IGNORED

The Duggar House Schedule

roddma

I thought when Jessa started a relationship with Ben, Mrs Query stepped in to teach?

Hmm..If that's true, I must have missed it. I do know she (Q) is working as a midwife...J&D visited her for a check up.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the OP they are always going to have bible time with daddy no matter what but as others said they don't seem to be sticking to the scheduler as much. Now we aren't in their house all the time so it's possible they stick to it somewhat at least for younger kids who have to be schooled. I would think if the show goes on for another 2 years we may see that schedule kick in again as more of those older kids get married off and out the house. JB and M will have to take on more work as more Jslaves leave the nest and that schedule will become more important.

Jeremiah is memorizing large sections of the Bible because Jim Bob promised the kids 1,000 bucks if they could do it, and he's bound and determined to get that money. My little atheistic ass would have done the same thing at that age so I'm not judging Jeremiah at all, but I think this says a lot about what is truly worshiped by the Duggars these days.

MOY. Money first, others next, yourself last. Oh, and baby Jesus too.

This is what fascinates me about fundies. They read the same book every. Damn. Day. They sing songs with lines taken from this book. They listen to various preachers on this same book multiple times a week. How dull are their lives? I would have gone postal by now

This could also explain mullets perpetual crazy eyes. She probably remembers her days of being able to read something different

Edited for iPhone typos

I'm one of those weirdos who loves to re-read and analyse books. I've read all Tolkien's major works at least half a dozen times and took a course on him at university. But reading him every day? I'd just stop reading at all eventually.

I know the Bible is special and sacred to these people, but it still baffles me that they never get bored of it.

I'm a retired Catholic because of the same reason as poster above. Catholicism is far from perfect and not to generalize, but from my experience with Catholicism the Catholic Church isn't that interested in bashing other religions. I never heard a priest say the Baptists, Mormons or any other religion is going to hell because they aren't Catholics. Everyone I know that went to Catholic schools has some kind of weird story. About 50 years ago a nun around here was nuts and failed her entire class for the school year. :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

My experience with Catholic friends and then attending RCIA and Catholic church for a few years, so altogether a period of probably 20-something years, is they are far more accepting of others. For instance, when I was SBC a young family joined our church and became very active. The father worked at a local plant where beer was either manufactured or distributed. He was pressured to quit that job and he did. Contrast to the RCIA class, where several couples were known to be living together unmarried and no one batted an eye.

Jeremiah is memorizing large sections of the Bible because Jim Bob promised the kids 1,000 bucks if they could do it, and he's bound and determined to get that money. My little atheistic ass would have done the same thing at that age so I'm not judging Jeremiah at all, but I think this says a lot about what is truly worshiped by the Duggars these days.

MOY. Money first, others next, yourself last. Oh, and baby Jesus too.

Wouldn't it be awesome if he would just take the money and announce that he will now move in with some non-fundie relatives of J'Chelles side?

I remember the creepy ATI-lady (with the creepy son who seemed into Jinger... what's his name... C-something, want to say the mom is Marsha or something, they went to all the weddings, are from California...) she posted a schedule or the jurisdictions or something along those lines she found in the house. She took a picture of it and posted it on her public facebook album.

Cooper Dauer you mean.

Former Catholic here, too. (and most of my mom's family is still practicing. I go to church for weddings, funerals, confirmations, and baptisms. lol) Anyway, went K-8 to Catholic school, and we were never taught doom and gloom. I mean, sure, we read the Bible, but we were taught it was a story to explain "being good" to people in terms they could understand way back when. We also learned evolution, and we were taught about many different religions in religion class. My 6th grade teacher had a poster of the earth, and it said "2.5 billion years old" on it. In CCD class in high school (never did get confirmed), our CCD teacher told us that Catholic teaching doesn't condone birth control, but to not be dumb and it was better to be safe than sorry.

None of my still-practicing Catholic family members are doom and gloom and fire and brimstone and sin and hellfires, though.

Archived