IGNORED

So, if you were invited to a Duggar wedding

MoonFace

Did Josh and Anna run down the aisle after they were married? I don't seem to remember so (or if they did, it wasn't televised).

Did any of the Bates kids run down the aisle after they were married? I'm just trying to figure out if this is an ATI thing (or Pinterest for that matter).

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been to a lot of weddings but all of the ones I have been to the couple didn't run back down the aisle but they did run to the waiting car while the guests threw rice or birdseed at them. The only reception lines have been at the start of the reception, not at the wedding. I'm in the NW US.

The only reception lines have been at the start of the reception, not at the wedding. I'm in the NW US.

Interesting I have only seen them right after the ceremony, but I looked it up and thye can be done at either place! "Generally the receiving line is formed immediately following the ceremony or at the beginning of the reception. " from The Knot

I don't recall the running at Smuggar & Anna's wedding either. Maybe it's some sort of trendy thing to do?

Interesting I have only seen them right after the ceremony, but I looked it up and thye can be done at either place! "Generally the receiving line is formed immediately following the ceremony or at the beginning of the reception. " from The Knot

I don't recall the running at Smuggar & Anna's wedding either. Maybe it's some sort of trendy thing to do?

I have been to 6 weddings in the last 3 years, no running involved. Weddings were scattered all around the US.

I haven't been to a lot of weddings but all of the ones I have been to the couple didn't run back down the aisle but they did run to the waiting car while the guests threw rice or birdseed at them. The only reception lines have been at the start of the reception, not at the wedding. I'm in the NW US.

I've never experienced that type of behavior at a wedding, either. I live at the other end of the US, so what you described is probably considered standard wedding behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

If I was invited to a Duggar wedding, I'd get them an electric fence for inside the house to keep the boys (and Uncle Josh) away from the girls.

Did Josh and Anna run down the aisle after they were married? I don't seem to remember so (or if they did, it wasn't televised).

Did any of the Bates kids run down the aisle after they were married? I'm just trying to figure out if this is an ATI thing (or Pinterest for that matter).

https://youtu.be/Z5NdssyIVA0

Its not an ATI thing. Its just a trend.

here is a fun video: https://youtu.be/Z5NdssyIVA0

I've never experienced that type of behavior at a wedding, either. I live at the other end of the US, so what you described is probably considered standard wedding behavior.

My reception line was at the church-just outside the front doors. There was no running, but it wasn't a thing then. Also, there is sometimes a rule against running out of the church. Or running in church in general.

When I was 5 or 6 I ran in church and sprained my ankle really bad tearing ligaments. I knew it was a punishment from God because I sinned and ran in church. :naughty:

It's really funny how many people bitch about how the Duggar's turn up their noses or look anxious whenever they are exposed to anything they aren't used to. How travel is wasted in them. How the kids are so over- sheltered they can't function and so on......But when the topic of wedding customs comes up -- there are always a multitude of posters who can't seem to grasp that other people do things differently, and it's okay!

the Duggar's insistance on eating cereal for breakfast on their trip to China (?) , is no different than complaining about a cake and punch reception in a place where that is the norm. Well, I guess there is one difference -- it was mostly the small children who were insisting on their " normal" food.

Archived