IGNORED

The Duggar House Schedule

roddma

It seems the house schedule so famous in the beginning has fallen by the wayside. They seldom are at home and three have moved out. Do they still have Bible Time with Daddy?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the schedule is just for show and when nobody is around they are just completely feral.

completely feral.

:lol: :lol: :twisted:

In my opinion that is one of the nicest things said about the children. That image of feral (cats, of course) in my head. I feel kinda warm and fuzzy. I want to drive down there and leave bowls of kibble, with a map and instructions to freedom underneath the bowls.

I do vaguely remember the schedule. Or at least the schedule they said they followed. I would think that the schedule was necessary to survival. Everyone needs structure most of the time.

I think in the early days there was a schedule. remember the color coded schedule shown in 14/15/16 kids and counting? Now it seems there is no schedule. For example, bible time used to be before bed, which was like 8:30 pm. I don't remember the episode, but it was still light out at Bible time (which yes can happen in the summer, but I don't make my kids go to bed that early in the summer). Now, when Derrick and Jill went to announce the pregnancy, Bible time was at 6. Also, when I actually am brave and watch an episode, I really haven't seen organized meal times. I have seen kids snacking but not really sitting down to a meal.

They used to use the Maxwells' scheduling stuff along with the chore packs. I doubt they do anymore, but the two families still have some business ties.

:lol: :lol: :twisted:

In my opinion that is one of the nicest things said about the children. That image of feral (cats, of course) in my head. I feel kinda warm and fuzzy. I want to drive down there and leave bowls of kibble, with a map and instructions to freedom underneath the bowls.

I do vaguely remember the schedule. Or at least the schedule they said they followed. I would think that the schedule was necessary to survival. Everyone needs structure most of the time.

I love my back garden's feral/stray kitty army. I leave food out for them and some of them have let me pet them. They all have names based on personal appearance. Befriending strays is also a great way to get a free kitty-that's where mine came from, a little stray kitten who showed up one day and never left.

And now I am imagining the Duggar kids as catlike :D Especially Jill's comment about having to eat food in the bathroom, makes me think of feral kitties fighting over food and the way my cat steals food off the table and runs away with it to eat.

Schedule- BWAHHHHHH. I doubt there's been a schedule beyond AIS (ass in seat) for bus gigs, in years!

They used to use the Maxwells' scheduling stuff along with the chore packs. I doubt they do anymore, but the two families still have some business ties.

Looks to me that the kids under Joy/Josiah do not have the MOTH system ; too much for Michelle to enforce without the j'slaves! Think Michelle has adopted a run-a-muck system now! No structure, standards and maybe Bible time has gone out the window, too (except for the cameras)!

Someone asked about menu planning on 19K FB and made me think of the old house schedule. It is in '20 and Counting' book. I told them I doubt if they do much meal planning sine they are seldom at home for a long stretch.

I feel really bad for any of the kids having to hide and eat. It should make them think twice about large broods.

I reckon the formal schedule got dumped along with the frumpers. The kids are so well trained they no longer need chorepaks to do the parenting for jimbob and Jchelle!

I saw a "schedule" on istagram. If it is true there are 2 bible times, one in the morning and one in the evening. There are also 3 hours of school. Again :naughty: I do not know if the paper was genuine. It was from someone who claimed to be inside of the house.

Was it divided by the half hour for each person like the titus2 original though?

Three hours of school is prob a lot for the duggars but it is not all that much in real world terms. Especially if half of it is bible time! :?

I remember the creepy ATI-lady (with the creepy son who seemed into Jinger... what's his name... C-something, want to say the mom is Marsha or something, they went to all the weddings, are from California...) she posted a schedule or the jurisdictions or something along those lines she found in the house. She took a picture of it and posted it on her public facebook album.

I saw a "schedule" on istagram. If it is true there are 2 bible times, one in the morning and one in the evening. There are also 3 hours of school. Again :naughty: I do not know if the paper was genuine. It was from someone who claimed to be inside of the house.

Someone should ask them to snap a pic of Michelle's famous ( or infamous) ferility chart.

There are also 3 hours of school.

Okay, I'll say it. Three hours of school, five days a week? MY ASS.

If they get an hour in three days a week, I'd be shocked.

Well, that is all the school age kids combined, obviously.

I think they play pretty fast and loose about what constitutes "school time." Kids learning to lay carpet? That's shop class. Kids learning to arrange flowers? Art. They've said it plenty of times that they put a high value on experiences as learning, and yes, they do have their place, but I think they do it at the expense of actual schoolwork. And by school work, I mean whatever F'd up thing they are teaching them about science or history... so eh. Maybe not so bad they are missing the schoolwork.

Was it divided by the half hour for each person like the titus2 original though?

Three hours of school is prob a lot for the duggars but it is not all that much in real world terms. Especially if half of it is bible time! :?

Because of my Autism I finished my last school year with a distance learning school (homeshooling is illegal here) and they said that two to three hours of work per day are easily the same as six hours in a normal school.

BUT I was alone in my room with no other stuff to do as school. No other children around, no chores...

I think they play pretty fast and loose about what constitutes "school time." Kids learning to lay carpet? That's shop class. Kids learning to arrange flowers? Art. They've said it plenty of times that they put a high value on experiences as learning, and yes, they do have their place, but I think they do it at the expense of actual schoolwork. And by school work, I mean whatever F'd up thing they are teaching them about science or history... so eh. Maybe not so bad they are missing the schoolwork.

And this is why their 13 year old son doesn't know 8x4

For example, bible time used to be before bed, which was like 8:30 pm. I don't remember the episode, but it was still light out at Bible time (which yes can happen in the summer, but I don't make my kids go to bed that early in the summer). Now, when Derrick and Jill went to announce the pregnancy, Bible time was at 6.

How many hours can someone spend studying the same damned book before they're sick of seeing it? They spend more time in a month on that book than we spent in a quarter on a book in high school, and by the end of the quarter, books that were great at the beginning were so overly analyzed and studied that we came to hate them. And they do that every month, year after year, with that single book. How boring. If you don't know a book well enough to move on and study something else after a year of studying it, then I think you're either pretty stupid or aren't really that interested since you aren't retaining anything. (Barring learning disabilities, which shouldn't have to be disclaimed, but it's 2015, and nobody uses thinking anymore. And disclaimer for the disclaimer, that "nobody" is a general blanket statement.)

Because of my Autism I finished my last school year with a distance learning school (homeshooling is illegal here) and they said that two to three hours of work per day are easily the same as six hours in a normal school.

BUT I was alone in my room with no other stuff to do as school. No other children around, no chores...

When homeschool focuses on a single kid, 3 hours is okay. But they've got kids all over the educational chart, making 3 hours not enough.

I think as long as the kids and read label on the canned good they are eating and figure out how to count out the money for it, J & M will consider their kids well educated. They don't see a need for their kids to know science, higher math (by higher I mean third grade) or history. These people have no higher aspirations for their children. Do they even get GEDs anymore? Not that it is a big deal but it's still like having an eighth grade education or so. I feel like the younger kids are going to end up like the maxwells where they "graduate" from their own "school" that is accredited by their parents. I think it will get to the point that the little kids will not even have the ability to pass the GED. I still remember the episode where Jackson was maybe 6 and still learning his letters, while most kids are starting to read chapter books at 6.

How many hours can someone spend studying the same damned book before they're sick of seeing it? They spend more time in a month on that book than we spent in a quarter on a book in high school, and by the end of the quarter, books that were great at the beginning were so overly analyzed and studied that we came to hate them. And they do that every month, year after year, with that single book. How boring. If you don't know a book well enough to move on and study something else after a year of studying it, then I think you're either pretty stupid or aren't really that interested since you aren't retaining anything. (Barring learning disabilities, which shouldn't have to be disclaimed, but it's 2015, and nobody uses thinking anymore. And disclaimer for the disclaimer, that "nobody" is a general blanket statement.)

This is what fascinates me about fundies. They read the same book every. Damn. Day. They sing songs with lines taken from this book. They listen to various preachers on this same book multiple times a week. How dull are their lives? I would have gone postal by now

This could also explain mullets perpetual crazy eyes. She probably remembers her days of being able to read something different

Edited for iPhone typos

Archived