IGNORED

Josie had seizure for 15 mins before EMT arrive- People Mag

quiversR4hunting

Rereading Jana's statement, is it possible that she meant Josie seized, the seized again after the paramedics showed up. She doesnt say "for 15 minutes" she says "15 minutes before."

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
plus the photo they used of the family is from a year and half a go

and I really hate it when Michelle says when you have 19 kids always a lot is going on

um Hello - Josh, JD, Jill and Jessa have all moved out - you don't have 19 kids you have 16 tops

They may be out of the house, but they are still her kids. And will always be

plus the photo they used of the family is from a year and half a go

and I really hate it when Michelle says when you have 19 kids always a lot is going on

um Hello - Josh, JD, Jill and Jessa have all moved out - you don't have 19 kids you have 16 tops

Even with Josh, Jill, Joe, and Jessa gone, she still has 19 kids and they still have things going on in their lives that would affect or interest her.

Aren't some of the older kids trained as EMT's? Wouldn't they also know CPR, if it's needed?

And if, God forbid, the poor kid had died they'd be blamed for not calling the EMTs. From what little we know, it sounds like they did the right thing. Several of them have had first responder training. They did the right thing in not driving like maniacs to the hospital--they called 911 and got help.

And if, God forbid, the poor kid had died they'd be blamed for not calling the EMTs. From what little we know, it sounds like they did the right thing. Several of them have had first responder training. They did the right thing in not driving like maniacs to the hospital--they called 911 and got help.

I only meant that they could hold the fort until the paramedics showed up. Better than just letting her seize.

Was it John who carried Josie in the clip?

It doesn't look like JD to me?

As for the rest of the clip, Jill, let your husband's hand go FFS.

And I feel bad for the people at the music store who have to put up with the Fat Head family.

It appears Jana was the one waiting for medical help. I could imagine that she would've done the right thing while trying to stay calm. If it was Mullet who was there, I don't know - she doesn't have Jilly Muffin to help her this time around. OF COURSE it's also Jana who is at the hospital with Josie - where are you Mullet?

And on another more positive note - HOW CUTE IS MAC PLAYING THE DRUMS?! Oh my goodness. I don't even really like kids that much and it warmed my cold heart. It would be so amazing if they got her a drum set, but we all know she's going to be on the violin and piano like every other fundie woman.

I agree. She looked like she was really rocking out. I doubt she'll get to bring the drums home because Gothard doesn't allow music with a beat. The Smug 'rents will say something for the cameras about the drums being too noisy for their home, but they were probably praying for Mack's soul.

It appears Jana was the one waiting for medical help. I could imagine that she would've done the right thing while trying to stay calm. If it was Mullet who was there, I don't know - she doesn't have Jilly Muffin to help her this time around. OF COURSE it's also Jana who is at the hospital with Josie - where are you Mullet?

She would have been taking video.

That's a long time to have a seizure. :pink-shock: But I don't think they mean they waited 15mins before calling - I think they mean that they had to wait for 15 mins until the paramedics arrived to help.

And shock horror - Michelle is nowhere to be seen! It's Jana beside Josie at the hospital in the video, and I think john carries her to the ambulance.

Wait!!! Aren't Jana AND JD first responders (maybe Jinger, too)???? So, why were they waiting for responders when they have a few family members who are "supposedly" trained to perform emergency medical assistance????

Wait!!! Aren't Jana AND JD first responders (maybe Jinger, too)???? So, why were they waiting for responders when they have a few family members who are "supposedly" trained to perform emergency medical assistance????

Umm... maybe because they didn't have oxygen or other medical equipment on-hand?

Because there is nothing you can really do for someone who is seizing - if they have medication then by all means administer it - but other than that the only thing that can be done is to keep the person safe from injuring themselves further like rolling or falling.

What the hell? They were never paramedics or doctors or nurses.

From the Wikipedia page on "Certified First Responder": "A certified first responder (Also called an Emergency Medical Responder, Medical First Responder, First Responder, or "Emergency Care Assistant") is a person who has completed a course and received certification in providing pre-hospital care for medical emergencies. They have more skill than someone who is trained in basic first aid and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation but they are not a substitute for more advanced emergency medical care rendered by emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and paramedics."

The Duggar home didn't suddenly become a hospital when Jana and JD became first responders...

Because there is nothing you can really do for someone who is seizing - if they have medication then by all means administer it - but other than that the only thing that can be done is to keep the person safe from injuring themselves further like rolling or falling.

Also, just adding on to what you were saying, because a lot of people still try to do this- never put something like a spoon in someone's mouth when they're seizing. They're not going to choke on their own tongue. I heard about someone who had to get her cheek stitched up because some man insisted on shoving his metal edged wallet into her mouth when she was seizing.

I am First Aid/CPR trained (work and a Girl Scout leader) and for seizures, basically you are supposed to make sure the area is cleared so the person seizing doesn't hurt themselves and call 911. Don't hold them down, don't put ANYTHING in their mouth. Jana and JD acted correctly from what I have heard/read. Does not excuse Michelle or the film crew for allowing it to be filmed.

I hope it was something like a febrile seizure. My daughter had a couple of them when she was 2 and outgrew them, but hers were not as long as Josie's seizure and my daughter just would stand still and look like she was staring at something when she had them. They told us if she stopped having them by age 5 and were when she had a fever, we were in the clear.

My former micro preemie (25 weeker) had a few seizures when he was little and was on seizure medication for a long time. He wasn't quite 5 when his stopped but every kid is different. Plus, some people do have seizure disorders. No mention was made of a fever so it's doubtful she had one though I suppose that could be some of the details they are waiting to share.

Jana was in charge. There is no way she waited 15 minutes to call 911. It takes longer than that for an ambulance to get to my house. Not everyone is next door to the EMS station.

I don't think Josie has any horribly devastating health issues. She seems like a normal kid to me. She is a spoiled and babied kid, but doesn't seem abnormal.

Also, the ambulance isn't always housed at the hospital. Even if the hospital is a five-minute drive, the ambulance may be located elsewhere. That's how it is where I live.

Poor Josie, I hope she's okay.

I am First Aid/CPR trained (work and a Girl Scout leader) and for seizures, basically you are supposed to make sure the area is cleared so the person seizing doesn't hurt themselves and call 911. Don't hold them down, don't put ANYTHING in their mouth. Jana and JD acted correctly from what I have heard/read. Does not excuse Michelle or the film crew for allowing it to be filmed.

EXACTLY! Mullet and Boob are money hungry apes if they think putting this like this on TV is ok, it's NOT okay. End of story. HOW did the FILM CREW think it was ok?!

Good on Jana and JD for assisting until medical help got there.

Jill stole one of Michelle's pregnancy kits? Is the woman peeing on a stick every time she uses the bathroom? Talk about desperate!

Sounds like she is really desperate. Also I thought those kits expired.

There is nothing you can do at home to treat a seizure unless you have emergency medication at home. These drugs are usually rectal , occasionally intranasal. They are no where near as effective as giving Ativan iv to stop such a long seizure. The hospital will usually moniter vital signs continuously, give oxygen as needed and give Ativan or something similar iv until seizure stops. If they cannot stop a seizure, then it gets scary. This is uncommon though. If this is only her second seizure ever, they may not have had anything on hand. Perhaps she has epilepsy, which would meet monitering. ( my daughter does, and had 5 episodes last year of these prolonged seizures which were all related to illness. Not all seizures cause muscle jerking , a child can go limp so it's not always obvious right away unless you know what to look for.

Also, just adding on to what you were saying, because a lot of people still try to do this- never put something like a spoon in someone's mouth when they're seizing. They're not going to choke on their own tongue. I heard about someone who had to get her cheek stitched up because some man insisted on shoving his metal edged wallet into her mouth when she was seizing.

or worse a wallet UUG by the time you could even do it any damage is already done. My poor wife has bit her tongue enough

Archived