IGNORED

John Shrader: Killing Snakes & Grifting Appliances for Jesus

happy atheist

I can't see his FB but someone should screen shot that post and send it Zambia's immigration dept.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only donations John needs now is for plane tickets to get those poor kids home, STAT. But he could probably get a head start on those if he sold all of his grifted shit.

Oh, who am I kidding. He'll be dragged from Zambia kicking and screaming, because it's always about him and never about the kids.

I think at this point, the family are screwed whether they return to America or stay in Zambia. In fact, their quality of living is probably better in Zambia as they actually have a real house...hut also they are way more likely to catch malaria, so that's a bad point. At least if they went home, maybe some of their relatives might take pity on the kids and give them money. Maybe John's dad will give them money, he seems to like giving his golden child everything he ever wants and not telling him to get off his ass and get a job.

da plane.... da plane..... it's been a year and still no sightings of da plane.... :pull-hair:

I really, really hope that David Rhea shows up and does something with that plane. :lol:

The zambian wage packets are not huge. Johns small congregation will not be able to fund his large ( and growing?) family.

Many Zambian wage earners are supporting elderly parents/grandparents as well as their own immediate family.

Young men we met were also helping to put their married siblings children through school.

How dare John ask for donations. He really is scraping the barrel now.

He needs to pack up, donate his toys etc to the locals, sell his troopie to pay for plane tickets home and leave Zambia ASAP.

I'm feeling very cross now. :pull-hair:

It's not even _just_ a large (and growing ) family. That would be bad enough.

John wants others to pay to keep his family in some degree of Western comfort. He's too good to eat the same food and live in the same sort if shelter as the local ppl. He needs to live in the biggest house on the hill and wash his hair with Tressamme (sp?) and eat Miracle Whip. He expects a better, more expensive lifestyle and he expects other ppl to fund it. He _deserves_ it, dammit,because he's white,and American,and the right kind of Christian.

It's not even _just_ a large (and growing ) family. That would be bad enough.

John wants others to pay to keep his family in some degree of Western comfort. He's too good to eat the same food and live in the same sort if shelter as the local ppl. He needs to live in the biggest house on the hill and wash his hair with Tressamme (sp?) and eat Miracle Whip. He expects a better, more expensive lifestyle and he expects other ppl to fund it. He _deserves_ it, dammit,because he's white,and American,and the right kind of Christian.

Don't forget the ice that cools his drinks from the freezer that matches the refrigerator. Did it have to be the matching one? Really?

This post about the ice machine REALLY got to me. I've been to Zambia--spent a month there working in an Angolan refugee camp. We never had ice---even when traveling around in hotels before getting to the refugee camp (which didn't have electricity). The organization that I traveled with initially was intended to help Angolan refugees that were in camps throughout the DRC, Namibia and Zambia. Now that the civil war is over in Angola, they are building schools in rural Angola because the man who started the foundation grew up as a missionary's child there. He actually passed away very suddenly at the age of 50. He was a psychiatrist and was the humblest person I have ever met. As a way to remember the people that were struggling in Africa--while he was living in relative comfort in the U.S (traveled back and forth to Africa several times per year), he vowed to never use ice as a small daily reminder to himself that even things like ice were a luxury that the majority of the developing world did not have. So it makes me so angry when people like John Shrader demand those things. It reminds me of this wonderful man I knew---who was accomplishing wonderful things in Africa while supporting locals to do the lions' share of the work. And his life was tragically cut short while people like John make a mockery of things.

I really, really hope that David Rhea shows up and does something with that plane. :lol:

For as much as I dislike David Rhea and his efforts to try and convert the people of Zambia, I sooooooo hope that when he gets to Zambia, he finds the plane and repairs and flies it, and has a successful tract printing business, while Grifter stands by and WHAT DOES HE DO ALL DAY EXACTLY?

Though Grifter won't say anything about it at all. But the silence will be deafening.

For as much as I dislike David Rhea and his efforts to try and convert the people of Zambia, I sooooooo hope that when he gets to Zambia, he finds the plane and repairs and flies it, and has a successful tract printing business, while Grifter stands by and WHAT DOES HE DO ALL DAY EXACTLY?

Though Grifter won't say anything about it at all. But the silence will be deafening.

David Rhea wants to print bibles in addition to tracts. I do agree, I hope he succeeds.

Shrader may make Rea look good in comparison, but Rea shouldn't be a missionary or take his young family to Zambia either. Let's not get carried away.

David is not nearly as good at grifting and is slightly better prepared, but he is a conceited ignoramus too. Why else do you think he palled around with Shrader for so long?

Exhibit A: rea.teamzambia.com/what-about-your-children/

Note his response in the comments. The other "culture shock" articles are illuminating too. To my disappointment, Rea edited his idiotic shopping list comparison where all the percentages were messed up after we snarked on it here. We saved it for posterity though, back on another thread.

Shrader may make Rea look good in comparison, but Rea shouldn't be a missionary or take his young family to Zambia either. Let's not get carried away.

David is not nearly as good at grifting and is slightly better prepared, but he is a conceited ignoramus too. Why else do you think he palled around with Shrader for so long?

Exhibit A: rea.teamzambia.com/what-about-your-children/

Note his response in the comments. The other "culture shock" articles are illuminating too. To my disappointment, Rea edited his idiotic shopping list comparison where all the percentages were messed up after we snarked on it here. We saved it for posterity though, back on another thread.

Trust me, I have issues with Rhea as well. He doesn't seem much better than John. But there is something about John.....maybe because he seems so in-your-face and smug about what an awesome missionary he is when in reality he is a poor excuse for a husband, father, missionary and man. Rhea is more off the grid, so that is why my annoyance with him isn't all amped up like it is with Grifty.

Oh I think Rhea is pretty awful too, but if he is going to go annoy the people of Zambia I just want him to also annoy John by beating him in the Missionary Wars. But I would really like for both of them to fail at this whole "Save Zambia By Printing Tracts" plan that they have.

Oh, yes. I'm all for David Rea winning the Zambian Tract Wars, getting control of the plane (I don't think he knows how to fly it either), and basically humiliating Shrader. To say that someone is better than John Shrader is really damning with faint praise. Although Shrader is a very special kind of grifter.

I think they are both dreadful blots on the fake missionary landscape. It also seems I was correct in suspecting that there was a big schism between the former TeamZambia and the Kafulafuta missionaries that predates the Shrader/Rea split. Interesting.

So I hope Rea knows I have my beady little eyes on him too. As he is familiar enough with FJ to have edited some of his stupider blog posts ...

Hi, David! :greetings-wavingblue: How many demons have you driven out of "witchdoctors" on this latest little jaunt to Zambia? Have you bought anyone a coke yet? Are your children vaccinated?

The jury is still out on Rhea methinks. He has had time to hide awhile and watch the Schrader pantomime roll out.

Plans will have been altered and new ones will be brewing even as we write.

Hmmm..... :popcorn2: :think:

This post about the ice machine REALLY got to me. I've been to Zambia--spent a month there working in an Angolan refugee camp. We never had ice---even when traveling around in hotels before getting to the refugee camp (which didn't have electricity). The organization that I traveled with initially was intended to help Angolan refugees that were in camps throughout the DRC, Namibia and Zambia. Now that the civil war is over in Angola, they are building schools in rural Angola because the man who started the foundation grew up as a missionary's child there. He actually passed away very suddenly at the age of 50. He was a psychiatrist and was the humblest person I have ever met. As a way to remember the people that were struggling in Africa--while he was living in relative comfort in the U.S (traveled back and forth to Africa several times per year), he vowed to never use ice as a small daily reminder to himself that even things like ice were a luxury that the majority of the developing world did not have. So it makes me so angry when people like John Shrader demand those things. It reminds me of this wonderful man I knew---who was accomplishing wonderful things in Africa while supporting locals to do the lions' share of the work. And his life was tragically cut short while people like John make a mockery of things.

Thank you for this posting and your service. I go to Tanzania 2-3 times per year, for a mid wife program, I would never ever expect something that the locals do not have, I do take a my beloved peanut filled pretzels I share.

I think Shrader would like us to know that he did NOT convert ONLY one person in the last year, dammit. In one of his latest entries, he is introducing the Faithful Men God has brought him to train in Zambia. A few details:

We are not seeking to establish a collage or institute, but instead train men to train other faithful men using a relationship-based hands-on training such as Christ and Paul did. With that said, please allow me to introduce you better to the faithful men God has blessed us with.

Kennedy was saved in a IFB church planted by a missionary 20 years ago, but that has not had a pastor now for more than 10 years. He has seen the results of Baptist churches and members here in Zambia not knowing their doctrinal distinctives and history, and the weaknesses and dangers that brings, and is deeply burdened about that.

Bro. Phiri was led to Christ in a "Baptist" church 30 years ago that was tainted with Calvinism and reformed heresy. He has a clear testimony of salvation, but has seen that his former church did not follow only the Scripture but instead followed men like the murderer John Calvin.

Arcade is a sweet brother we met in Burundi (I made a video about it that I would love to have you watch if you have not done so. You can see "The African Macedonian Call" on our YouTube page at www.tinyurl.com/tzfilms - Again we are no longer working as a team with David Rea, mentioned in the video, as he sided with our former sending church with a doctrine of no repentance required for salvation)

Rodrick is our first convert here in Kafue. He was 7th Day Adventist, Catholic, and New Apostolic. He was also a drunkard.

Bro. John Shrader

Biblical Baptist Missionary

Zambia

Now wonderfully sent by and under the Authority of Tri-County Baptist Church, which my father was sent to plant 36 years ago. They are doctrinally sound, local church only, non affiliated, closed communion, King James exclusive, still preach old fashioned repentance, etc. The heartbeat of the church is missions and seeking to understand and live the crucified life. My father is a true servant leader. We are so blessed to have such a sweet church behind us that stands for Truth

Sounds like someone is a little cranky about this whole experience.

John hasn't published another newsletter recently (that I've seen), but seems to update FB far more often than he used to. I think he likes to communicate directly with his "fans", because they are unlikely to know the full details behind his supporting churches and whatever money he is already receiving.

Also, in a move that will turn your stomach, Rick posted his youcaring link in honor of Sarah to John's wall last night: Sarah Shrader Waller Zambian Memorial.

http://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/sar ... s.facebook

I don't think people are impressed, as the link has been up for like 18 hours and only got 1 like. In contrast, a link that John posted about how to reuse plastic bottle tops for food storage got 30 :?

A seventh day adventist AND a catholic? Not all at once, surely. Those are like, polar opposites.

Also, can I just voice my disgust at people in general calling people with drinking problems "drunk" and "drunkard?" I'm not a drunk, I'm a PERSON. Drinking does not define me.

It might be just me who feels that way, but it's a pet peeve of mine.

Also, in a move that will turn your stomach, Rick posted his youcaring link in honor of Sarah to John's wall last night: Sarah Shrader Waller Zambian Memorial.

http://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/sar ... s.facebook

I don't think people are impressed, as the link has been up for like 18 hours and only got 1 like. In contrast, a link that John posted about how to reuse plastic bottle tops for food storage got 30 :?

That's awful - so he's asking people to donate in one childs name to help support another child and his children... what about donations for his widowed son-in-law and grandchild? Weird, very weird.

Have we ever got a handle on Anthony and how he relates to the extended Shrader clan? I would assume that now that Sarah has died, he may distance himself and Julia from this strange family.

I think Shrader would like us to know that he did NOT convert ONLY one person in the last year, dammit. In one of his latest entries, he is introducing the Faithful Men God has brought him to train in Zambia. A few details:

Sounds like someone is a little cranky about this whole experience.

John hasn't published another newsletter recently (that I've seen), but seems to update FB far more often than he used to. I think he likes to communicate directly with his "fans", because they are unlikely to know the full details behind his supporting churches and whatever money he is already receiving.

Thank goodness he is not establishing a "collage" given the fact he doesn't even know how to spell it.

That's awful - so he's asking people to donate in one childs name to help support another child and his children... what about donations for his widowed son-in-law and grandchild? Weird, very weird.

Have we ever got a handle on Anthony and how he relates to the extended Shrader clan? I would assume that now that Sarah has died, he may distance himself and Julia from this strange family.

According to Ricks FB page, Julia spent last weekend with them.

Archived