IGNORED

Duggars shilling "free" Bible story subscription service

eh02

These are dark times we are in, folks. I got a sponsored ad on my facebook feed today from "The Duggar Family Official" fb page offering "free Bible videos for kids from the makers of Veggietales." Only $1 for shipping and handling! (and, by the way, I don't actually follow any of the Duggar pages on fb - but I guess facebook being able to mind-read my search history was enough...)

...except, oh yeah, the small print, where it tells you that the Duggars aren't actually encouraging you to get FREE Bible stories, but ONE free Bible story video and then a monthly automatic debit of $20. So basically it's a pro-activ style subscription scheme, except under the guise of "spreading the good word."

Jesus would be so proud!

This is the text from it, by the way:

Anything that makes learning fun is a big help to parents when teaching children! When it comes to teaching the Bible, the “What’s In The Bible?†videos from the creator of VeggieTales®, Phil Vischer, are great. Come see for yourself by getting the video, “Jesus Is The Good News†for FREE! Just visit freejesusfilm.com/theduggars

But don’t delay because these free DVDs are sure to go fast! All of our kids love this fun DVD—and we do, too! This family-friendly treat is packed with a wonderful combination of puppetry, animation and live-action, telling the story of Jesus in a way that only Phil Vischer can! It’s part of his fascinating "What's in the Bible?" series that our family just adores. If you choose to receive the film, you’ll be asked to cover just $1 in s&h. This is a subscription service and if you order now, you’ll be set up to receive future great films from Family Bible Films as they are released to you at Family Bible Films’ regular low price. Of course, since this is a free offer, there’s no obligation or commitment so you can cancel anytime. But we know your family will love these fun Bible lessons as much as we do. Family Bible Films always guarantees that kids will learn and have fun, or your money back. So there's no risk. Whether you choose to place an order or not, please remember to teach your kids that Jesus is the Good News!

(it does not include the ACTUAL price anywhere except hidden in a huge blurb of small print.)

Wonder how much of a cut they get for each subscription?

Doubt JB would do it for free!

I'm SURE they are getting a cut.

Honestly, the Duggars do a lot of distasteful things, but to profit off of tricking people into paying for "free" (and likely very difficult to cancel - these services are notorious for that) BIBLE VIDEOS?

They are pretending that they want to spread God's word to people who need it, when all they really are doing is hoping that it takes gullible people a while to notice a monthly charge on their credit card so Jim Bob can make a quick buck and say it's for Jesus. It's awful. There are even comments on the FB ad saying it's a scam, so people seem to have caught on fast.

I'm SURE they are getting a cut.

Honestly, the Duggars do a lot of distasteful things, but to profit off of tricking people into paying for "free" (and likely very difficult to cancel - these services are notorious for that) BIBLE VIDEOS?

They are pretending that they want to spread God's word to people who need it, when all they really are doing is hoping that it takes gullible people a while to notice a monthly charge on their credit card so Jim Bob can make a quick buck and say it's for Jesus. It's awful. There are even comments on the FB ad saying it's a scam, so people seem to have caught on fast.

I would like to think that being involved in an Internet scam would alienate the Duggars from their supporters, but I'm beginning to think that the only thing that will derail this family will be a scandal involving a dead girl or a live boy, if I may borrow the phrase.

I would like to think that being involved in an Internet scam would alienate the Duggars from their supporters, but I'm beginning to think that the only thing that will derail this family will be a scandal involving a dead girl or a live boy, if I may borrow the phrase.

this is a typical thing you see Christians doing to each other. It is not a scam if God approves

My friends like the "Bible for Kids" by YouVersion. It's free on iTunes, Google Play, and other app stores. It's interactive and fun for kids.

This bugs me to no end, Don't offer something as "free" but then take payment after the first viewing ect. Especially when it comes to religious material. AUGH

These are dark times we are in, folks. I got a sponsored ad on my facebook feed today from "The Duggar Family Official" fb page offering "free Bible videos for kids from the makers of Veggietales." Only $1 for shipping and handling! (and, by the way, I don't actually follow any of the Duggar pages on fb - but I guess facebook being able to mind-read my search history was enough...)

...except, oh yeah, the small print, where it tells you that the Duggars aren't actually encouraging you to get FREE Bible stories, but ONE free Bible story video and then a monthly automatic debit of $20. So basically it's a pro-activ style subscription scheme, except under the guise of "spreading the good word."

Jesus would be so proud!

I think Jesus would be appalled that this supposedly life-saving information is only available to those who can buy stuff for a profit to the companies.

I guess the best I can say is it's not like the company that owns VeggieTales pretends to be anything but for profit. But the Duggars should know better.

I think Jesus would be appalled that this supposedly life-saving information is only available to those who can buy stuff for a profit to the companies.

I guess the best I can say is it's not like the company that owns VeggieTales pretends to be anything but for profit. But the Duggars should know better.

Money is involved so any logical brain components Mullet or Boob had are out the window.

ASSUMING they actually have a logical complex. Doubt this though.

• 4 weeks later...

This disgusts Me beyond belief, that their doing his... Yeah yeah I know you're crazy Christians and you want to "Get the word out about Jesus" blah,blah,blah... But to push this advertising bullshit on other people, COME ON!!! Oh sure it's "only a dollar", uh huh, and you know that if people are dumb enough to fall for their bullshit and "offerings" they are just going to get taken for a ride. Still it's totally slimy and wrong that their doing this, not to mention how often they post these adverts every single day, sometimes with new titles for new Bible studies, or child's school curriculum, or what have you to get you to bite! You wouldn't believe how many idiots actually are on their FB page in comments who are ordering them! And of course the Duggars ARE making money off of this, they always manage to get a cut of whatever "venture" they slime their way into. Just underhanded....Classic all the way! :clap: