IGNORED

How would you react if you were seated by this guy?

DGayle

I was on the thread about the little Mally girl. The thought of the long flight next to her terrified me. Thank you all for all the great suggestions on how to endure a flight with her.

I'm going against the tide here, although based on assumptions. First assumption is that this minister is Church of England. Second assumption is that Church of England is liberal. I received that impression from some youtubes by a comedian, Eddie Izzard.

So saying all that, I think I might actually enjoy a good conversation with him and perhaps a good spirited argument. I could be totally wrong though. However, sitting next to Eddie Izzard would be much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Only time I ever talk to people on a bus is if I'm lost. And I never wonder how they know I'm a tourist. I just assume it's obvious.

Fellow Jew here! I'd start just rapid-fire chanting the blessing of the Torah. It can sound eerie if done right (trust me, I would try to make it sound "freaky" when I had to practice for my Bat Mitzvah...I had to entertain myself somehow!). Or just put on the most nasal, Mel Brooks, Mike Myers doing the Coffee Talk sketch, obnoxious accent and throw Yiddish expressions into every sentence I say to him.

Oh, be careful with that. Some of the more "educated" pastors and ministers (you know, the ones that got their exclusive online Master of Divinity from Made-Up Christian University) will flex the toddler-level Hebrew they know, and quiz the snot out of you regarding OT culture and customs. It's the cool thing to do. Learn Greek, grow a soul patch, and prove you're worldly, while preaching in the most homogenous of churches...

Archived