IGNORED

Do unmarried fundies know anything about their bodies?

txmommyof4

I was raised in a strict Catholic family (sort of), but my parents were crazy about encyclopedias and book sets. Britannica, Funk & Wagnall's, American history, world history, ancient history, all the wars, Popular Science, Popular Mechanics...but my favorite was the Medical Encyclopedia. It was like 10 volumes and filled with pictures and illustrations and some really detailed pull out anatomical charts. The volume on male and female reproductive systems was the favorite for my siblings and me. :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampons are a no no. The only thing that goes in there is a penis. Masturbation isn't hard to learn. If it feels good then someone can get the hang of it.

seeing they all use the same bed room it maybe hard to masturbate. where i live we have sex ed as part of biology classes in year 4, 6, and 8/9 and genetics in year 11 if you make it as far as 11.(11 and 12/13 are like sixth form in in England.)Besides you have the biology book spanning years 7 to 10.. the menstrual cycle is of course represented in typical fashion that ovulation is always around day 14 but well cant be perfect. I wonder if they know about nfp or if they go just after their husbands decision alll the time?. I could imagine michelle used nfp to get the sex on at most fertile days to get the age differemces like they are.

I wasn't really raised religious since my dad resented that my grandparents forced Catholicism down his throat when he was growing up. Even then, my mom didn't mention tampons during periods, but when she noticed after I was in high school that some of hers was missing, she bought me my own box. I just figured out how they worked when I read the instructions that came with my mom's box of tampons. It wasn't anything religious at all, it's just that my mom didn't realize that I wanted to use tampons in addition to pads when I was in high school. Now, the only place where sex was absolutely a taboo subject was around my grandparents who were devout Catholics.

Who wouldnt want to use tampons? I haven't heard of anybody wanting to use pads only, seriously the most messy thing ever. I doubt those girls would know of menstruation cups either,

Michelle says in their second book that the girls cycles are synchronised and they use pads-only.

I have often thought that one of the reasons why they have those dorm rooms is for 'accountability' and to deter the temptation to masturbate.

Michelle says in their second book that the girls cycles are synchronised and they use pads-only.

I have often thought that one of the reasons why they have those dorm rooms is for 'accountability' and to deter the temptation to masturbate.

I can't even imagine how that house must be during shark week. That must be scary

They don't even use washable plates, so I doubt that they use washable pads :D . But I suppose that if they are all synchronised that would be just another load for Grandma Mary to wash and dry each month. Eeewww :(

Who wouldnt want to use tampons? I haven't heard of anybody wanting to use pads only, seriously the most messy thing ever. I doubt those girls would know of menstruation cups either,

This is probably TMI, but I will share anyways. I was raised in a progressive Catholic household, but still I was only allowed to use pads. I had soooo many accidents until I discovered tampons. I hope for their sake they don't experience the same humiliation I went through when leakage happened.

I don'tr want to know how their mattress look.

I can remembr when I was 15 and I woke up and it was pouring out of me.. my mom and my 1 yo brother saw that :embarrassed:

Seriously, how the fuck are pads in the US? I didn't use tampons until i was 13, my mother has never used them, and most people i know only use tampons in special ocasions (like for sports). And it's not like i was raised in a religious enviroment

Seriously, how the fuck are pads in the US? I didn't use tampons until i was 13, my mother has never used them, and most people i know only use tampons in special ocasions (like for sports). And it's not like i was raised in a religious enviroment

Leaky

I never read the second book, but to me the fact that she tells everyone that all the girls are in sync is just a bit TMI in my opinion. What was the context of her informing the reader of this??

i am in europe. different people have diff periods. when i was a teenager they were a) proper strong, b) i hadnt adjusted to them yet. i only had my first period a day before i turned 15.

I never read the second book, but to me the fact that she tells everyone that all the girls are in sync is just a bit TMI in my opinion. What was the context of her informing the reader of this??

Michelle mentions the girl talk and "womanhood kit" she gives her preteen daughters. Then..."I laugh, telling her about the "phenomenon" that seems to cause most of the older girls in the family to go through their menstraul cycle at about the same time. It's just one of those things that happens when a bunch of women live and work together"

Michelle mentions the girl talk and "womanhood kit" she gives her preteen daughters. Then..."I laugh, telling her about the "phenomenon" that seems to cause most of the older girls in the family to go through their menstraul cycle at about the same time. It's just one of those things that happens when a bunch of women live and work together"

Is that that TMI? Even between groups of women?

I live with 2 other women right now and we synced this month so we called for a moon dance (this is just dancing) and lit some candles and kept going "IT'S MOOON TIME." Then, we had some wine. It was fun!

As for tampons, I didn't use them until I was 16. I tried, too, it just freaked me out too much and one day I got my period right before a swimming party so I had to learn then and there. They can be pretty awkward at first even if you're open about the entire thing, I think. I can't count the number of tampons I opened, tried, panicked, and trashed ages 12-16.

I had heard all about periods and where babies come from in school but my Mom never talked to me about it. She would just say "Your body is changing." And that was it. When I first got mine, I just kept trying to cover it up and it was so embarrassing to hear that's what it was. Masturbation was sort of an accident, just feeling what felt good and going from there. It took me some time to realize that it wasn't shameful. I didn't grow up in a religious household but it was something that just wasn't discussed. When I went to university and realized that it wasn't shameful and that the people in small towns who make it seem like it is are small minded, it made me feel a lot better.

When you have no information, you do the best that you can but being able to actually experiment and take the time to learn about yourself and what feels good is a whole lot better than trying to be as quick and quiet as you can be!

And when I lived in a house with 5 other girls, we all sync'd up. It was quite an interesting week and there was a lot of runs to the store for chocolate but it wasn't that bad. Wouldn't want someone to mention that in a book though!

TMI all through this. I wasn't able to use tampons until after I lost my virginity, as it was too painful. Man, what a life changer!

I feel like skirts and pads would be a recipe for disaster(unless that have on tight shorts or leggings underneath) but that's just based on my personal experiences. Ugh, so many ruined pairs of underwear and pants for so many years :embarrassed:.

apart from sex ed at school you also got a complimentary box of pads, tampons and a booklet explaining anatomy and the changes by age. Also the public library has lots of kids/teen books on that topic.

TMI alert

I cannot stand anything in my vagina except a penis. Tampons were uncomfortable and so are pelvic exams. It has to be a physical thing, because I like sex and have no hangups when it comes to sex. My gyno can't figure it out. All of my exams and pap test have been normal. Oh well.

Archived