IGNORED

Do unmarried fundies know anything about their bodies?

txmommyof4

For those that have trouble with tampons, cups, or sex, there is a medical condition called semi-perforate hymen where the hymen is much thicker and needs medical intervention to be released. (I often wonder how the wedding night would go on a woman with this that had no idea she had it.)

I was also raised in a strict Catholic household. I was allowed to use tampons (I was a swimmer), but sex was ONLY for after marriage. Explains why my parents got married at shy of 20. I did have an older sister that helped expand my knowledge and I read voraciously. I read encyclopedias and any book I could get my hands on. I thank Judy Blume and the book Deenie for encouraging me to explore my body a bit and get comfortable with it while I was a teen, otherwise, I'm not sure I ever would have. It was not discussed at home and my 5th grade "you're a woman now" class in a Catholic school with a nun was less than informative about how the body actually worked or any external anatomy. Pleasure was most certainly not discussed. :penguin-no:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god... I started at 10, I just hope i don't have to handle this crap for 30 years more :angry-banghead: . Any woman over here that can tell me that early starters can alson be early enders??

Lol there IS a little hope! I started my period when I was 11. I'm 37 & have been in pre-menopause for a couple years now. (Which has been horrible! Periods lasting 2-3 weeks, bleeding through 6 tampons in one hour....no lie....I finally went and got on BC cuz I couldn't take the constant bleeding anymore.... best decision I ever made BTW ) My dr told me that the age you start menopause is based on where your mom went through it. (?)

I don't want kids and would be very happy for my periods to stop now, but women in my family seem to be both late starters and late enders.

Then I have a friend, who does very much want kids, who just went through POF in her early 20's. It really just isn't fair.

Archived