IGNORED

Scott Brown: Intersex people may not marry.

FundieWatcher

I hate the Ladies Against Feminism site, and the idiots who started and run it. Feminism is the reason they can have that site.

Does anybody else notice he's saying if you're disabled you're also sub-human? :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: My disability isn't particularly disabling but everyone can see it...one thing is i'm proud of that part of me, I still face a lot of prejudice but ableism is a prejudice that a lot of people haven't heard of. alot people don't understand how I can be happy and don't want to be to 'fixed'

Sorry for format just got new computer

So Scott Brown's marriage should be valid, DESPITE the fact that it couldn't produce children, but an intersex individual's marriage should NOT be valid BECAUSE it cannot produce children.

This is the second logic fail in a month, Scottie. You really need to learn to engage your brain more,and your mouth less.

I'm entertaining the fantasy of Scotty watching "Transparent," the excellent Amazon TV series. I'd gladly be a mouse in the corner for that, just for the fun of seeing his head explode. :lol:

That show sucks so badly. I doubt a TV show where the only tolerable person is trans is going to convince him.

If I remember right, Scottie had to adopt his quiver. Maybe his wife couldn't have any and this is the way he can divorce her. Maybe he is the one, and has so much self hatred, it's just spilling over.

Either way, it's horrible! If he's planning to divorce because his wife was unable to conceive, he should have thought about it before taking in four! parentless children who need a stable ground under their feet. And also, if it was his wife who couldn't conceive, this rant must be extremely hurtful for her to read. He calls non-multiplying people eunuchs, genetic failures, worthless, etc.

If it's his sperm count that was too low to make it all the way through to reach a raging egg, then I think, there is justice in the universe.

So many things wrong with those statements. :angry-banghead:

So Scott Brown's marriage should be valid, DESPITE the fact that it couldn't produce children, but an intersex individual's marriage should NOT be valid BECAUSE it cannot produce children.

This is the second logic fail in a month, Scottie. You really need to learn to engage your brain more,and your mouth less.

The explanations that I've heard on this subject are that it's okay for infertile heterosexual couples to get married is because "natural law" says so (i.e., men and women are "designed" to be together in a way same-sex couples aren't). This Catholic article explains this reasoning in more detail, and I'm sure Scott Brown would agree more or less with the conclusions:

www.catholic.org/news/hf/family/story.php?id=50864

Ok so not only does he insult intersexed individuals but also people who were born not quite "perfect" as he would see it. Does this man not pay attention to the world around him? There are people born without hands/feet/organs etc that DO lead productive and fulfilling lives with some adjustments and technological help. Stephen Hawking had contributed far more to this world than Scott Brown has or ever will and he is wheel chair bound and communicates with technological assistance. Just everything about this ignorant statement makes me angry but I wanted to point out that his assumptions of those who my have physical issues are pretty ignorant as well.

Ok so not only does he insult intersexed individuals but also people who were born not quite "perfect" as he would see it. Does this man not pay attention to the world around him? There are people born without hands/feet/organs etc that DO lead productive and fulfilling lives with some adjustments and technological help. Stephen Hawking had contributed far more to this world than Scott Brown has or ever will and he is wheel chair bound and communicates with technological assistance. Just everything about this ignorant statement makes me angry but I wanted to point out that his assumptions of those who my have physical issues are pretty ignorant as well.

Stephen Hawking has also pointed out recently that he considers aggression the greatest threat to the world and compassion of the greatest benefit. Hmmmm. I wonder if Jesus ever thought that.

Thinking :?

Thinking :?

Scott? SCOTT??? SCOTTIE?

Does anybody else notice he's saying if you're disabled you're also sub-human? :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: My disability isn't particularly disabling but everyone can see it...one thing is i'm proud of that part of me, I still face a lot of prejudice but ableism is a prejudice that a lot of people haven't heard of. alot people don't understand how I can be happy and don't want to be to 'fixed'

Sorry for format just got new computer

Someone else also said that disabled people were subhuman, to the point where they were sterilized before genocide was decided as a better option. I don't mean to invoke Godwin's Law here, but it reminds me of the eugenics movement where people with disabilities were sterilized. Even in the US, people with disabilities were routinely sterilized against their will.

I Know what the biblical solution is for infertility. Grant permission to mate with a concubine and pray for God to heal your womb. Can't you just biblically fix all of this with concubines? When in doubt, consult the good book.

Most men woudln't be aware of that until after they got married and couldn't procreate... in that case, does it mean they should get divorced since they are unable to fulfill the Godly requirements of marriage? But then isn't getting divorced a sin??

No; it's the woman's fault, don'tcha know... She must pray for the Lord to open up her womb, like Hannah did. If she were just faithful enough, a low sperm count wouldn't matter.

As for menopause - remember Sarah?

• 3 months later...

I will always be grateful to my ex fundamentalist husband who, after ten years of me undergoing wretched infertility issues and all of the attendant miserable treatments available,( which caused me to terribly offend him by gaining weight!!) finally told me that he wanted a younger woman who could give him children and who would not struggle with her weight. I was relieved....I was so exhausted...he also used the excuse that I was not submitted enough because I was going to school at that time and being influenced by the "world".

I will always be grateful to my ex fundamentalist husband who, after ten years of me undergoing wretched infertility issues and all of the attendant miserable treatments available,( which caused me to terribly offend him by gaining weight!!) finally told me that he wanted a younger woman who could give him children and who would not struggle with her weight. I was relieved....I was so exhausted...he also used the excuse that I was not submitted enough because I was going to school at that time and being influenced by the "world".

Here there be monsters. . . .

Been there. He finally had an affair with a fertile woman, left me, married her when she got pregnant--and left her before his daughter was a year old, for yet another woman. And calls me sometimes on Valentine's to say leaving me was the worst mistake he ever made.

Archived