IGNORED

John Shrader: Killing Snakes & Grifting Appliances for Jesus

happy atheist

I would give to a cancer fund in her name, anyway. NO WAY I'd give to John if I knew her. If I wasn't broke right now, I'd actually be very tempted to do this.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah was not like Esther Shrader. She wasn't a breeder for God's army and she probably had hopes for higher education for her daughter. Rick Shrader had hardly a mention for Sarah's daughter or husband in his posts. All he could talk about was John.

Donations to cancer rsearch in lieu of flowers would have been a wonderful suggestion. An education fund for her child. Something that meant something to Sarah.

If there were any questions about why John is like he is, the answer is he got it from his pathetic excuse for a father, a preacher and a man.

Sarah was not like Esther Shrader. She wasn't a breeder for God's army and she probably had hopes for higher education for her daughter. Rick Shrader had hardly a mention for Sarah's daughter or husband in his posts. All he could talk about was John.

Donations to cancer rsearch in lieu of flowers would have been a wonderful suggestion. An education fund for her child. Something that meant something to Sarah.

If there were any questions about why John is like he is, the answer is he got it from his pathetic excuse for a father, a preacher and a man.

Rick Shrader's behavior in light of his daughter's death is disgusting. I am curious as to how the rest of his offspring feel about it. From what we've seen, all of the other sons are pretty ungrifty and normal, correct?

I would love to donate to cancer research in Sarah's name, send her beautiful daughter and husband a gift and then make a comment in that regard on Rick's FB page encouraging everyone else to follow suit. I would even provide links and free shipping.

Ugh how skeezy to be using your daughter's death to beg for money for your son.

So I'm checking on the brothers...wowza. So Edge and Jace both apparently attended university in Thailand. I looked up the school...not entirely sure if it was a legit school, or maybe Rick took the family to Thailand for a mission? Not sure the story there.

So seems like Edge has ran very, very far from his fundie upbringing...and his Youtube channel includes a video of him talking about a lot of transcendental meditation, yoga and some Eastern philosophy. His channel in general has a lot of new-agey type videos. He's kind of rambling along and makes me think he may have had some help from some kind of substance in expressing his thoughts lol. Then again if John was my brother it would likely drive me to drugs too.

youtube.com/watch?v=WWQi0UcikAo

It doesn't appear Sarah was fundie. I'm wondering - is Rick's church a more mainstream conservative church? It's just odd that John appears to be the only fundie amongst them.

Oh, and this picture of the Shrader bros cracked me up. It looks like the brother on the right clearly isn't enjoying getting his photo taken with his goober brother

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1593466317532095&set=pb.100006062251389.-2207520000.1428663902.&type=3&theater

John's whole mien is just different from his brothers. I wonder what happened that allowed them to break free but not John. I'm guessing some sort of personality disorder, but I'm super curious.

Oh, I didn't realize there's a third brother, Seth. He seems pretty normal. Looks like he was close to Sarah. :(

John's whole mien is just different from his brothers. I wonder what happened that allowed them to break free but not John. I'm guessing some sort of personality disorder, but I'm super curious.

I think you mean that it is John who may have the personality disorder not the brothers who have broken free, yes? :)

OK, I'm trying to figure out the family. Have I got this right?

Edge: Youngest. Into TM and yoga. Long hair and "edgy."

Jace: 2nd youngest. Does part-time modeling. The one that whopped John's chops on FB by saying that Jesus would be OK with his photo session. :lol:

Seth: 3rd youngest. In the National Guard.

All of them are remarkably attractive young men (now I feel like a cougar) and have all broken free. They are in relationships but not married, still in contact with the parents, and were close to Sarah. So Rick (Dad) and Jodi (Mom) have not cut off all contact with the rebels.

Sarah was the eldest child, then John, or the other way round. Married to ? with one daughter. The fact that Rick and John seem to ignore the husband completely made me think that she was a single mom. We are speculating that the husband isn't mentioned because he is not the right kind of Christian and that Sarah had also broken free?

I wonder why John keeps harping on the fact that he was a premature baby born at 7 months? Most adults I know who were premature babies really don't bring it up unless it is relevant to the conversation. Total speculation: John was a medically fragile baby/toddler who was spoiled rotten given much attention by his parents even after he caught up with standard milestones. He doesn't look medically fragile these days.

Just an FYI: Rick has been asking for donations to help Sarah for a l-o-n-g time too and people seem to have given generously. I don't have a problem at all with asking for donations to help someone fighting a serious and terminal illness. Or in asking for donations for Sarah's family.

However, enabling Moochinary* John is a different matter. Rick using Sarah's tragic death as an opportunity to grift for John is quite mind-boggling.

*TM Apple1!

Palimpsest, yes, I meant John having the personality disorder, LOL! Maybe Rick also does?

I think the husband's name is Anthony and I agree, he is likely the wrong type of Christian.

I think you are right that John was spoiled by his parents because of his prematurity. Likely, too, they enable him now because he's the only son that hasn't strayed from fundamentalism.

Now that you bring it up, I bet him being a preemie probably meant that he was spoiled more than the rest and his behavior often explained away by "Well he was a preemie, he hasn't caught up yet."

I think you mean that it is John who may have the personality disorder not the brothers who have broken free, yes? :)

OK, I'm trying to figure out the family. Have I got this right?

Edge: Youngest. Into TM and yoga. Long hair and "edgy."

Jace: 2nd youngest. Does part-time modeling. The one that whopped John's chops on FB by saying that Jesus would be OK with his photo session. :lol:

Seth: 3rd youngest. In the National Guard.

All of them are remarkably attractive young men (now I feel like a cougar) and have all broken free. They are in relationships but not married, still in contact with the parents, and were close to Sarah. So Rick (Dad) and Jodi (Mom) have not cut off all contact with the rebels.

Sarah was the eldest child, then John, or the other way round. Married to ? with one daughter. The fact that Rick and John seem to ignore the husband completely made me think that she was a single mom. We are speculating that the husband isn't mentioned because he is not the right kind of Christian and that Sarah had also broken free?

I wonder why John keeps harping on the fact that he was a premature baby born at 7 months? Most adults I know who were premature babies really don't bring it up unless it is relevant to the conversation. Total speculation: John was a medically fragile baby/toddler who was spoiled rotten given much attention by his parents even after he caught up with standard milestones. He doesn't look medically fragile these days.

Just an FYI: Rick has been asking for donations to help Sarah for a l-o-n-g time too and people seem to have given generously. I don't have a problem at all with asking for donations to help someone fighting a serious and terminal illness. Or in asking for donations for Sarah's family.

However, enabling Moochinary* John is a different matter. Rick using Sarah's tragic death as an opportunity to grift for John is quite mind-boggling.

*TM Apple1!

Sorry, I cannot bold on my work computer. Arrrgh.

Don't Rick and John consider the people of Zambia to be not the "right type of Christians either"? And yet - John is always calling them "precious". Hmmmm.......but somehow even though Sarah's husband Anthony may not be the right type of Christian according to the asshats, he is not even worth mentioning.

As someone with a personality disorder, I dislike having John put in the Same category. All snark aside though, I am a little uncomfortable about speculating about someone having a personality disorder that we only know over the Internet. We are not his psychiatrist or psychologist (I get those terms mixed up a lot) and I don't really like it when someone gets slapped with a label that already has a lot of stigma attached to it.

I think harping on the premie business is probably to up his cred with the anti-abortion crowd. I was only 7 months and I survived, how can they abort at 6 months?

Rick Shrader is a special kind of fool. How the hell did John become beneficiary over Sarah's child and husband? This one must have people questioning his sanity.

In Memoral.

Some have ask about flowers. There will probably be more than enough.

She so loved her big brother John,

Misdionary to Zambia. He got to be home last month to talk, pray and play the piano for her.

She wanted so much to help the Shraders and their nine children.

She once ask John, "do the children realize they could die of disease." John told her what Agape had just said. She is five.

She prayed for Aunt Sarah everyday. "Mommy, if i were to die first in Africa? would you promise me to pray for Aunt Sarah everyday.?" Thank you that support them monthly, and if you want to send something in Sarah's memory, this is the address.

Now, Im sure Sarah did have concerns about the Shraders. She once asked John " do the children realise they could die of disease". Do the children realise...in other words...how do the other people affected by this feel, brother? It isn't all about you.

I'm sure Sarah loved her brother but this, this...is mind blowing. This, her death, should have been about Sarah and Sarah's family. It should not have been another benefit for John. I can't imagine what people are thinking about Pastor Rick. " don't send flowers, give to John."

This is so sad. No five year old should be worried about dying. :cry:

If John "finally gave in to a full time ministry at 10(Possibly after 2 years of conviction by the Holy Spirit) , he (and daddy) had some weird shit going on....

marjoe.png

If John "finally gave in to a full time ministry at 10(Possibly after 2 years of conviction by the Holy Spirit) , he (and daddy) had some weird shit going on....

marjoe.png

John has yet to actually DO full-time ministry, however. Grifting he IS doing full-time. Complete with overtime. My god, he works so hard at it. He is like the queen bee of grifting. It must be so exhausting for him.

And giving one's life to full-time ministry at the ripe old age of 10 (or younger) is unfortunately not uncommon in Fundydom. Nor is "getting saved" at the age of 4 or 5.

As someone with a personality disorder, I dislike having John put in the Same category. All snark aside though, I am a little uncomfortable about speculating about someone having a personality disorder that we only know over the Internet. We are not his psychiatrist or psychologist (I get those terms mixed up a lot) and I don't really like it when someone gets slapped with a label that already has a lot of stigma attached to it.

Point taken, Trynn. And I'm sorry. I completely agree that we should not snark on personality disorders and mental illness. I also agree that PDs have extra stigma attached. It's a really tough Dx.

Having said that, I do suffer from a professional hazard because mental health terms are used a lot in my work. MSW here. I also have relatives and friends with MH diagnoses. I love them, Dx and all.

I've said this before, and I'm not snarking or diagnosing, I am just saying: some of John Shrader's behaviors as observed in his writing and videos remind me a lot of my SIL when she is off her meds.

Thinking of Esther and the kids who are being put at risk by John's behavior, I would love him to get a competent mental heath work up.

Or he could just be a selfish evil asshole!

I wasn't snarking on John having a personality disorder. I genuinely think he might, which would explain his behavior.

For the record, I have a mental illness, and come from a family with a lot of individuals with various mental illnesses. John's behavior is similar to those I know with personality disorders.

I did not intend to defend.

I wasn't snarking on John having a personality disorder. I genuinely think he might, which would explain his behavior.

For the record, I have a mental illness, and come from a family with a lot of individuals with various mental illnesses. John's behavior is similar to those I know with personality disorders.

I did not intend to defend.

OMG, anjuibai! You meant "offend" didn't you? This is what got us in trouble last time! :lol:

I really do not try to play grammar police unless I think the meaning is unintentionally skewed (or try to give hints to Sarah Maxwell.)

Hell, I should never pretend to grammar police. I rarely proof my own posts on FJ and I scatter typos, redundant commas, and spelling mistakes like confetti. I'm always embarrassed when someone quotes one of my posts and I see my own errors! :embarrassed:

OMG, anjuibai! You meant "offend" didn't you? This is what got us in trouble last time! :lol:

I really do not try to play grammar police unless I think the meaning is unintentionally skewed (or try to give hints to Sarah Maxwell.)

Hell, I should never pretend to grammar police. I rarely proof my own posts on FJ and I scatter typos, redundant commas, and spelling mistakes like confetti. I'm always embarrassed when someone quotes one of my posts and I see my own errors! :embarrassed:

LOL, I did mean offend. Hmm, lot of freudian slips happening lately, haha!

LOL, I did mean offend. Hmm, lot of freudian slips happening lately, haha!

Oh, you saw where Thoughtful called me out on those very Freudian slips. :mrgreen:

So sue me. The Maxwells are a textbook example of anal retentive!

Oh, you saw where Thoughtful called me out on those very Freudian slips. :mrgreen:

So sue me. The Maxwells are a textbook example of anal retentive!

*snort* Whole libraries could be written on the amount of crap they retain. :D

John, meanwhile, is the primary motivator of everything that has gone wrong, even if he does have his father as an example, and even if his parents' raising him affected how he turned out. He's an adult, he has the ability to choose to make his life better at this point, for himself, his wife and his children.

In case anyone is so moved... https://www.pancan.org/

These folks do a LOT of research into treatment of pancreatic cancer. Their research also helps people afflicted with chronic pancreatitis...like my husband had. IF the doctors had found cancer when they did the pancreatectomy, they were going to consult w/the PANCAN people...fortunately, there were only some precancerous cells and they got them all by doing a more radical surgery than they initially planned.

John is back to business as usual. As an afterthought to the story of losing his sister, John mentioned that Arcade also lost his 9yo niece at around the same time.

God amazingly provided through a neighbor and others for Arcade to go back to Burundi to witness to his entire family who gathered for the funeral of that niece. It is a tremendous opportunity to share the Truth when hearts are made more tender by grief.

Because nothing says, I love my family and am very grateful to be able to be here like trying to convert them to the Right Form of Christianity at the funeral of a 9yo child :roll: It is not a "tremendous opportunity" to try and convert people when they are at their lowest, it is douchey in the extreme.

In related news, John has been working for months to convert a young man named Handia. After losing his brother to a drowning accident when he was a child, Handia struggled with different religious beliefs and was very depressed about his lack of answers. Notice how all of John's victims converts seem to have experienced some kind of trauma before John reaches them to show them the Truth? John Shrader is a spiritual predator.

He was also able to reach a man named Julias, and convince him to travel for hours just to hear John preach:

After reading the tract he was given, Julias immediately called me and got directions to where our church meets. I didn't grasp at the time that he lives in Matero, which is North of the Capitol city of Lusaka, and his trip to our church took him more than three hours by minibus! At last he arrived. What a precious hunger and determination to hear the Truth! The amazing "rest of the story" is how our dear friend Justin has started a Bible Study and desires to plant a church in...if ask places...Matero!!!! That is so God!!!!!

I think we're really going to see him play up his numbers with regard to converts. 2 people in 9 months was probably not cutting it with the old church, but now he gets to start with a clean slate. PRAISE!

Rick has a new post up explaining Sarah's final hours. He even takes a jab at the old sending church in Washington state. Bastard.

Rick has a new post up explaining Sarah's final hours. He even takes a jab at the old sending church in Washington state. Bastard.

You know, I want to feel for Rick because I can't imagine anything worse than losing your child. But I don't feel anything when I read what he writes except confusion :? He claims he's going to share a "very special story" about Sarah, but what follows is just...word salad. It's like the male version of Taryn, right down to offering the prices of random items.

IDK, maybe he is more coherent when he's not dealing with such a terrible loss, but the scattered writing seems odd from a pastor with a long career. And his favoritism toward John is really off-putting.

Archived