IGNORED

Duggar Family Scrapbook

Yoshimi

To me it seems like Jessa is the one that wrote all of this on the website. Hers is the most detailed in written in first-person

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JD's future plans: get married...

was the ellipses needed there, JD? What a drama queen :lol:

Could it be that is getting some encouragement to seek a wife from his parents? He is like what 25 or 26. How old was David when his parents encourage him to court Priscilla?

My heart absolutely breaks for the youngest girls saying they want to actually pursue a career, but unless something drastic changes it will never happen.

My heart absolutely breaks for the youngest girls saying they want to actually pursue a career, but unless something drastic changes it will never happen.

Well, they do have two college educated sons-in-law so anything is possible. JB could see that people can maintain their faith and good to college.

Well, they do have two college educated sons-in-law so anything is possible. JB could see that people can maintain their faith and good to college.

I don't think the kids not going to college has ever had anything to do with them not being able to maintain their faith. It's about control, and not stepping outside of the boundaries of your roles. I'm still surprised Joseph is there and wonder how he managed to get away with that. Honestly, one of the reasons I am so convinced that he might be courting a Bates is that I'm not sure Boob would have let him go for college alone. But if it was to potentially speed up an engagement (and future children), I could see them allowing it.

It's about a loooot more than the "temptations" at college. I mean, how many times do we have to hear Boob talk about how their kids are so "trained" to do the right thing? And yet they're not even allowed to go to the grocery store alone because they might be totally overcome by temptation and do something immoral? :roll: I don't think Boob actually thinks they will do anything bad if they're independent. I think he just wants THEM to be afraid that they will do something bad if they are independent.

I had no idea the little girls really wanted to be a doctor, a veterinarian and an artist, that's exactly what I imagined for each of them :( A lot of people (myself included) take a long time to find a job they want to do, and those children already know what they love and enjoy. It seems cruel that they'll never be allowed to try it.

I'm pretty sure they'll change their minds about what they want to be too. In a couple of years their goals will be "marry young and have as many kids as humanly possible."

Who is that in the picture with John David? It sorta looks like Jana but not quite

Maybe that is Jana in a parallel universe in which the Duggars never turned quiverful. John David probably flew there once by accident. Maybe he choose that picture of him for the scrapbook because the Jana he met there was so much more happy than the Jana who lives in our universe.

(I am not serious.)

I'm pretty sure they'll change their minds about what they want to be too. In a couple of years their goals will be "marry young and have as many kids as humanly possible."

I still have hope for them, particularly Jordyn and Jenni. The J-slaves were indoctrinated from an early age, they clearly feel a responsibility towards their family to at least uphold the image of their perfect family. Jenni and Jordyn don't seem to have any attachment to their parents, and if things stay the way they are, if Jill and Jessa keep having children and the other older girls just kind of oversee them, that neglect and disinterest in the family could be the "best" thing that ever happened to them. It's easier to turn your back on your family if you've never seen them as your family. How would they guilt an 18-year-old Jenni into staying? Sure, they can always try to scare her with the hell talk, but if Jenni is as much of a sceptic as she seems to be, that would go about as well as it went with Susanna Keller :lol:

I agree. Can't wait to read the tell-all books from the little ones!

To me it seems like Jessa is the one that wrote all of this on the website. Hers is the most detailed in written in first-person

If she did, could the choice of Job as Jana's favorite Bible character be Jessa's way of throwing shade at Jana?

• 1 month later...
Except for Jim Bob holding Marcus, those pictures look old. Perhaps this hasn't been updated for a while?

The pictures may be old, but at least some of the info can't be too old. Jessa mentions her honeymoon. Jill's occupation is wife and mother.

Jana's future plans make me so sad for her.

And I agree about Jenni...she's the most worrisome of them all.

I posted this like a while ago in the general discussion, so I'm happy to see it got its own thread. That Jana blank space is very sad. Question though, has anybody else had a problem viewing it lately or is it just me? Every time I click on the girls or the boys it tells me:

This webpage is not available

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I've tried on Chrome and IE, along with my tablet and still can't access the page anymore. Anybody else? :(

I posted this like a while ago in the general discussion, so I'm happy to see it got its own thread. That Jana blank space is very sad. Question though, has anybody else had a problem viewing it lately or is it just me? Every time I click on the girls or the boys it tells me:

I've tried on Chrome and IE, along with my tablet and still can't access the page anymore. Anybody else? :(

I can only see JimBoob and J'Chelle's entries. I get "Server Not Found" on the girls/boys pages.

Yeah, I noticed the same issue yesterday.

Thanks! I thought maybe it was just me.

If you scroll all the way to the bottom they have related links. It has (new?) Links to the kids pages.

Ah! I see it on the side of my screen where it says related links in a yellow box. Yes, those do work for me. Thank you! :)

Ah! I see it on the side of my screen where it says related links in a yellow box. Yes, those do work for me. Thank you! :)

No problem. :)

The links weren't working for me either but I noticed it's because whoever put them in, had "www" twice. So I just took one out and put it in my browser or whatever.

Where do we get two college educated sons-in-law from? Derickdillard graduated, but Bin had only taken a few community college classes before getting drafted into Daddy Duggars' work force. They've mentioned some online classes, but that's not the same as completing college.

I know the Dullards are all about polishing lies until they sparkle, but I think we have more respect for the truth here at FJ. And honestly, Bin is just a 19 year old kid -- few kids that age have finished college, just the child prodigies or ones who focused REALLY early on. That's not Bin. He's definitely one of the dullest tools in the shed. [Please don't take my anti-Bin tirade personally. I find him very irritating at the least and appallingly stupid and shockingly insensitive at best, so I just can't let his qualifications be any more artificially enhanced than they already are.]

I can't believe that page has been up since March, at least, without anyone fixing Jenny's picture. The way she's treated by her parents (and now TLC! damn) is reprehensible.

I know. Some of the other pictures aren't great. But it's ridiculous that her entire head isn't in the frame.

She makes me so sad. In one of the clip shows a while back, JB is trying to come up with one word to describe some of the younger girls and I swear he had a hard time thinking of one for Jenni. :(

It looks like they used something that took the photos and auto-centered them, but jeez, if that was my family, I'd have at least checked it first and used a different photo instead. I don't understand these people. They act more like a daycare than a family sometimes.

• 2 months later...

Ben does now have an associate's degree, he was actively pursuing it already so while he didn't have a degree yet, he did have some college already. How you define 'college educated' probably depends on whether you only consider someone college educated if they've already graduated, which might not be how everyone out there uses the phrase.

Can I just ask a question to people who might have more Bible education than me... Jackson says his favorite Biblical character is 'Enoch'. Who is that? I looked up the name and it appears he was Adam and Eve's grandson, but there is no more information about him really. Are there Bible stories ABOUT him? What are they? It seemed like a really unusual choice to me because I didn't recognize the name in the first place, and for such a young kid to choose that was odd to me.

Also, while a lot of the boys pick their namesake as their favorite characters in the Bible, only Jana has more than one favorite and she's the only one who female favorites (two, in fact!). I think that's interesting. She seems very thoughtful and intelligent to me, and I remember when they went to the creation museum she discussed evolution with more familiarity and ability to look at it critically. 'When you think about it, it does make sense. But what the Bible says is different'. Basically saying, 'intellectually, evolution makes sense, but I follow my faith instead' which I consider a more honest way to approach the issue. I'd guess she is also more open-minded about the Bible and reading parts that were not assigned or promoted by family to the point that she has more individual favorite stories and characters than many of her siblings. I also think her favorite verse (Colossians 3) is interesting, and probably says a lot about her since she clearly thinks pretty deeply about her faith and her role in the family/world.

Can I just ask a question to people who might have more Bible education than me... Jackson says his favorite Biblical character is 'Enoch'. Who is that? I looked up the name and it appears he was Adam and Eve's grandson, but there is no more information about him really. Are there Bible stories ABOUT him? What are they? It seemed like a really unusual choice to me because I didn't recognize the name in the first place, and for such a young kid to choose that was odd to me.

The whole big hoopla with Enoch comes from two verses. Basically, Enoch was such a godly person, he never died. God just let him go directly to heaven.

Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: “He could not be found, because God had taken him away.†For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God.

ETA: There is also the Book of Enoch that gets a mention in Jude 1:14–15 with Enoch being a prophet, but given the fact that it's been left out of Jewish and Christian canon, I doubt this factored in Jackson's reasoning.

That's really interesting! I wonder why that appeals to Jackson... he had previously talked about wanting to be a policeman, and had a lot of interest in the Lone Ranger. Lots of pretend gun play in his games. I guess it didn't occur to me that death would seem particularly scary to him since he didn't seem to understand what it really meant. But maybe after Jubilee he was more concerned by it. :shrug:

Archived