how to make INSTANT minute rice for 3 people. I'd say you are "not meeting expectations" in terms of your goals. You did learn from the best slacker in the world though, so I guess your learning curve is bound to be a bit skewed.

From my vantage point, the Duggar's philosophy and rhetoric is pure BS lies.

Are they not bright enough to figure out that we can see that they are lazy liars?

Jana and JD need to run- they are both better than the status quo Duggar product.

Okay, one last thing. When they sign books, some of the kids put bible verses with their names. (Some don't)

Jer - (no bible verse)

Jed - (no bible verse)

James - (no bible verse)

Jinger (and the J looks very much like a G. The tail looks like that of a lower case G and the massive tittle looks like it could be trying to make a G, like she knows the spelling is stupid) - cl.3 (no clue what that means)

Ok, since I have nothing better to do, I looked up each of these quotes. Some are very interesting in terms of providing insight about the person who chose it!

Jessa: Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. (King James version)

Interesting, Jessa, interesting.... it seems like a cocky verse to me. And reflects very much the "ministering" she and Ben are doing on instagram now.

Jchelle: but he has told me, “My grace is all you need, because my power is perfected in weakness.†Therefore, I will most happily boast about my weaknesses, so that the Messiah’s[a] power may rest on me. (International standard version)

Relates to the laundry incident perfectly.

Jill: it is a psalm about God protecting people from disasters and such. Somehow, that seems fitting for Jill. She does like to act like the damsel in distress (re: dentist incident).

Just for info, first trimester morning sickness is generally closer to 6 weeks. The first two the woman isn't really pregnant. The next two is when implantation occurs and while some women do get sick around 4 weeks, for most it hits at week 6.

When I say this topic I thought "Oh, like any Duggarling is every going write a research paper." :lol:

[Although I hope that Joe Duggar is now having to do that at Crown College]

I'd be surprised if he did. How do you write a research paper when your internet access is limited, access to the public library is limited, and everyone is using the same few books form the college library (if it has one)?

I'd be surprised if he did. How do you write a research paper when your internet access is limited, access to the public library is limited, and everyone is using the same few books form the college library (if it has one)?

Welcome to the '70s! :lol:

If Crown College has an interlibrary loan program, they should be covered. It was my lifeline in college and grad school.

Welcome to the '70s! :lol:

If Crown College has an interlibrary loan program, they should be covered. It was my lifeline in college and grad school.

I did write a few papers (in middle school and junior high) before there was much access to the internet, but I could go to the local library. :D I just wonder if even male Crown students can go to a public library.

We certainly do have it much easier these days. Even if we have to used peer reviewed sources, we can at least find where and what o purchase them by searching the subject on the internet.

I did write a few papers (in middle school and junior high) before there was much access to the internet, but I could go to the local library. :D I just wonder if even male Crown students can go to a public library.

We certainly do have it much easier these days. Even if we have to used peer reviewed sources, we can at least find where and what o purchase them by searching the subject on the internet.

Public libraries really aren't much use in college (in my experience, anyway!). If Crown College does have an interlibrary loan program (most college libraries do, but Crown isn't most colleges) then students can get essentially any book or article they want/need for free. A college that has it just ships it to your college (or sends a PDF for articles) and you can use it and return it. At Crown, you could probably only get books that don't stray too far from their doctrinal path, though.

Public libraries really aren't much use in college (in my experience, anyway!). If Crown College does have an interlibrary loan program (most college libraries do, but Crown isn't most colleges) then students can get essentially any book or article they want/need for free. A college that has it just ships it to your college (or sends a PDF for articles) and you can use it and return it. At Crown, you could probably only get books that don't stray too far from their doctrinal path, though.

Public libraries, unless they have a specialized focus, don't collect scholarly journals or books from academic publishers. They know that students have their college libraries and that most of their public isn't interested in scholarly texts. Large public universities have approval plans with book distributors so they will just send new books on a monthly basis that meet the collection criteria. Smaller schools tend to rely more on consortium. I went to a small liberal arts school and if I wasn't able to find a book I wanted or needed through my schools small library, I was able to get it through the consortium very quickly. While there seems to be library photos, I can't find anything on Crown's website about their library, which is a big red flag. If they have a library, I am sure its limited and censored. If they ever want accreditation, they need a library, but I doubt they care. (I also noticed they don't have an .edu address. are they for profit? also shady)

Jer - (no bible verse)

Jed - (no bible verse)

James - (no bible verse)

I wonder why some have a signature verse and others don't, that seems odd to me

Hahahah I can't believe you transcribed those.

I really would like to get the books, but I do not want to waste the money lmfao. I wonder if they have those books at the library hhaha.

At least the ladies on the gypsy show practice what they preach. You do see them cleaning constantly and their houses are spotless. And I'm willing to believe all of them (even Mellie) can cook better than Jill. Though that's not very hard at all.

Oh god thought!

Didn't Jessa say she was a bad cook and worst than Jill? How fucking bad can she possibly be is she's worse than someone who can't make instant rice.

Another clue that you have too many kids...when your religious mission is the home and everything related, and after 30+ years of marriage, you still do not have any cooking skills.

Oh god thought!

Didn't Jessa say she was a bad cook and worst than Jill? How fucking bad can she possibly be is she's worse than someone who can't make instant rice.

The worst thing about this. Jessa is the one who homeschooled them since Josie was born. If she is dumber than Jill, the kids are screwed.

The worst thing about this. Jessa is the one who homeschooled them since Josie was born. If she is dumber than Jill, the kids are screwed.

You know I how I think this went down?

Michelle: "Jessa, can you help with dinner, bedtime, bathing, diapering, cleaning, grocery shopping, yard work, music OR straightening up?"

Jessa: "NO- I do not cook, help with bedtime, bathe or diaper kids, clean, grocery shop, help with music, yard work or general straightening up."

Michelle: "OK, then consider yourself the new teacher for the little kids."

Jessa: Deadpan look.

And a new teacher was born.

I haven't started it yet. It's an end of the year paper so I have loads of time. But I just wanted to get this thread started to give me time to work through any ideas/problems that might arise. It's midterm time right now though so all final papers/projects etc. are the furthest thing from my mind.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I need some help!

I was researching the Roe V. Wade t shirt situation and I am a bit confused. The articles I find make it sound like the shirt appeared on the show first uncensored, and then was censored after. Does anyone know which episode the shirt first appeared uncensored?

I've seen the group pic of all the Duggars in the shirts, but idk if that was in the episode or just on one of their social media pages.

Does anyone have any idea how I can find about how many people are currently involved in IBLP? I want to compare it to the amount of viewers 19KAC gets to make a point of how many of the viewers probably know nothing about their full beliefs.

Oh god.

I am finally working on my project and this thread is going to serve as a dumping ground for all my reactions.

This disgusting thing is apparently a Gothard lesson on how to deal with and prevent child abuse.

Brace yourselves.

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/media/Le ... amily1.pdf

Braced myself. Read it. omg.

One of the solutions: Boys shouldn't change girls' diapers to avoid temptation.

Um..... okay....

So what we are supposed to take from this is the Howlers never changed diapers because if they did they might become child moelsters? Awesome.

Nothing sexier than a poop covered baby vagina, amiright???

:brain-bleach:

Does anyone have any idea how I can find about how many people are currently involved in IBLP? I want to compare it to the amount of viewers 19KAC gets to make a point of how many of the viewers probably know nothing about their full beliefs.

There are a few numbers on IBLP's 990 tax forms under the "Statement of Program Service Accomplishments". ProPublica has tax years 2001-2012.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprof ... /366108515

The second book is where she says how she loves Roy Lessin, the man who promotes beating children. Her favorite book is written by him "How to be the parents of happy and obedient children".

While looking for this, I found the laundry room breakdown story. I shall transcribe it now as I avoid doing real work in my life. (And bc I know others were looking for it in another thread but I have no idea which one)

From "A Love That Multiplies", pages 215-217

It is exhausting being a mom, whether you have one child or nineteen. Long ago I realized I simply couldn't do it on my own. One night - actually, in the middle of the night, when I was still up, folding laundry - feelings of weariness flooded over me. That was back in time when we had seven kids, and doing laundry by myself was a round-the-clock job. So, whenever I was up feeding a baby during the night, I was also doing laundry. I knew if I didn't stay caught up, we wouldn't have clean underwear for the potty-trainers the next day.

That night I stood in that laundry room crying. Lord, You must have the wrong person here! I silently prayed. I simply can't do this. I'm not capable; I feel so overwhelmed and inadequate. I'm so grateful for these precious gifts You have give me, but, Father, I need Your help!

My cry was like that of a helpless baby: the only way that baby's going to be helped is if a loving parent comes to meet its needs.

That night I felt God saying to my heart in a soft, clear voice, Michelle, it's easy to praise Me when things are going great - when the house is neat, the dishes are clean, the laundry's done, and your children are healthy and behaving themselves - but are you willing to praise Me right now, when it's not easy?

Immediately to my mind came these words from Scripture: "Offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually" (Hebrews 13:15).

I said, "Father, I love You, and I'm going to praise You even when I don't feel like it. With You, I am capable; without You, I am nothing. I desperately need You." Then, through my tears, I softly began to sing, "The joy of the Lord is my strength. The joy of the Lord is my strength."

As I sang, a release came over my heart as if a burden had been lifted. I finished the laundry around 2 a.m. and went to bed.

Shortly after the laundry-room experience, my little ones were taking piano lessons at the home of an older woman we called Nana. I was sitting there drifting off to sleep while listening to their lessons when Nana asked me, "Are you okay, Michelle?"

I answered, "Yes, I'm fine. I was just up late last night doing laundry."

Nana's face seemed to light up. "Laundry? Do you need help doing laundry? I love to do laundry!"

The idea had never occurred to me. Have someone help with you laundry? Amazed, I told Nana, "Well, sure, I could use some help."

The next Saturday, Nana came to out house and said, "Just have the kids carry all the dirty laundry to the laundry room, and I'll do it."

Later that day, when she was all finished, I was so touched by the gift she had given me, I cried again!

Nana said, "It's a joy for me. I love doing laundry."

God sent His angel Nana to out home twice a week for many years. What a powerful lesson it was for me to remember the tGod's strength is "made perfect" in my weakness - and to realize I didn't have to understand how He would help me; I just had to cry out in humility and believe He would. My job was, and is, to keep praising the Lord, even when I don't feel like it.

Did anyone else read this in Michelle's baby voice?

Archived