IGNORED

Do unmarried fundies know anything about their bodies?

txmommyof4

Tampons, pads, and menstrual cups aren't an issue now because I had a hysterectomy. Since my sex life with my fiancée is great, I'm not worried.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucky. Hows the hormonal status though? Is that unaffected? I have read that if a sterilisation(of the fallopian tubes) goes awry it can affect the ligaments of the ovaries and disable the proper hormone production .

For anyone who has never been able to wear tampons because they are uncomfortable, it really could be the brand. I was never able to use Tampax (they were horribly painful) or kotex (just really uncomfortable) until about 2 years ago. Apparent there were some significant changes to my body around 40 because those are fine now but they sure weren't the rest of my life. So anyway, if you want to use them just try different brands.

Tampons vary greatly by brand, so that could definitely be an issue for some who can't wear them. I started using tampons when I was 16 and never looked back. Leaks weren't a huge issue, but I found using pads so disgusting, especially back in the days where shaving/waxing it all off wasn't a thing. I use a cup now--I will only ever consider internal options.

I started using tampons at 12, with my first period. I just tried different brands until something didn't hurt because I just couldn't handle how gross i felt with pads. No one ever talked to me about it. Thankfully I read enough to know. I would buy my own tampons with my allowance and keep them stuffed in my purse. My mother finally figured out I started my period 3 years later.

Menopause is unfortunately hereditary. My mom started menopause in her mid 50's so if I am like her I have 10 or more years of this garbage left! :evil:

I have read about late starters being early ending too, so I hope that is true seein I only started at 15.

That sounds like the single most unfair thing EVER! :lol:

Lucky. Hows the hormonal status though? Is that unaffected? I have read that if a sterilisation(of the fallopian tubes) goes awry it can affect the ligaments of the ovaries and disable the proper hormone production .

I had a complete hysterectomy, so that was early menopause. Shortly after that my mother died, and I had an emotional breakdown. My therapist started me on antidepressants. I couldn't take HRT due to risk factors. Once the other meds kicked in, I actually enjoyed sex more. Strange, because I thought the combination of instant menopause plus antidepressants would kill my libido.

And now this conversation makes me want to find something sexy to wear for my wedding night. ;)

I have read about late starters being early ending too, so I hope that is true seein I only started at 15.

I started at 11, I'm almost 51 and just entering perimenopause. I am guessing I am not an early ender as I still have regular periods but now get fun things like some months with debilitating cramping and other months with no cramping but flowing through two or three super-size tampons every hour for at least 24 hours.

Along with a few other good times such as occasional night sweats, the occasional not-sweaty-but-still-get-warm hot flashes, and stronger PMS symptoms.

I started at 11, I'm almost 51 and just entering perimenopause. I am guessing I am not an early ender as I still have regular periods but now get fun things like some months with debilitating cramping and other months with no cramping but flowing through two or three super-size tampons every hour for at least 24 hours.

Along with a few other good times such as occasional night sweats, the occasional not-sweaty-but-still-get-warm hot flashes, and stronger PMS symptoms.

This is EXACTLY how my periods have been since my youngest son was born when I was 40. I guess I am in perimenopause but I have heard that can easily go for years and years and years...

Oh my god... I started at 10, I just hope i don't have to handle this crap for 30 years more :angry-banghead: . Any woman over here that can tell me that early starters can alson be early enders??

Most of my problems with periods went away when I switched to tampons-mine were mostly sensory related, I couldn't stand the feeling of wearing a pad and that was worse than the cramps and stuff. Now I use tampons, theyre pretty easier, no uncomfortable feelings, or worrying about what I wear because it feels like I am wearing a huge diaper and everyone can probably see, or just generally feeling awkward. Mine are 3 days long at most, and I only really get cramps on the first day.

I got my period at 11. That's normal for the women in my family, so is an aggressive form of endometrosis. My maternal grandmother, mother, sister, and I had to have hysterectomies. I hope my nieces don't suffer the same fate. Both want to have kids someday. I wouldn't wish the painful hell that is endometrosis on any woman.

My mom was a late starter (15) and she was an early ender (49). I think I started at a pretty average age (12). I will be 44 in a few months and am still going strong. A couple of my friends and cousins have needed hysterectomies the last few years and I am kind of jealous of their good luck. :lol:

My youngest was born when I was 37, since I was a little older I was hoping that having him would throw me into early menopause. No such luck.

The only tampon that isn't uncomfortable for me is ob. It was like my birthday and Christmas all rolled into one the day I discovered how comfortable they are. My sheets and pajama pants are pretty happy about it too. :dance:

I got my period at 11. That's normal for the women in my family, so is an aggressive form of endometrosis. My maternal grandmother, mother, sister, and I had to have hysterectomies. I hope my nieces don't suffer the same fate. Both want to have kids someday. I wouldn't wish the painful hell that is endometrosis on any woman.

Did your hyster help your pain with endo go away? (Currently on the wait list for endo excision surgery here in the US)

And don't get me started on endometriosis and periods... Its nice to know I'm not the only FJer with endo. I agree about not wishing endometriosis on any woman -especially any of these fundies. Endometriosis is so hard to diagnose with women in normal society, let alone in a society where all bodily functions are hidden and taboo and they just have to deal with the pain. Not to mention the infertility factor and painful sex.

I have endometriosis and PCOS. But somehow managed to have 4 kids (birth control pills helped with that). I am scared to have the hysterectomy i so desperately need because of all the scar tissue in my belly. When my last son was delivered it took so long to access my uterus i had full feeling return while I was still completely open. They didn't believe me at first so I said look at my feet, and I started kicking. They freaked out. OMG that was pain. But anyway, my perinatologist said she was really glad she wouldn't be the one doing my hysterectomy and she felt for whoever had to. *sigh* For now I just suffer with it but I sure want it done.

I am glad I dont have to deal with Endo the pain. I am only 30 this year so I think I prefer a normal sterilisation if my husband decides he isnt going to have a vasectomy.(he has got his brother as a horror story unfortunately as the anaesthetic didn't work properly when he had his vasectomy. Before I had the gynefix IUD My periods lasted about 7 days full strengths and spotting for 3 more days. After removing and after birth they luckily have stayed low with only 2 days full strengths 1 day medium and 2 spotting days. Luckily my follicular phase is usually 21 days or longer so my cycle is usually around 35 days. My mil had a hysterectomy but I don't know why.

Did your hyster help your pain with endo go away? (Currently on the wait list for endo excision surgery here in the US)

And don't get me started on endometriosis and periods... Its nice to know I'm not the only FJer with endo. I agree about not wishing endometriosis on any woman -especially any of these fundies. Endometriosis is so hard to diagnose with women in normal society, let alone in a society where all bodily functions are hidden and taboo and they just have to deal with the pain. Not to mention the infertility factor and painful sex.

Yes, no more pain and no more periods. I have never wanted kids, so being infertile doesn't bother me. Sex wasn't painful because I hadn't been sexually active for a while at that time. I wasn't raised fundie, so no hang ups or taboos. My mother was very open and candid, and we could always talk to her about "female problems". My sister is the same way with her daughters, open and candid.

Yes, no more pain and no more periods. I have never wanted kids, so being infertile doesn't bother me. Sex wasn't painful because I hadn't been sexually active for a while at that time. I wasn't raised fundie, so no hang ups or taboos. My mother was very open and candid, and we could always talk to her about "female problems". My sister is the same way with her daughters, open and candid.

Thanks for sharing. I'm dealing with so much pain and other problems that I can't wait to get into surgery to get everything cleaned up. Still hoping for kids as the hubs and I are newly wed and wanting a family. Only in the past year or so has "body talk" been an okay thing with my family. It sucks, but I know it could be worse.

Oh my god... I started at 10, I just hope i don't have to handle this crap for 30 years more :angry-banghead: . Any woman over here that can tell me that early starters can alson be early enders??

Sorry, got my first at 10 and wasn't done until 54. The last several years were as bad as the first one. Lots of cramps and hemorrhaging types of flow that required a super tampon AND an overnight pad. So very glad to be done.

I have endometriosis and PCOS. But somehow managed to have 4 kids (birth control pills helped with that). I am scared to have the hysterectomy i so desperately need because of all the scar tissue in my belly. When my last son was delivered it took so long to access my uterus i had full feeling return while I was still completely open. They didn't believe me at first so I said look at my feet, and I started kicking. They freaked out. OMG that was pain. But anyway, my perinatologist said she was really glad she wouldn't be the one doing my hysterectomy and she felt for whoever had to. *sigh* For now I just suffer with it but I sure want it done.

From personal experience I would share that if you have tons of scar tissue from many previous abdominal surgeries -- be very careful about deciding on an abdominal hysterectomy. They can do them laprosopily and sometimes vaginally now. Don't know if that would work with endometriosis thought.

Thanks for sharing. I'm dealing with so much pain and other problems that I can't wait to get into surgery to get everything cleaned up. Still hoping for kids as the hubs and I are newly wed and wanting a family. Only in the past year or so has "body talk" been an okay thing with my family. It sucks, but I know it could be worse.

I would talk to your gyno. There are a lot of treatments out there that don't affect fertility. Hysterectomy should be a last resort. It was for me.

Archived