IGNORED

Two sets of identical twins - Gardner quads

cooper_1104

Those babies are sweet. I wish them a long and healthy life.

I had the honor to meet identical triplets, conceived without IVF. They were wonderful young women.

There is something that really irks me about them. From seemingly trying to get a show before she was pregnant, to everything from her injections to finding out she was pregnant being a photoshoot (rumor has it TLC was already involved at that point), and then the poor kids sounding like they are characters in a Twilight fanfic... Maybe it is that the woman reminds me so much of Amy from Amy's Baking Company on Kitchen Nightmares. She has the same dead behind the eyes Michelle Duggar thing happening.

TLC needs to open its own hospital to make the exploitation process that much easier.

There is something that really irks me about them. From seemingly trying to get a show before she was pregnant, to everything from her injections to finding out she was pregnant being a photoshoot (rumor has it TLC was already involved at that point), and then the poor kids sounding like they are characters in a Twilight fanfic... Maybe it is that the woman reminds me so much of Amy from Amy's Baking Company on Kitchen Nightmares. She has the same dead behind the eyes Michelle Duggar thing happening.

TLC needs to open its own hospital to make the exploitation process that much easier.

I agree. I've read a few other articles on them since people keep posting it on Facebook, and I can't help getting a sinking feeling that they are another couple who were hoping to get a TV show somehow. There are a lot of them out there.

I think I said it before, but I had to have IVF to have my girls. They can tell you that early if an egg is starting to split. A couple that were good for my last transfer were starting to split, so we didn't use them together! We used 1 of the splitting eggs, which resulted in twins (I'm mom to more than 2 girls, but nobody likes to hear about that).

So her doctor intentionally used splitting embryos, and definitely shouldn't sound surprised this happened.

I agree. I've read a few other articles on them since people keep posting it on Facebook, and I can't help getting a sinking feeling that they are another couple who were hoping to get a TV show somehow. There are a lot of them out there.

I think I said it before, but I had to have IVF to have my girls. They can tell you that early if an egg is starting to split. A couple that were good for my last transfer were starting to split, so we didn't use them together! We used 1 of the splitting eggs, which resulted in twins (I'm mom to more than 2 girls, but nobody likes to hear about that).

So her doctor intentionally used splitting embryos, and definitely shouldn't sound surprised this happened.

I was reminded of Kate Gosselin, but she does seem to have pretty vacant eyes. Their facebook page definitely reeks of wanting attention. There's a line between sharing updates about the babies and promising a video tour of the nurseries.

Thanks for sharing,DGayle, I know little about IVF and appreciate the insight.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew there was something about them. It looks as though they filed for bankruptcy and then used a crowdfunding site for their IVF treatments. I wonder just how long TLC was involved with this now ... or if the people who donated knew they were giving money to soon to be reality stars?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe what the doc meant was that all of them implant right? Anyway over here you arent allowed to have more than 2 cygotes implanted at once.

• 11 months later...

I know this is an ancient thread, but I've just discovered these kids. They're a year now. They wear a headband seemingly daily, or at least a bow. They seem like sweet kids, but meh about the parents. Just found a blog post where the mom spelled "ridiculous" as "rediculas". Good Lord. (also "their" instead of "there" etc).

They don't seem to have a series, I don't think. The mom does have a vlog which is the closest thing I guess.

American Fork, Utah!  Mormon much? They are both from large families and likely there will be a lot of family support, church support and community support.  They'll need it.  

At some point (four or five years?) they may likely try for more. 

I like how this was brought back up. I have a FB friend or two that likes their posts, so it shows up in my feed. I don't care for them. They seem like they are attention seekers. 

"Pregnant with two sets of twins! It's a miracle. "  No.  It's IVF. Pregnant with naturally occurring quads? That's out of the ordinary. 

8 hours ago, Howl said:

American Fork, Utah!  Mormon much? They are both from large families and likely there will be a lot of family support, church support and community support.  They'll need it.  

At some point (four or five years?) they may likely try for more. 

DEFINITELY!! I don't think they're very fundie, if at all. I saw in some comment how the mom worried about public schools being really crowded, or something, and something about the post made me think she's gonna homeschool. They mention God a fairish amount, although not as much as normal fundies. They also seem to post all. the. time. If you're doing sometimes multiple posts a day, how can you keep up with four one-year-olds???

I visited both their FB pages. They posted some stupid stuff about Obama and are Mormon. Make use of that however you will. 

Can we stop making TV shows out of children's lives? No one's childhood should be broadcasted for the world to see.

They actually were featured on a short series that chronicled several first time parents' first year with a new baby. "Rattled," I believe, was the name of the show and I think it was on TLC. One of the dads on there was a major CHILD himself, Marsadie's boyfriend. I could not stand him. The couple above in the People article definitely seemed like they were seeking attention. They had boxes and boxes full of gifts from "fans." 

So, at the time of the article Ashley was 27 and had been married for 10 years. When she got pregnant with the quads about a year earlier they had already been trying to conceive for 8 years.

Marrying at 17 yo and then trying to get pregnant at 19yo apparently.
I always find it baffling when people have these kinds of "goals" that early in life.

Anyone know why the quads are frequently referred to as "durls"? It makes no sense. Darling girls? Or what??

On 3/28/2016 at 10:13 AM, Snarkylark said:

They actually were featured on a short series that chronicled several first time parents' first year with a new baby. "Rattled," I believe, was the name of the show and I think it was on TLC. One of the dads on there was a major CHILD himself, Marsadie's boyfriend. I could not stand him. The couple above in the People article definitely seemed like they were seeking attention. They had boxes and boxes full of gifts from "fans." 

That's how I even heard of the Gardner Quad Squad! I saw a few short clips of Rattled and holy hell, Marsadie's boyfriend was a whiner. My jaw dropped at how he acted when she was giving birth. Hopefully it was a ploy for the cameras.

On 3/26/2016 at 3:55 AM, Khan said:

"Pregnant with two sets of twins! It's a miracle. "  No.  It's IVF. Pregnant with naturally occurring quads? That's out of the ordinary. 

I went to high school with a set of quads.  Identical boys + identical girls.  Conceived out of wedlock even, and definitely not the product of fertility drugs.  Born in July 1981.  They were kind of a local oddity growing up, with the occasional news feature, but now they're all grown up, and TLC never came a-knocking. 

Archived