IGNORED

Week III, Botkin marriage seminar live blog

meda

I wonder what he did to his patients? Touched them inappropriately, as in, felt them up, or something worse? It says 4th criminal sexual contact, but I have no idea what that means.

I picture him looking like Dr. Beardface from Scrubs...

The second link I posted above goes into the details.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, hold up--note taking?! What the hell, since when do you need to take 50 pages of notes of your potential spouse?! Since when did courtship turn into a lecture class? I wonder if they had a final exam at the end of the courtship. Oh my gosh, totally gonna have my boyfriend and I do that!

Question though-What the hell did David Botkin mean with writing a paper to David N? He seriously had to write a paper on why he should court Nadia?

Botkins sound so boring, it's no wonder why the two daughters are having a hard time finding a spouse--Dad Botkin would bore them to tears with lectures, note taking, pop quizzes, research proposal and a final exam before they could even court the girl. Geez.

"These people manage to suck the joy out of every possible situation. They turn marriage into business agreements and having babies into "fulfilling multigenerational visions". Even weddings themselves are now deemed "too secular" in celebration so they have to have the excitement/joy of a funeral to pass Pa Botkin's test. I wonder if his kids were allowed to have birthday parties growing up."

And Geoff wonders why they're "a persecuted family."

:think:

They're a persecuted family in the way that McDonalds is persecuted or Abercrombie and Fitch is persecuted.

At some point if you make your family into a brand and try to sell them as such you're going to have people who don't like the brand. The way to deal with this isn't to advertise the brand more, it's to take your ball and go home, but Geoff thinks he's a big damn deal and he's not going to do that.

Botkins sound so boring, it's no wonder why the two daughters are having a hard time finding a spouse--Dad Botkin would bore them to tears with lectures, note taking, pop quizzes, research proposal and a final exam before they could even court the girl. Geez.

Homeschooling: it's a way of life, no, really, I mean it's a way of life!

The second link I posted above goes into the details.

I'm an idiot. I didn't make the connection. Thanks, Treemom. (And I'm not being sarcastic)

Guest Anonymous
"These people manage to suck the joy out of every possible situation. They turn marriage into business agreements and having babies into "fulfilling multigenerational visions". Even weddings themselves are now deemed "too secular" in celebration so they have to have the excitement/joy of a funeral to pass Pa Botkin's test. I wonder if his kids were allowed to have birthday parties growing up."

And Geoff wonders why they're "a persecuted family."

:think:

The rest of the world isn't persecuting the Botkin kids, their father is.

Archived