JMO

Sorry but that is just bullcrap to me.

First of all, the Duggars home church. They have shown their "church" meeting in some warehouse or something. So how did the Seewalds "just happen" to show up Jim Bob's home church???? How did the Seewald's even know the address?

Second, a kid Ben's age sits around discussing theology with Jim Bob. Oh okay, sure. Let's marginally buy this picture.

Then Jim Bob says Jessa is STUDYING this very thing. Oh what bullshit. This probably means nothing more than Jim Bob was speaking about it at their evening family devotion and Jessa was there.

Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, about Jessa smacks of her studying anything more than a fashion spread. Doubt that woman even reads a cookbook once a week.

Oh JB found himself another malleable young man willing to join the Duggar family. I just wish these people would be honest and have the new husbands take the Duggar name instead of pretending the daughters grew up and left their family to make a new one.

First of all, the Duggars home church. They have shown their "church" meeting in some warehouse or something. So how did the Seewalds "just happen" to show up Jim Bob's home church???? How did the Seewald's even know the address?

Second, a kid Ben's age sits around discussing theology with Jim Bob. Oh okay, sure. Let's marginally buy this picture.

Then Jim Bob says Jessa is STUDYING this very thing. Oh what bullshit. This probably means nothing more than Jim Bob was speaking about it at their evening family devotion and Jessa was there.

Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, about Jessa smacks of her studying anything more than a fashion spread. Doubt that woman even reads a cookbook once a week.

Oh JB found himself another malleable young man willing to join the Duggar family. I just wish these people would be honest and have the new husbands take the Duggar name instead of pretending the daughters grew up and left their family to make a new one.

Yes!!!! :lol:

I do believe that the Duggars probably visit other churches pretty often (we all know Jim Bob takes networking very seriously...). But this whole idea of Jim Bob discussing scripture with a, what, 17 or 18 year old Ben?

And not only that...but apparently being so impressed that he thought he should match this idiot up with his daughter?...LOL. Not buying it. They are just utterly terrified to admit that they met when each thought the other was good looking. I won't believe any other story, personally.

It's always got to be this ridiculous story of Jesus playing matchmaker with the scripture every time. They make it sound like the first thing they do with every casual stranger they meet is sit down for an in-depth discussion of theology.

So, did they check the website for the Duggars' house church to find out when the service was? ;) They were obviously invited, either by the Duggars or another family that is part of their church.

The guys sitting around discussing the Bible is kinda funny too. I don't know if it's just how it comes off for the camera or what, but whenever they show the Duggars having a family Bible study, JB sounds clueless.

I think Mrs Seewald and her daughters watched the Duggars' show and planted the notion in Ben's mind. I think the Seewalds pursued the Duggars. I think the Seewalds lust for the fame and $$$$ that JB has secured.

I also think that JB was/is just a tad bit afraid of the lose cannon, Jessablessa. Although Ben seems easily controlled and that probably played into his favor...plus the fact that JB WAS BEN 30 years ago!

Agree about Jessa.

Did you hear about the time Mrs Seewald was in labour with Ben and Michelle popped into the birthing room - that is how I understood they met for the first time :D

On one of the Netflix episodes they cover this whole how they met. And boy is it over-staged and awkward and done months after the actual meeting. The church they show them attending could barely hold all the Duggars, lol. You just know they had to think of a good Christian way to introduce Bin to us. :lol:

One thing it made clear (on accident of course) was that Bin was into Jessa and that was the whole reason for their visit. Who drives two hours just to visit a new church?

After seeing that and it's unique pacing and bs overdubbing it made it abundantly clear it was all made up for us to go awwwh sweet fundie love at first church stalking. Though it seems to me JB was probably contacted by Bin or his parents and they met at a church or their home and then did a fellowship and put these two brainiacs together. Just not the church scene that is shown in the episode.

Did you hear about the time Mrs Seewald was in labour with Ben and Michelle popped into the birthing room - that is how I understood they met for the first time :D

And made the comment that "some day one of my precious little ones will marry your Ben"? :lol:

I remember reading in some article or maybe an interview that Jessa said that her and Ben have been friends since they were little. This shocked me because I had never heard this.

I can't remember the source but I swear it must have been People or something around December

How many version of their meeting are we going to get? First, it was Ben had his father contact Jim Bob for permission to attend their church, and Ben got an introduction that way. Then it was, "Oh, we've known each other since we were children;" and now this? Come on, Duggars. You've been at this game long enough to know that you're supposed to pick make up a story early and stick with it.

I remember reading in some article or maybe an interview that Jessa said that her and Ben have been friends since they were little. This shocked me because I had never heard this.

I can't remember the source but I swear it must have been People or something around December

It cracks me to defend the duggars, butwhat was actually said is that they MET as kids, not that they were friends, and as it was said, i thought it meant a brief encounter

Since the Seewalds are Reformed baptists I wonder why they visited that church in the first place. I assume because they wanted to meet other large, homeschooling families. And the Duggars.

Since the Seewalds are Reformed baptists I wonder why they visited that church in the first place. I assume because they wanted to meet other large, homeschooling families. And the Duggars.

Let's stop fooling ourselves. They were leghumpers. They wanted to meet the duggars and by the same price they got jessa.

I think it was because when the Duggars lived in Little Rock (when JB was playing politician) they may have met then?

I think Mrs Seewald and her daughters watched the Duggars' show and planted the notion in Ben's mind. I think the Seewalds pursued the Duggars. I think the Seewalds lust for the fame and $$$$ that JB has secured.

I also think that JB was/is just a tad bit afraid of the lose cannon, Jessablessa. Although Ben seems easily controlled and that probably played into his favor...plus the fact that JB WAS BEN 30 years ago!

I'm not sure I agree. Yes, both lusted, but I see JB as having some drive and entrepreneurial skills, which Ben seems to lack.

I'm not sure I agree. Yes, both lusted, but I see JB as having some drive and entrepreneurial skills, which Ben seems to lack.

I have no knowledge of JB's skills some 30 years ago. What makes you think he was entrepreneurial at age 19? Yes, he had jobs, but 1984 was a MUCH different economic climate vs 2015.

I have no knowledge of JB's skills some 30 years ago. What makes you think he was entrepreneurial at age 19? Yes, he had jobs, but 1984 was a MUCH different economic climate vs 2015.

Back then, opportunities were thrown at you, as my grandpa says. I remember him complaining about how no one really has to work for anything anymore when opportunities are tossed at you left and right instead of looked for.

Buuuut we know Ben had a job and school and dropped that to go get a piece of Duggar-ass.

Archived