IGNORED

Empire

Mama Mia

Does anyone watch this? It's like a modern Dynasty. If Dynasty had been any good. With music because it's a music empire - so the music isn't just thrown in randomly -- it goes with the storyline.

I watched the first episode and I really liked it, especially the mom - Cookie? I can't remember her name. I have no idea what Dynasty is :embarrassed:

Dynasty is an ollllllllddddd show from the 80s. It was basically the first drama like that --- rich people fighting over control of businesses and family dynamics with a side of crime and murder :)

I really like Cookie too .

Spot on with the Dynasty comparison. Cookie gives me life! The wardrobe department is serving it every week, even in the flashbacks. I'm here for this primetime soapy goodness.

• 1 month later...

I wasn't crazy about the finale, it seemed like the last few episodes just pushed too many strange things together. But I can't wait for next season. :popcorn2:

Loved, loved loved the White Party episode. Loved Cookie's smack down to Boo Boo Kitty and Naomi Campbell. And Jamal's coming out song was fantastic.

Does it pinpoint what's wrong with my life that I feel bad for Lucious and want him and Cookie back together? :?

I wasn't crazy about the finale, it seemed like the last few episodes just pushed too many strange things together. But I can't wait for next season. :popcorn2:

Loved, loved loved the White Party episode. Loved Cookie's smack down to Boo Boo Kitty and Naomi Campbell. And Jamal's coming out song was fantastic.

Does it pinpoint what's wrong with my life that I feel bad for Lucious and want him and Cookie back together? :?

I finally watched all the episodes (and finally read your comment lol). Yeah, the last few episodes were :wtf: like the show made a right-turn straight in WTF-land and everybody was back-stabbing each other and too much crazy shit was going down. The whole time I just kept thinking "these people are f-ing crazy!"

It's on Fox. I believe it's on Hulu and they also have it on FoxNow. I don't know if you need a Hulu Plus subscription, but I did need to log in through my cable TV provider to watch through Fox Now. Enjoy!

I finally watched all the episodes (and finally read your comment lol). Yeah, the last few episodes were :wtf: like the show made a right-turn straight in WTF-land and everybody was back-stabbing each other and too much crazy shit was going down. The whole time I just kept thinking "these people are f-ing crazy!"

I think the slap dash end was due to not knowing whether the show would get picked up for a second season at the time of filming. Now with the mega success, I'm hopeful the writers can slow down and flesh out the characters and narratives.

Love this series. Caught up with the season finale last night.

And it is not just the main characters. Becky and Porsha. the gang at ghetto studios (the dude with the cereal bowl just cracks me up).

• 1 month later...

Did anyone watch the boys' performance on the Billboard Music Awards. Jussie performed "Conqueror" with Estelle, which they also performed on Empire (can't remember which episode). Anywhoozles, I really, really liked that song when it came out on the show and watching them perform it at the BBMAs made me want to buy it. So I bought the Estelle version and the Estelle with Jussie version too. :D

"Conqueror" by Estelle: https://youtu.be/lvvimH5_Ap4

Estelle with Jussie: https://youtu.be/8QTZu6OClxw

(Sorry, I'm on Tapatalk and don't know the code for embedding videos.)

I am loving Jamal.

This is the show that Nashville is trying to be.

Archived