IGNORED

Joshua Maxwell bakes cookies with Aunt Mary!

SPHASH

He even dropped his toy chain saw to help her out. I'm surprised Steveovah allowed that to happen.

The Maxwells treat what would be a normal, everyday occurrence in any other family like it's the most brilliant, original idea EVAR! Clearly, no one else has ever done this before. And if they did, the probably weren't doing it right. The arrogance is off the charts. Seriously, I could see posting this kind of stuff if the purpose of the blog was to keep far-flung members of their family up-to-date, since those are the only people who would be interested, but otherwise…? No wonder the comments have pretty much dropped to zero.

I'm glad he's able to cook. It's one of the small joys in his life, and I hope it isn't taken from him.

I really enjoyed helping my parents or grandma in the kitchen as a kid... even though we weren't godly enough to cook from scratch.

The Maxwells treat what would be a normal, everyday occurrence in any other family like it's the most brilliant, original idea EVAR! Clearly, no one else has ever done this before. And if they did, the probably weren't doing it right. The arrogance is off the charts. Seriously, I could see posting this kind of stuff if the purpose of the blog was to keep far-flung members of their family up-to-date, since those are the only people who would be interested, but otherwise…? No wonder the comments have pretty much dropped to zero.

I read it more as "look! see! we are normal!" It kind of looks like something you'd see on someones Facebook wall.

I'll give them a pass for commenting on the fact that it was made from scratch because it's a pretty basic recipe.

I'm actually saying something positive, or at least neutral, about the Maxwells... :pink-shock:

He's a cute little guy. I just can't snark on him. I hope he has fun before he gets that chore pack strapped to his waist....

Maxwell males do cook. Even in the Moody books, the dad and the boys help make breakfast (because the mom is pregnant with twins, nursing the twins, or napping because she is worn out from taking care of the aforementioned twins). They are not like the Duggars and some other fundie families in that respect. It doesn't surprise me that Joshua was allowed to bake cookies.

John cooks breakfast a lot, I think, and Steve is the Master Burrito Man.

I think any skill a male expresses interest in learning he's allowed to learn in Maxwell land, even if it's typically a female skill in Maxhell. Men are better at doing everything, so no need to limit what they learn.

It's just that they have more important jobs to do, so women have to take over the less important but must be done tasks like cooking and cleaning.

Well, I think it is cute he is baking cookies with family. That or really good family time

I guess then the Maxwell family will not need to buy evil Girl Scout cookies. You do know that those evil little girls support Planned Parenthood, abortion and Lesbians. ( I do hope you all know I am being sarcastic, and have a ton of Girl Scout cookies in my pantry and freezer. God, these people are nuts).

Well, I think it is cute he is baking cookies with family. That or really good family time

I guess then the Maxwell family will not need to buy evil Girl Scout cookies. You do know that those evil little girls support Planned Parenthood, abortion and Lesbians. ( I do hope you all know I am being sarcastic, and have a ton of Girl Scout cookies in my pantry and freezer. God, these people are nuts).

The Maxwells are so isolated, they might not even know about their fellow fundies boycotting Girl Scout cookies. Besides, Stevehovah thinks ALL youth clubs are ebil, including religious or church-based groups like AWANA.

I stocked up on Girl Scout Cookies and I always make a cash donation to the Girl Scouts when I see them being sold, for those times when I don't buy cookies.

Well I am sure Aunt Mary has plenty of time to bake cookies whenever she wants as they basically have 4 stay at home moms living in that house and NO KIDS. I imagine she must bake cookies all the time must to break up the monotony!

Now Aunt Mary is learning to cut the boys hair. Stevie used to cut the boys hair, but now he can save himself a trip to the barber now that Mary is learning the skill.

Now even Dad doesn’t have go out to a barber but is able to stay at home and get great haircuts from Mary.

Anna, honey, proofreading is a virtue!

Steve doesn't even have to go to a barber any more - one more way to keep the big, bad world at bay.

Two posts in a row about Mary's accomplishments - she can bake cookies AND cut hair! Sure looks like some courtship advertisin' in Maxhell to me...

It is a shame that Mary didn't slip and accidentally cut a giant penis on the back of Stevehovah's head with the clippers.

What makes you think he has a giant....oh, never mind....

I don't know if he has a giant one, but he gives the impression of being a giant one. :wink-kitty:

Two posts in a row about Mary - could they be trying to sell her for courtship? They used to do a lot of posts about Anna, but I haven't seen any recently.

If Mary was allowed a real life I could picture her in fashion school.

She has a bit of flair (as much as is allowed) in how she dresses and wears her hair. IIRC, she's the outfit coordinator when they do their dog and pony shows.

Maybe she'd be a stylist to the stars in another life.

Most of what she does all day is what many of us worldly people do in our hours after work and school. It doesn't seem like a very full life for a young woman.

Two posts in a row about Mary - could they be trying to sell her for courtship? They used to do a lot of posts about Anna, but I haven't seen any recently.

Has Mary even graduated yet?

So Mary's the family barber now? Just one more reason not to have to interact with the outside world.

She has not, but she is 18. I'm guessing she'll graduate sometime soon, though, maybe this spring.

I think they said in the comments once that she has finished all her school requirements, but hasn't officially "graduated" yet.

Archived