IGNORED

Latest Maxwell Post - Sarah's/Stevehovah's FU to critics?

PrairieGirl

In the latest post, I am sure it was laid on Sarah's heart to post about the word "yet". She drones on about the book of Habablahahak in the Bible and something about how the word "yet" has significance.

As in she has "yet" to meet a man and being courting?

She has "yet" to leave her parents' home and live in one of her own?

She has yet to write a coherent sentence?

She has yet to have her own childrens' lives to ruin?

Something to consider.

blog.titus2.com/2015/03/02/the-word-yet/

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the latest post, I am sure it was laid on Sarah's heart to post about the word "yet". She drones on about the book of Habablahahak in the Bible and something about how the word "yet" has significance.

As in she has "yet" to meet a man and being courting?

She has "yet" to leave her parents' home and live in one of her own?

She has yet to write a coherent sentence?

She has yet to have her own childrens' lives to ruin?

Something to consider.

blog.titus2.com/2015/03/02/the-word-yet/

I read it as Steve tore her a new one over the project and reminded her that this is why she's not mature enough to court, go out alone, live anywhere but under his umbrella.......

Weird. I've tried three different browsers on my computer, my iPhone and my iPad and I'm still seeing the baptism post.

I read it as Steve tore her a new one over the project and reminded her that this is why she's not mature enough to court, go out alone, live anywhere but under his umbrella.......

That's probably what happened. She just seemed so clingy to that "yet" word. It's probably the word that runs through her mind when she hugs her teddy bear while crying at night in the room she shares with her adult sisters.

I think it is sad that Sarah thinks she would be hell bound for going to college, moving out on her own,or meeting a young man in a coffee shop for a casual date....

Finally got it to come up. Yeah, whatever Sarah.

But seriously…

No matter what Habakkuk was to face, he knew Who was his strength and in Whom he would joy!

Say what? Is this more bible speak? She used it this way twice.

Yeah, this is Sarah trying to tell herself everything is okay and even if she doesn't have what she's been told is her destiny, she's still happy. The woman is in serious denial.

Yeah, this is Sarah trying to tell herself everything is okay and even if she doesn't have what she's been told is her destiny, she's still happy. The woman is in serious denial.

How old is Sarah?

This reminds me of something from the Duggars a few years ago (my one viewing of a part of the show, and before anyone was courting). The sisters were gathered around talking, and one sister was reminding herself, and being reminded by her sisters, to be content with her situation.

I'm guessing the boys don't sit around and remind themselves to be content with their situation.

In these SAHD situations, there have to be mind tricks to keep yourself from thinking about what is really going on - so you remind yourself to be content.

I've been stuck at home for years with no prospects on the horizon, YET I am content. Now repeat that eleventy billion times.

She was probably afraid she'd have to redust the cealing fans......

YET again..... :lol:

Sarah seems to have such a sad life. But she seems to swallow down her sadness and use it as a basis of preaching to others. :?

Weird. I've tried three different browsers on my computer, my iPhone and my iPad and I'm still seeing the baptism post.

Clear your cache.

I stressed quite a bit over the weekend about a work project I completed Thursday and was to hear responses about today, Monday. Three days to worry and wonder and fear and doubt...while also feeling it was fine, good, well done. The back and forth in my brain is something I think most everyone can easily relate to when waiting to hear feedback/results of something you've put your efforts into.

It's all fine and I have felt serious relief all day that it's over and I accomplished what needed to be done.

Never in all of that did I feel bad about myself or my worth. My stress was over the project and whether or not the work I did was the right thing. I didn't need to fall into some biblespeak to make myself accept or understand that I am not perfect. And, even if it did turn out that I needed to redo something, I would feel disappointed and probably frustrated, but again, I wouldn't need to bury myself in the words of any bible or god in order to live with it. Big girl panites up and all that.

I fear for her. I really do. I don't think she will cope when her parents are gone and let's face it, baring illness or accident for her, they will die before she does.

How the hell will she feel any worth then?

Sarah and I were born in the same year. I have a husband, a PhD, and some furbabies (it's cats not kids at this house :animals-cat:). I cannot imagine still living at home, sleeping in a bedroom shared with siblings. I'm quite dull (usually in bed before 10) but my life is very punk rock compared to hers.

I have nothing but sympathy for Sarah. It was never her choice to live this way. She is quite literally a victim of a cult. Unlike many cult victims, Sarah didn't choose to join the cult - she just had the terrible misfortune to be born into a cult leader's family.

It is possible that on some level she realizes something is wrong and wishes her life was different - but what choice does she have? How, realistically, could she ever escape when the cult leader has engineered things to make her completely dependent on him?

It is horrible.

Clear your cache.

This has been happening a bit with the Maxwell posts. I think it may be a flaw in the website. :lol:

The Maxwells could really stand to clear their cache in real life...

Glad you are back! The Maxwell threads need you!

I don't think Sarah is FU'ing anyone. I don't even think she knows any details on Daddy's critics, just that Satan sometimes sends crazy southern women to molest Uriah and disrupt the holiness of their assembly. That post seemed kind of wistful to me, but not pointed in any way. Poor Sarah.

I think it is sad that Sarah thinks she would be hell bound for going to college, moving out on her own,or meeting a young man in a coffee shop for a casual date....

Agree!

I have nothing but sympathy for Sarah. It was never her choice to live this way. She is quite literally a victim of a cult. Unlike many cult victims, Sarah didn't choose to join the cult - she just had the terrible misfortune to be born into a cult leader's family.

It is possible that on some level she realizes something is wrong and wishes her life was different - but what choice does she have? How, realistically, could she ever escape when the cult leader has engineered things to make her completely dependent on him?

It is horrible.

It is indeed horrible. I have complete sympathy for Sarah and all of the Maxwell kids, yes, even including the smug Christopher and Joseph. All of them did not ask to be born into such a clusterfuck and they cannot help that their dad went off the deep end and their mom was battling depression. They cannot help that their dad has set things up so they are all dependent on him in some shape or form. I found the word "engineering" to be quite apt, Steveovah went from engineering things in his career to engineering his family.

Given the similarities in my own FOO to the Maxwells, I can guarantee that Sarah does not realize that she's in a Cult of the Maxwell Family however I do think she knows on some level that something is not quite right here. She's 33 and according to her family's teachings she should be married with kids by now. As far as we know, she's not had a courtship. If there have been men interested in her, and I believe there have, the one clue she might have that Something is Rotten in Leavenworth KS is that she was aware of their interest and yet none of them have been successful and the reason for that? Daddy. That maybe, just maybe she's put it together that Daddy is putting up an impossible Hedge of Thorns for any suitors and no one has managed to cut through. And surely, at 33 she must know that her prospects for an approved fundie husband are very poor indeed. She's probably watched a number of suitors get married to others and start families when she stays in the Maxhell compound, doing the same old thing day after day, go work the same old conferences, take the same old vacation to Colorado.

The shame of it is that at 33, she's not washed up at all. But that's in the real world, the world she's been raised to think as evil and ungodly, that she needs Daddy's protection from.

Glad you are back! The Maxwell threads need you!

I don't think Sarah is FU'ing anyone. I don't even think she knows any details on Daddy's critics, just that Satan sometimes sends crazy southern women to molest Uriah and disrupt the holiness of their assembly. That post seemed kind of wistful to me, but not pointed in any way. Poor Sarah.

I am positive that sheltered Sarah knows nothing of Stevehovah's critics. But if Stevie wants a way to say FU to his critics, Stevie manipulates a way.

Even if the Maxwell children––the women at least––stepped away from the Cult of Steve-o, I think they'd be back very quickly. Much like criminals who've spent the better part of their lies in prison, it's familiar, it's comfortable, and no matter how rigid and confining it may be, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Steve's done his job well. :(

Archived