IGNORED

Latest Maxwell Post - Sarah's/Stevehovah's FU to critics?

PrairieGirl

He said before that if he and Teri died while Anna was still unmarried she could support herself by working as a nutritionist because she's in charge of making their morning smoothies. He has a funny idea of what kind of education and certification certain jobs actually require. For someone so obsessed with making his family work around the clock, he hasn't done all that much to prepare his daughters to make their own way, even though he claims he has.

Edited to add this link to where they talk about their daughters' abilities to earn a living: Sarah has the Moodys, Anna is an expert in exercise and nutrition, and Mary can draw. With these skills, Teri and Steve are confident all three could be self-supporting, no problem. articles.titus2.com/2014/01/

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That "worldly" bit also struck me as weird. And your phrase "lady discount" made me laugh out loud. (Sad, though, that you're probably right - a woman paying the same fee would get lesser quality and/or access to service than a man when dealing with the Maxwells.)

I feel like if you think about this Maxwell answer for even a few seconds it kind of falls apart.

First of all, there aren't any classes with female teachers. This is Nathan, Christopher, and Joseph's thing. So the first part is moot. In the second part, he admits that the alternate mentor (that is, Anna) doesn't have the same knowledge of the subject as the regular teachers do, so what good is she?

Also you can't possibly tell me that Steve is cool with Anna talking on the phone to guys she doesn't know, even if they're her brothers' customers/students. I don't believe it.

This is also says that the phone calls are basically worthless if all they're designed to do is "check progress and encourage the student."

Mentor: Hi, how are you doing with the course?

Student: Well, I'm having a little trouble understanding how this flibbet here gets you to this woomble there. It's a little technical and I'm not sure I get it. Can you help me?

Mentor: Pray harder! You can do it!

Seems like a big waste of time and money if the mentor is nothing but a godly cheerleader. If you can't get technical help, what the fuck is the point?

He said before that if he and Teri died while Anna was still unmarried she could support herself by working as a nutritionist because she's in charge of making their morning smoothies. He has a funny idea of what kind of education and certification certain jobs actually require. For someone so obsessed with making his family work around the clock, he hasn't done all that much to prepare his daughters to make their own way, even though he claims he has.

Edited to add this link to where they talk about their daughters' abilities to earn a living: Sarah has the Moodys, Anna is an expert in exercise and nutrition, and Mary can draw. With these skills, Teri and Steve are confident all three could be self-supporting, no problem. articles.titus2.com/2014/01/

I think Steve is just blowing smoke. He grew up unsheltered and lived and worked in the real world before completely freaking out. He is a terrifying cult leader, but he is no dummy. He has got to know that his three daughters will never survive in the real world once he and Terri kick the bucket, and those "careers" are bullshit.

I believe that he has other provisions laid out for them. As to what they are, who knows. Some sort of trust fund, maybe? A great life insurance policy? They will certainly be able to live in the house, right? Steve and Terri own that debt-free, I am sure. And they have five brothers nearby to keep an eye on them.

It sounds like I am describing a family that is going out of town for the weekend and needs a neighborhood kid to run by the house to make sure the family's pet hamster is fed and cared for. :cry:

Yes, that's my favorite: Mary can make greeting cards to support herself once Steve and Teri pass away! No need to worry folks. :roll:

I feel like if you think about this Maxwell answer for even a few seconds it kind of falls apart.

First of all, there aren't any classes with female teachers. This is Nathan, Christopher, and Joseph's thing. So the first part is moot. In the second part, he admits that the alternate mentor (that is, Anna) doesn't have the same knowledge of the subject as the regular teachers do, so what good is she?

Also you can't possibly tell me that Steve is cool with Anna talking on the phone to guys she doesn't know, even if they're her brothers' customers/students. I don't believe it.

Re: the red -- that's true enough of every Maxwell answer that I think we can embroider it on a sampler and hang it on the wall.

I'm sure the differing roles for male and female mentors make perfect sense to the Maxwells. Men give you actual technical help, women coo "aw, baby -- don't be scared of the icky tech stuff! Keep praying for guidance!"

'Cause, y'know, comforting is all that vagina-people are good for -- well, except for packing and cleaning and cooking and shlepping heavy objects and painting while the men build stuff, etc. The Maxwells definitely subscribe to the "our women are dainty and sheltered, until we need grunt work done" school of thought.

I think Steve is just blowing smoke. He grew up unsheltered and lived and worked in the real world before completely freaking out. He is a terrifying cult leader, but he is no dummy. He has got to know that his three daughters will never survive in the real world once he and Terri kick the bucket, and those "careers" are bullshit.

This. Frankly I think it's more important to him to keep his daughters close and under his thumb even if it means the so-called skills will do nothing for them in the real world. He's probably figuring that he's going to be around for a good long time, he's in decent shape for a man of his age, I don't think he's too worried about meeting his Maker anytime soon. Plus the girls will just be under their brothers' headship if they remain unmarried when he dies and I suspect he's made pretty darn sure those boys will carry on whatever his legacy of control and fear. So they will never get out of the world that is Maxhell, even after Steve is no longer around.

For someone who preaches "where will you go when you die", he's made sure his control will remain alive beyond the grave in this world.

Archived