IGNORED

Fundies and STDs

roddma

I know you should be concerned abut STDS if you are in a sexual relationship, but Fundies seems obsessed with it. Perhaps the biggest myth even in the secular world is certain types of people get STDs. Anyone can get STDs. It can also be spread in others ways outside sex like oral sex and skin contact with an infected person. STDs are treatable. Fundies just make such generalized and unsupported statements instead of educating their kids.Theres no gray area.

At the same time as presuming that every second person has an STD, they deny their children any real knowledge about them. Because STDs are God's judgement for the heathen,slutty ppl.

What would happen if a fundie husband cheated and then the wife got an STD?

She'd still get the blame for it, of course.

You beat me to it. It is always the women's fault. The husband not being able to keep it in his pants and putting on a condom, too. :roll:

I know you should be concerned abut STDS if you are in a sexual relationship, but Fundies seems obsessed with it. Perhaps the biggest myth even in the secular world is certain types of people get STDs. Anyone can get STDs. It can also be spread in others ways outside sex like oral sex and skin contact with an infected person. STDs are treatable. Fundies just make such generalized and unsupported statements instead of educating their kids.Theres no gray area.

I'm going to flat out say that I am somewhat paranoid about STIs. It is a fact that many people have STIs. It is a fact that many STIs fly under the radar, that someone may be infected and not even know it. It is a fact that people from all walks of life can have an STI. And it is a fact that even today, some STIs can kill you or cause lifelong damage (and I'm not only talking about HIV but things like chlamydia and gonorrhea, which can set up shop in your reproductive tract and destroy your fertility and HPV, which can cause cancer). It is a fact that condoms cannot protect against all STIs. And it is a fact that some STIs are manageable but still incurable.

I never let my paranoia keep me from enjoying my sexuality (and now that I'm married, I definitely don't), but I was also absolutely religious about using prophylactics (condoms AND dental dams). I will also emphasize the importance of religious prophylactic use with my kids, too, because I would prefer that they not end up with a life-altering disease or pass one to someone else.

What would happen if a fundie husband cheated and then the wife got an STD?

SSM's husband infected her. It was her fault for not being submissive enough. Once she turned into a submissive, fawning wife, he stopped his obsessive serial cheating and became a faithful husband.

SSM's husband infected her. It was her fault for not being submissive enough. Once she turned into a submissive, fawning wife, he stopped his obsessive serial cheating and became a faithful husband.

Who is SSM?

DGayle,

I think that SSM is Sunshine Mary aka Shitstain Mary.

Yep, sorry, I should have been more specific. SSM is Sunshine Mary. Her husband infected her after cheating with something like three dozen women (it's foggy now, but I remember it was a ridiculous number). She took the blame entirely for his cheating. :?

You can't be fucking serious. How is it the woman's fault that her husband gave her and std??? He decided to stick his dick without protection in another woman. So what if the woman cheats and gets an std is it the man's fault for not giving her enough sex.

The problematic thing is not them wanting to protect their kids which who wouldn't', but they think their strict courtship rituals protect them and will make them STD free along with this magical sex life..

I've heard many fundies staunchly refuse STD testing in pregnancy on the basis that they KNOW they are monogamous and therefore they don't require testing.

I've heard many fundies staunchly refuse STD testing in pregnancy on the basis that they KNOW they are monogamous and therefore they don't require testing.

Riiiiight...... monogamous.... of course. I wouldn't even mind if their wieners turned black and dried off, but there are innocent people involved, their wives who didn't beg on their knees for nasty/painful/in worst case scenario, incurable diseases.

As to putting the blame on women for men cheating: it happens in the secular world, too. My mother was blamed for my sperm donor being a cheater. He had been cheating since they first met. She wasn't obedient enough. She didn't clean enough. She spent too much on herself. She tried to fix it by having more and more kids to glue her marriage together and earn her husband's respect, she had gone totally raggaddy, and she became a full blown slave. The more of a worn-out housewife she became that others said would make the husband honor her, the more my sperm donor stayed out and despised her. The last thing a man wants is an obedient woman, let alone a house slave who doesn't talk back.

Since some STDs can also be transmitted in non-sexual ways, I have no doubt that some fundies unknowingly do have STDs even if you don't consider the ones who have cheated or may have secretly managed to have pre-marital sex without their parents knowing.

They also seem to be totally blind to the reality that not everyone who is non-fundie is some promiscuous hedonist.

I am living proof of the fact that you can DATE like a normal person, but not automatically have sex with everyone you date. I went on many dates when I was single but only slept with one man, my husband! I think the majority of fundies would think that never happens. To me, it is kind of funny how their ideas about courtship make them look like sex fiends who can't be trusted not to hump the first person they can get alone with.

Since some STDs can also be transmitted in non-sexual ways, I have no doubt that some fundies unknowingly do have STDs even if you don't consider the ones who have cheated or may have secretly managed to have pre-marital sex without their parents knowing.

They also seem to be totally blind to the reality that not everyone who is non-fundie is some promiscuous hedonist.

I am living proof of the fact that you can DATE like a normal person, but not automatically have sex with everyone you date. I went on many dates when I was single but only slept with one man, my husband! I think the majority of fundies would think that never happens. To me, it is kind of funny how their ideas about courtship make them look like sex fiends who can't be trusted not to hump the first person they can get alone with.

They seem blind to the fact that just because someone isn't dating means they won't get an STD because they aren't dating = then not a hedonist = not getting an STD. I personally knew people who were so not dating and yapped about purity, and "oh no, I could never do THAT before married" that ended up with an STD, one of them had a Stage III dysplasia from HPV when diagnosed. Fortunately her fundieish mother didn't put it all together (she was living at home with parents at the time) that it was caused by an STD, it was just some weird one off thing and she scrambled to not have her doctor discuss anything with the mom (this was pre HIPPA) while she had it treated.

You can't be fucking serious. How is it the woman's fault that her husband gave her and std??? He decided to stick his dick without protection in another woman. So what if the woman cheats and gets an std is it the man's fault for not giving her enough sex.

That's extremely fucked up. :twisted:

I forgot: my mother got cervical cancer from the HPV my sperm donor gave her.

That's terrible. I just always hope that there's a special place in hell for those mysogynistic assholes.

Mother Pretzel's friend caught chlamydia from her OB/GYN's tools. She never went to a female OBGYN afterwards and claimed male doctors cared more about cleanliness.

I wonder if polygamous people have an agreement/policy on this? If one of the wives caught, e.g. candida, and gave it to the husband who then spends the next nights with his other wive they're basically swapping STDs right? :? That's kind of a level of curiousness that I never thought I'd ever have.

Archived