IGNORED

Scott Brown: Intersex people may not marry.

FundieWatcher

"In the same way that people can be born without hands and without feet or various other organs these are people who are born either without organs or perhaps they are disfigured or not useful or maybe, there are actually people who are born with ambiguous organs in this whole realm. One of the requirements of marriage is that these characteristics are there so that marriage can be fulfilled. So that the basic commands and principles of marriage can be carried out. If you are not born with those things than you are by the sovereignty of God, you have been ordained not to be married. Here Jesus is saying that He is sovereign. He’s saying that he has done this. This is given from heaven. So when a child is born and the child has this kind of condition or various classifications of this condition they need to go back to this verse and realize that God in His sovereignty has done this. That there are eunuchs that are born thus from their mother’s womb." - Scott Brown,Ladies Against Feminism (March 6, 2015) Singleness And the Sovereignty of God.

That is a long ass way of saying that, you were born with both sex characteristics and that means God doesn't want you to ever marry.

Heaven help an intersex child born into a fundie family.

"bla bla bullshit So that the basic commands and principles of marriage can be carried out. If you are not born with those things than you are by the sovereignty of God, you have been ordained not to be married. more bullshit

Let me clarify this, the relationship between two people, and the marriage between two people has to be based on and revolve around ... F*CKING? Just to make sure that I read him right. Really, like when they pair up 2 random wild animals in the zoo?

If you base a marriage on f***ng, you're gonna have a bad time. There are plenty of other things that count. There are way, way more important things in a marriage than f***ing. (I keep using the F word because I cannot call a mandatory sex action lovemaking!)

And what does Jesus have to do with this all?

So intersex people are outcast cripples that are nature's joke and less than people and should be treated accordingly. They are not 100% worthy of being called humans and they must be deprived of being able to choose a partner and marry.

I think he is a low EQ devious cunt who should be kept away from larger media surfaces because he is a menace to humanity.

How about this, Scotty. You mind your own business and keep your genitalia and its activities between yourself and whoever else is participating in said activities, and I'll do the same.

And anyone and everyone else can follow suit, and nobody worries about genitalia they have no association with, and I don't drink as much.

So women past menopause shouldn't marry. :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair:

WELL then! Add me to Scotty's shit list!! :lol:

Seriously - I've just speed-read the entire article, and it's one of the finest examples of mental masturbation I've seen in quite some time. It's all about teh heterosexual, PIV, baby-making secks - and if you don't fit into those parameters, folks, then too bad so sad for YOU! Scotty does conveniently neglect to mention that his four kids were adopted...but we all know he doesn't need to measure up to the lofty standards he sets for the rest of humankind. He breathes his own special snowflake rarefied air as he chants the fundie mantra, "Do as I say, not as I do...do as I say, not as I do..."

Or men with low or no sperm count

Most men woudln't be aware of that until after they got married and couldn't procreate... in that case, does it mean they should get divorced since they are unable to fulfill the Godly requirements of marriage? But then isn't getting divorced a sin??

reminds me of this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J90CH4Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1425757229&sr=8-1&keywords=commitment+hourπ=AC_SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=51bZePZRArL&ref=plSrch

It's a rather interesting take on gender- what would society look like if you could pick your permanent gender at age 18 after swapping every year, especially when you have the choice of both?

In any case, I have to join in on the hate for people who seem to think marriage is only about sex and babies. My wife and I can't seem to have any biological kids. Is our marriage invalid? Who knows, perhaps we're both horribly deformed and can't have sex. Or maybe we're just infertile. Are you going to check?

But then again, I haven't rehomed either of our adopted kids, so I guess I'm not in sync with that either.

guitar_villain, we are a couple who has to be chalked up on the shitlist, too! 2 people with low sex drive, we mostly cuddle and snuggle, no plans on having kids for various reasons, mental health included. We are also 2 worthless nobodies who shouldn't marry. I wish we could have you and your wife over from time to time and think about how worthless we are, as a group, over a nice steak, booze and homemade ice cream and good music. Being worthless misfits in a group just magnifies our sense of worthlessness. My regards to the Mistress! Who shouldn't have married you.

Combine this with the baby-hating "bloated cohort" idea happening over in the most recent Kelly-Two-Chicken-Breasts thread, and we're really on to something!

I can see it now: regular Bloated Cohort Worthless Misfit gatherings - potlucks, for sure. Bring your favorite dish, and your beverage of choice, and we'll help one another cope.

:cupcake: :obscene-drinkingcheers::romance-grouphug:

So basically God only wants you get to get married if he gave you the sex organs needed to make a baby. If you don't want to make a baby then bad bad bad.

Does anyone else find this sermon-- or whatever it is-- really kind of rambling and frantic? It strikes me as coming from a personal place, like something has happened in Scott's own life and he's trying to make sense of it, to jam a square peg (intersexed/genderless people) into a round hole ("biblical" manhood and womanhood).

So basically God only wants you get to get married if he gave you the sex organs needed to make a baby. If you don't want to make a baby then bad bad bad.

Apparently yes. Somehow this god of theirs has nothing on his mind but people's genitalia and the traffic between their legs.

Well, I always wondered what fundies thought about intersex conditions.

Not really glad to know.

So how does someone like this play into his narrow minded views http://www.itv.com/news/2015-02-02/woma ... -to-twins/

This is a great story. Amazing things are being done with hormone therapy!

Now, as for Scott Brown, he would have told that woman she couldn't marry nor should she have children. Although, someone should please forward the article to him and ask.

people can be born without hands and without feet or various other organs these are people who are born either without organs or perhaps they are disfigured or not useful or maybe, there are actually people who are born with ambiguous organs in this whole realm.

Because goodness knows a human beings worth is measured in his or her's usefulness in the opinion of Scott Brown. Nothing here that would cause be to invoke Godwin's law, no sir.

I don't think he probably knows what intersex people's bodies actually look like. :roll: There's such a huge spectrum of what an intersex person's internal and external anatomy can look (and function) like. Some people don't even know they are intersex until a health scare, or trying to conceive, or something that makes them realize that their internal anatomy might not "match" the external. Plus, people walk around with different sex chromosome combinations all the time and many of them never even know it themselves, much less would anyone just looking at them on the street know it.

It's pretty funny, but sad, how people will go to such great lengths to try to justify their black and white, strict binary view of gender's correlation to biological sex. I have a feeling he thinks intersex people have some sort of mangled, amorphous genitalia that don't resemble anything we think of as "male" or "female." :roll: Most intersex people still "lean" one way or the other (biologically, hormonally, their gender identity etc.) and still have vaginas and penises that function for sex, and some intersex people CAN have children.

I'm entertaining the fantasy of Scotty watching "Transparent," the excellent Amazon TV series. I'd gladly be a mouse in the corner for that, just for the fun of seeing his head explode. :lol:

Most men woudln't be aware of that until after they got married and couldn't procreate... in that case, does it mean they should get divorced since they are unable to fulfill the Godly requirements of marriage? But then isn't getting divorced a sin??

Biblically, they're supposed to get annulled, but I don't think first concubine then moves to wife status. I'll have to heck the bible for the full set of marriage laws. Like, you have to marry your rapist, but if he's infertile and you get an annulment, are you breaking the law by not being married to him?

reminds me of this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J90CH4Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1425757229&sr=8-1&keywords=commitment+hourπ=AC_SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=51bZePZRArL&ref=plSrch

It's a rather interesting take on gender- what would society look like if you could pick your permanent gender at age 18 after swapping every year, especially when you have the choice of both?

In any case, I have to join in on the hate for people who seem to think marriage is only about sex and babies. My wife and I can't seem to have any biological kids. Is our marriage invalid? Who knows, perhaps we're both horribly deformed and can't have sex. Or maybe we're just infertile. Are you going to check?

But then again, I haven't rehomed either of our adopted kids, so I guess I'm not in sync with that either.

*shakes fist* I've spent the entire afternoon reading the first book in that series because i went down the rabbit hole, and both books are on kindle unlimited.....

Anyway, on topic- Scott Brown is crazy and miserable and wants everyone else to be too.

I knew he was compensating for something... I was right.

If I remember right, Scottie had to adopt his quiver. Maybe his wife couldn't have any and this is the way he can divorce her. Maybe he is the one, and has so much self hatred, it's just spilling over.

Archived