IGNORED

Duggar family members: alternate stories

isarhenne

Since they announced that Joseph will go to college, which was a complete surprise for a lot of people, I came to think that maybe some other family members have some surprises and unexpected decisions up their sleeves, as well.

My guess:

Josh will end up getting a law degree and be sucessful in politics. DC has tought him the real life!

Jill realizes after having baby 1 that because she raised her siblings and now one of her own, that she done with it and stops.

One of the siblings will come out as gay; JB und Michelle accept it and will not shun them.

What do you think?

How about Jinger goes to NYC Fashion Institute of Technology to study photography?

We can only hope

ETA: Jana goes to college to study education and becomes a teacher. Or goes to Hawaii for no reason at all.

Josh will end up getting a law degree and be sucessful in politics. DC has tought him the real life!

Jill realizes after having baby 1 that because she raised her siblings and now one of her own, that she done with it and stops.

One of the siblings will come out as gay; JB und Michelle accept it and will not shun them.

Josh may have learned the real world is bigger but his education to date has been so poor that he'd need to spend many years learning right what he was taught wrong. Unfortunately, I think the ship has sailed. If he had a proper education, then it wouldn't be too late. I just don't think he can do it when he'd probably not know a lot of basics.

Jill is the golden child for following the script.

JB&M would never! They believe gay people are dangerous perverts. They'd have to pull the 180 to beat all 180s.

Realistically I think all the kids will get careers, like Josh, at fundie-friendly organizations like Focus on the Family or HSLDA. Because why would they leave home, struggle through the few menial labor jobs they're qualified for and surround themselves with strange scary people who don't like them, when they could use their notoriety and get a well-paying position within the safe sphere of their insular fundie world? I think going off script would be too much of a sacrifice and too much work for most of these kids.

BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT, SO: imagine Jinger or Joy-Anna accompanying Joseph to Clown, getting a little booksmarts and becoming a teacher at a private Christian school. (Anne of Green Gables and Laura Ingalls Wilder and Christy did it so it can't be too sinful!!!)

Realistically I think all the kids will get careers, like Josh, at fundie-friendly organizations like Focus on the Family or HSLDA. Because why would they leave home, struggle through the few menial labor jobs they're qualified for and surround themselves with strange scary people who don't like them, when they could use their notoriety and get a well-paying position within the safe sphere of their insular fundie world? I think going off script would be too much of a sacrifice and too much work for most of these kids.

BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT, SO: imagine Jinger or Joy-Anna accompanying Joseph to Clown, getting a little booksmarts and becoming a teacher at a private Christian school. (Anne of Green Gables and Laura Ingalls Wilder and Christy did it so it can't be too sinful!!!)

See this ^ is what pisses me off about the Duggars- teaching at a Christian school should be viewed as a perfectly appropriate path for any Duggar offspring, but nope, the girls will never get that choice, unless they break away from their parents and family. What a crock O'crap.

Selling your life story to the media for TV consumption is A-ok, but attending college and working at an honest job is not.

WTH is wrong with these idiots?

the youngest kids will end up in public school because JB&M can't be bothered with homeschool anymore and the oldest girls will be long gone. they will excel at their mainstream studies and earn small scholarships that will lead to modest educations and legitimate careers. (by modest, I mean 2- or 4-year degrees in liberal arts or business mgt, not med school and such)

Jessa will quietly use birth control and not have any kids before age 30.

Jill realizes after 2 babies in 2 years that raising kids without a team is WORK, and has no more.

Josh gets a vasectomy, starts saving his pay before his current job disappears, gets an online degree and later a real job. he actually likes it.

Joy and Jinger run away to Seattle and get jobs in retail or hospitality. they have the time of their lives.

JD and Jana never get married, and are perfectly happy.

one of the middle boys finds a girlfriend at some convention, realizes she hates fundie life too, and they run away together. they live together, have one or two babies, and never get legally married.

Anna starts meeting mothers outside the fundie circle while living in DC, and realizes that she's doing a disservice by limiting Mackynzie to Stay At Home Daughter-Slave, Stay At Home Mother, or maybe a SAHM Who Blogs About Pinteresty Things. She enrolls Mack in a private, conservative-but-mainstream Christian school, and encourages her to study hard and get a BSN or a teaching degree. Baby steps.

Jinger finally runs away and uses her photography portfolio to enroll in an art school. Her senior thesis is a photo essay about fundamentalist Christianity. It involves homeless guys in tutus and decapitated Cabbage Patch Kids dolls covered in barbecue sauce. She graduates with honors.

Running out of ratings ideas, TLC decides to do a crossover with Dance Moms, and enrolls Josie in Abby Lee's studio. Wishing to one-up Sia, Taylor Swift hires Josie to perform avant-garde dances in her music videos and accompany her to red carpet appearances.

Joy starts making fitness videos on YouTube. She becomes incredibly popular and starts a fitness empire, including cute athletic wear for girls who aren't stick-thin and a recipe book which includes quinoa tater tot casserole.

Jessa decides to just go for it and run for public office. She wins because she intimidates her Instagram followers with pictures of Satan and stuff, and she's actually not too bad at balancing the budget and getting crucial votes for stuff (since she's so organized and cunning), but after her social policies go utterly off the deep end and never pass, she resigns...and runs for national office. She loses disastrously, writes a book about it, does a whole bunch of tours where she stands around and looks pretty, and makes speeches telling women that they are bad mothers/wives/people if they do anything other than bake shit and pump out kids, without a hint of self-awareness or irony. Ben will continue to do her bidding, because he would do anything short of joining Al-Qaeda to keep having sex with her. Eventually she tires of him and convinces him to join Al-Qaeda.

Josh and Anna only get 5 kids in total,

jill and dill get 3 kids and then cut it the kids will go to a christian but public kindergarten and school.

jessa and ben wait a couple of years until they get their first kids and wont get many

jinger is getting a professional photographer and staying single at least until after the show

jd and jana jd staying single.

Jill is definitely having a lot of kids. She has the patience and I'm betting Joyanna and Johanna will be lent to her to be her own Jslaves.

Jessa I can totally see either limiting her kids (hopefully) or worse pumping them out for the Lord but then being one of those always at the end of her string mamas that spank frequently, blanket train, and yell non-stop. She doesn't have the patience.

I'm still waiting for Jinger and Josiah to run off to a large city (one that doesn't just have a Walmart!) and attend school and get real jobs that they love.

And I definitely see josh and Anna putting the kids in a Christian private school in DC.

The rest of the kids depend on when and how the older ones get out. If just one broke away it would allow a glimmer of hope for the rest. If the older ones all got married off/out of the house and left Mechelle to do all the child rearing/schooling then I could see them being allowed a lot more freedom as JB and M wander into their 50's and then 60's.

Archived