IGNORED

Famteam University

0 kids n not countin

From a recent Dad's Diary...

Who wants to attend? :shifty:

Everyone here at “FamTeam University†continues to attend “classes†in such areas as filmmaking (Jude’s students have been receiving some interesting assignments from their teacher), physical training (Paul, Luke, Mark, and Philip have learned many new exercises, and have been passing them on to everyone else), nutrition (everyone has been discovering — and creating — menu items that support health and strength), and many other areas. I have been hosting midday gatherings in which everyone present seeks a greater “helping†of God’s Holy Spirit. Luke has been organizing a speech-communication class, and several members of the family have been sharpening their musical skills.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically, they attend each other's classes?

This family could be the subject of an entire semester of Abnormal Psych.

Creepy, thy name is Arndt.

This is the weirdest family ever. I could understand if they were isolated like the Maxwells, but they aren't. The older sons have jobs and travel. WTF did these parents do to their children?

The Arndts aren't openly/officially against their sons marrying (proper Christians, of course) and leaving the Arndt fold, right?

IT'S JUST SO BIZARRE.

Hopefully the Ardnt's have better food than the Maxwells.

Creepy.

Also, unless I missed it, they ignored Luke's 30th birthday on their blog. Perhaps they don't want to admit they have 4 men over 30 still living at home (and counting).

Creepy.

Also, unless I missed it, they ignored Luke's 30th birthday on their blog. Perhaps they don't want to admit they have 4 men over 30 still living at home (and counting).

It is mentioned in Dad's corner on Feb 8 and 9, but his age is not noted. HE got to have lunch with Daddy and Mommy at Logans Roadhouse and spend about 3 hours at a funeral home for visitation, not sure if funeral of one of Mommy's relatives. Birthday greetings were extended.

Master bedroom , funeral home... these people know how to celebrate a birthday!

I never thought I'd say this, but this is one family that's even weirder than the Maxwells. At least the Maxwells are very cut and dried. You know exactly what and who they are, and what they believe. These people? :shrug: It's a mystery. :think:

"Speech class"? This in a family in which most if the kids share a speech impediment?

It is mentioned in Dad's corner on Feb 8 and 9, but his age is not noted. HE got to have lunch with Daddy and Mommy at Logans Roadhouse and spend about 3 hours at a funeral home for visitation, not sure if funeral of one of Mommy's relatives. Birthday greetings were extended.

Master bedroom , funeral home... these people know how to celebrate a birthday!

Wow, thst is creepy and sad.

This family is the weirdest, creepiest thing I have ever heard of.

Yep, this is the one and only family I think are worse than the Maxwells. There is SOMETHING going on in that house that keeps a bunch of fully grown men who actually go out into the world come back home to the bunk beds every night. And it ain't Jesus. Fucking creepy.

I feel like this family is straight out if the The X-Files. I don't think they are frightened of the world like the Duggars or the Maxwells. I truly believe that they don't care that the world exists. There is more than control here, it's like some type if spell has been cast on the kids and I don't even believe in spells. They all truly seem happy to be together all the time without any friends. I don't think any of the sons even want to leave Mom and the penguins behind.

I don't think they are frightened of the world like the Duggars or the Maxwells. I truly believe that they don't care that the world exists.

You truly hit the nail on the head here, socalrules. The anticipation they once in a while expressed (considering preparing for a future wife) in years earlier has ceased. There is no desire for anything or anyone outside the fold.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Would someone please post the password for Dad's Diary? I really don't want to register and make Daddy Arndt think there is actually a larger market for his schtick.

Famteam University would be a nice idea if these "kids" were teens and tweens. In a large homeschooling family where the kids have different interests and are learning different subjects at different levels, this would give each kid a chance to show the others what he or she is learning. It would be even better if at least one other family participated. But these are the Arndts, so that ain't happening.

Every time I hear about this family, and even more so if I watch their videos, I wonder if most or all of the Arndt siblings have some kind of a disability. Maybe those grown men talk and behave like eight-year-olds or ten-year-olds because that's what their IQ is?

Luke has been organizing a speech-communication class,

"Speech class"? This in a family in which most if the kids share a speech impediment?

Yeah, this was my first thought. They really need to bring in someone from outside the family for that.

I really hope the Arndts aren't dieting. Their blog posts about dining at such exotic eateries as Red Lobster are the most interesting thing about them.

What--no course on the care of ducks and penguins? Must be an oversight.

The "Speech" class given by Luke is an interesting acknowledgement of something many of us who bird watch this crew have noted. The older sons speak clearly enough, but the much more isolated middle and youngest Arndts seem to have developed their own speech patterns. Some are almost unintelligible.

Daddy dearest, this is a symptom of a much bigger issue and isn't something Luke - or the Holy Spirit for that matter - can solve.

So, me and my bottle of Charles Shaw have just sat down for a long spring break and I've always kind of hard about the Ardnt's a little on FJ but never jumped down the rabbit hole. And now I'm in the archived topics thread about them and on their Youtube channel (but I don't really want to watch 20 minutes of a kid getting braces, having finished that journey myself years ago, so I'm going to try another video.)

Is this just....a huge family of largely men that live at home and....? And what?

Is it the 3 buck chuck or am I having the proper amount of trouble wrapping my head around them?

It just Arnd't right. :lol:

Safe at Home, really? (Youtube channel seems mostly like father talking to himself???)

What--no course on the care of ducks and penguins? Must be an oversight.

That's on the docket for next semester.

So, me and my bottle of Charles Shaw have just sat down for a long spring break and I've always kind of hard about the Ardnt's a little on FJ but never jumped down the rabbit hole. And now I'm in the archived topics thread about them and on their Youtube channel (but I don't really want to watch 20 minutes of a kid getting braces, having finished that journey myself years ago, so I'm going to try another video.)

Is this just....a huge family of largely men that live at home and....? And what?

Is it the 3 buck chuck or am I having the proper amount of trouble wrapping my head around them?

It just Arnd't right. :lol:

Safe at Home, really? (Youtube channel seems mostly like father talking to himself???)

The more 3 buck chuck you consume, the more sense it makes. :lol:

I know a family with three brothers, all (in retrospect) somewhere on what we now call the autism spectrum.

None married, incredibly smart, always enjoyed (I assume) social events, they just were totally not adept at socializing and each pursued a hobby obsessively. The oldest (and least socially adept) managed to get through a doctoral program in a highly technical field. The other two manage employment. I discussed this with a co-worker with an autistic son and she agreed that an ad hoc autism spectrum diagnosis didn't seem out of line. And it wouldn't surprise me if the dad is somewhere on the spectrum as well. They all live very near each other.

I guess what I'm sayin' is that perhaps the Arnt "kids" could have some similar issue and staying at home just suits them better than attempting to go out in the world where they are not as comfortable. The not leaving home is especially weird because there are eleventy of them. I haven't really investigated the Arndts or watched them on YouTube, but does this seem to fit?

Archived