IGNORED

Rep. Harris & wife rehome adopted children Now with Exorcism

ThisOlGirl

The Harrises are the ones who described these kids as sadistic and animal torturers. The other foster homes they've been in have small dogs and have none of that sort of acting out (the home they're in now have animals and they have reported the girls interact well with pets.) They have been therapeutic homes, so they didn't lock the older girl in her room with no toys and watch her with a video camera while letting the younger one have normal interactions like the Harrises. The news story I read quoted the baby sitter and said that the Harris' believed the girls could telepathically communicate with each other, and if one was locked in her room, then I guess they couldn't do that anymore.

The adoption was nothing but a way to get voters for his election campaign. People who work with preschool aged children should be able to spot RAD and know how to deal with problems, or at least understand that they were NOT the family that should be adopting the girls. As soon as they realized the extent of the problems (which they were warned about by many people), they shoved them onto someone else who happened to be the worst person in the world.

This guy needs to be kicked out of office, and have his business audited.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy needs to be kicked out of office, and have his business audited.

If these stories are half true, this is going to be worse than an audit. This isn't over.

What a walking sack of shit. Harris should be crouched in a dark room in his house, weeping for what he's done, not striding about proudly "legislating."

It appears this is a way for him to get babies to adopt.

These people are worthless. I'm glad the Arkansas media has been staying on top of all this.

Btw...the Arkansas Times is doing a crowdfunding so they can continue to go in depth reporting on this story. I have to say I've been as impressed with the reporting as I've been appalled by Justin Harris and his wife, and to be honest I want to see him go down hard. The AT is super close to reaching their goal of $10K...they need about another $400 to reach it. I threw in a few bucks today to help get them over the hump - if you have a few extra $ to spare it would be awesome if FJ could help them reach the $10K goal so they can continue to report on these child abusers.

https://www.ioby.org/project/beyond-rehoming-investigating-arkansass-child-welfare-system

I know I shouldn't snark on looks, but Justin Harris looks like a total derp.

I disagree based on the hand-slappy tone she's exhibited throughout the thread, even toward people who clearly agree that none of what the Harrises have done is OK, but I agree that RAD is a thing and that Nancy Thomas is a dangerous quack.

As I said, some of my kids have RAD. I know what it is. I just disagree that someone abbreviating the name of the disorder means they're promoting holding therapy and child abuse. There are people who advocate weird and even dangerous treatments for the flu. That doesn't mean that everyone who calls it "flu" instead of seasonal influenza H1N1 needs to be slapped down during what is otherwise a rational discussion of issues.

This is a situation where I think it is very important to be precise and not shorten RAD to attachment disorder. RAD is a well established disorder with diagnostic criteria; "attachment disorder" is an ill-defined term primarily used by so-called "attachment therapists" (usually Nancy Thomas types). It's important not to further legitimize "attachment disorder" by conflating it with RAD. The flu comparison doesn't hold up because - as far as I know - there is no dispute about whether the two terms mean the same thing. Crackpots and scientists alike can agree on what is is - the signs and symptoms that define it. It's not so with RAD and "attachment disorder."

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks to the situation with the Harrises, Arkansas has become the third state (after Wisconsin and Louisiana) in the country to ban rehoming. Now if only the rest of the country will follow suit.

http://news.yahoo.com/arkansas-governor ... 18003.html

Well, that's one not-terrible thing that's happened as a result of Rep. Asshole Harris.

It's a goddamned tragedy that a girl had to be sexually assaulted before this even happened. I'm glad, but the cost of getting to this law was too high.

It's a goddamned tragedy that a girl had to be sexually assaulted before this even happened. I'm glad, but the cost of getting to this law was too high.

I agree, while also being thankful, because the cost could've been much higher.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone seen this?

Seems Rep. Harris and another Arkansas Rep. will be awarded the "Power of Courage" award from The Family Council Action Committee tonight. Headlining the event will be Senator Ted Cruz (gag). They are receiving the award for having "demonstrated courage by standing strong in faith when situations were tough at the State Capitol and they did so with grace."

Because "re-homing" your adopted daughter's to a child molester because you believe them to possessed by demons is so star-spangled-courageous.

Not sure what disgusts me more. . .that this poor excuse for a father/leader/human being is being honored or the lack of outrage.

(Not breaking the links)

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/ar ... vent-today

http://jezebel.com/ted-cruz-event-gives ... 1723652286

Archived