IGNORED

The token Duggar Non-response

jinseng

Although the Duggars are criticised in the media, they seem to be so good at deflating and deflecting and ignoring criticism. This has meant that the truth about the Duggars being Gothardites etc, has never really hit mainstream media and then exploded into a 'Jon+Kate plus 8' sized scandal. I put this down to their political background. They just answer challenging questions in all the same ways, which is a skill I am sure they learnt from working in politics.

When asked about spanking they seem to skirt the issue or misunderstand supposedly. Michelle was asked about how she stopped kids from wanting things.Michele responded she made them ask nicely when asking for a drink or snack and I don't think that's what the one who asked meant.

When asked about spanking they seem to skirt the issue or misunderstand supposedly. Michelle was asked about how she stopped kids from wanting things.Michele responded she made them ask nicely when asking for a drink or snack and I don't think that's what the one who asked meant.

We've already noted that the Duggars have no problem with lying to suit their own ends, especially when being questioned in an interview or other public setting. They must have some type of agreement on pre-approved questions when they meet with media as well; I'm wondering why. They're D list at best. They must have one hell of a publicist to get the softball questions they do get.

There must be a lot of non-disclosure contracts being signed off left, right and centre, because they are so tight lipped about their life. Even from Amy's exboyfriends etc... you'd think you'd hear more dirt on them considering all the events they attends and the thousands of people who attend their weddings etc etc, you just don't hear a damn thing!

I also think it's the media they choose to do. They aren't going on CNN, MSNBCs... I think mutually Fox News and Duggars select each other and support each others values. When they go on the morning show, that is straight PR as is People. When they have the ask the Duggars anything episode, I would love to see the questions they pull from... anything from a critical question to wow Michelle is your snatch all blown out now? They could also encourage people to ask hey mall goer, wouldn't you like to ask...

It's a shame they don't do a "tell all" at the end of each season like the Brown family does. I believe they have a real journalist asking them questions. Now I don't think for a minute that the Browns are not fully aware of the questions ahead of time but I sure would like to see a real journalist talk to all the Duggars and use follow-up questions.The Duggars are all about talking points. It's the follow-up questions that will really trip up them up.

I think the difference is the Kody et al are used to having to defend their positions as they are out in the "real world" and doing something that is borderline illegal. In contrast, the Duggars have surrounded themselves with other similar whackjobs and legal. Plus, on the surface, the Duggars just seem old-fashioned harmless, and maybe I just didn't notice in the early years, but their views were less on the display in the beginning. Who knows I could've just been dense, but it seems in the last few years, they've really ramped up getting their views out there for general consumption. I have noticed that when they do get criticized, they jump behind the US freedom (Brown's can't do that) and my fav, they're being bullied for their views. Good grief. And this is just a guess, but JB and Michelle are so used to not being questioned by their kids, and they don't have jobs where co-workers or bosses would question them, so when do they have to face someone challenging them on anything, so yeah I could see them being a bit flummoxed under pressure. JB would just have that weird laugh and Michelle whispers when she's pissed.

The Duggars also tap in to this large "conservative Christian" culture in this country. Most Christians don't swing quite as hard in to the crazy as the ATI brand do, but there is an acceptance of super conservative values as being wholesome and ideal. The moment you're able to bring the Bible in to it, it doesn't matter what the issue is... there is a segment of the population that only sees "God" in the equation.

In my personal opinion, what the Duggars are doing is way worse than what the Browns are doing. The Browns seem realistic about their expectations for their kids. 4 consenting adults living together and trying to raise a family seems more "wholesome" than popping out 19 children and making your oldest girls raise them while keeping them away from the world.

The Duggars also tap in to this large "conservative Christian" culture in this country. Most Christians don't swing quite as hard in to the crazy as the ATI brand do, but there is an acceptance of super conservative values as being wholesome and ideal. The moment you're able to bring the Bible in to it, it doesn't matter what the issue is... there is a segment of the population that only sees "God" in the equation.

In my personal opinion, what the Duggars are doing is way worse than what the Browns are doing. The Browns seem realistic about their expectations for their kids. 4 consenting adults living together and trying to raise a family seems more "wholesome" than popping out 19 children and making your oldest girls raise them while keeping them away from the world.

This, this...at least they are encouraging the kids to get a good education and while they want them to behave according to their beliefs they aren't actively keeping them closed off from any other thoughts or ideals. :clap:

I agree. Browns better. They let the kids have their own minds. They encourage college, friends outside of fam etc. They're engaged in the world, which if any family had an excuse to keep kids home, they'd have it, but they send them out into the world without chaperones or accountability partners.

Archived