IGNORED

Maxwell Men Business

goldbu

In all cases they look like high school projects on the "design your imaginary business website for credit" type.

:lol: :clap: so true.

I bet they live off of a few jobs-for-hire and flipping something - cars, land - somewhere. One sale a year would probably set them up pretty well. A few, very good quality clothing purchases, homemade or used everything, and tax returns, especially the EIC, which can be close to 10,000 for people with several children.

Penny pinching all their lives long, 10 year plans, and keeping ridiculous down-to-the-penny records - they're doing fine on tiny incomes. The Maxwells probably get by on very little, as boring and as lifeless as they have to be to do it, and for sure taking advantage of everything cheap that they can, like Scamaritan Healthcare.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
A friend of mine, raised Mennonite, recently purchased a large home for her parents (her saintly mother, mostly), after growing up dirt poor, and putting herself through college. all while being a severe introvert. Her dad gave her nothing except hands out for help with their occasional emergencies. Extreme frugality and working her fingers to the bone turned into a nice home for her mom. She even installed a t-post fence herself, with a little help from younger siblings, for her family's animals, even though she's physically frail. I wish i was half as much of a hardcore bitch as she is. But her story proves that frugal management can get things done, even in our current tough economy.

post-10046-14451999922441_thumb.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm far from an expert on this stuff but Steve is very shrewd. What are the chances that John's Irrigation Business, Maxwell Construction, and SwiftOtter are just fake starter businesses (perhaps based on a couple of contracted projects) but designed to fail for the tax write-off?

Hmmm . . . failing on purpose, eh?

Hey, Steve --

[bBvideo 560,340:3gzwom9u]

[/bBvideo]

Hey, Steve --

[bBvideo 560,340:1fyseul6]

[/bBvideo]

thoughtful, I heart you so much for this.

In all cases they look like high school projects on the "design your imaginary business website for credit" type.

You know, I've been trying for a while to find a good way to describe the weird feeling those websites give me, and I think you just nailed it!!

Archived