IGNORED

LDS Dating website wants women to be "hot n ready" tonight

goldbu

This website has been doing this 30 Days of Love Challenge thing leading up to Valentine's Day. Every day you're supposed to do a prescribed date/event for your "sweetie." Today's "date" just takes the cake. It's a date pairing Little Caesar's pizza with lingerie. Because nothing says sexy like a $5 pizza. I can't even.

thedatingdivas.com/tara/divas30daylovechallenge-day-20/

And you can't forget the free printable invitation!

thedatingdivas.com/wp-content/uploads/Becca-Hot-N-Ready-Printable.pdf

I was showing some of the other dates to my husband who made the comment "Mormon women make really good high school girlfriends." He then went on to say that some of these things he would have though were neat when he was 16, but now he would internally roll his eyes if I did them for him.

WTF did I just read? Day 12. Give your "sweetheart" a fruit basket with a stupid tag on it that says "Orange you glad you picked me?"

For adults? My sweetheart would think I lost my damn mind.

Day 9 go through a bookstore on a scavenger hunt? :roll:

Yup. That was one that stuck out to me and Mr. Goldbu. Before we had kids we used to go to the local Barnes and Noble, get a drink from the Starbucks, and look at (and buy) books/magazines. It was fun and relaxing. When I saw that one of the dates was a bookstore "date" I thought "well, now that could be fun. We used to do that back in the day." Then I saw that there was a scavenger hunt attached to it. WTH? Again, we're not teenagers...

Half of those girls probably got married as teenagers, or very early 20's and are still stuck in that emotional age.

Half of those girls probably got married as teenagers, or very early 20's and are still stuck in that emotional age.

That's a possibility, as Mormons do tend to get married younger than most people, as premarital sex is seen as the sin almost as bad as murder. They're also not able to experience adult things like R rated movies, reading any book they want, or having adult beverages once they're of legal drinking age. Even something like having coffee is seen as bad.

Non-Mormon adults who might go to a bookstore would get something from the Starbucks or cafe inside the store, and use the time browsing and buying books as a way to relax, without some scavenger hunt.

We'd both laugh at the "Orange you glad you picked me" fruit basket. Plus bonus fruit!

That website is HARD to read. I had to give up. Too much colors and fun typefaces. All things I like individually, not so much when it's centered and hash-tagged.

I think what bothers me more is that each challenge tells them to take a photo and put it on instagram with a hashtag. Where's the brain bleach? Eww.

Day 1 - getting to know your spouse questionarie....ummm what ? :? Thought you should already know what they like.

Little Caesar's pizza is sexy? Maybe it is to some people, but only until your sweetie gets the runs.

Exactly!! My sisters and I have been cracking up over the whole "hot n ready" thing for a few weeks now (ever since I first saw the list of "dates.")

Sister 1: Last time we got a hot n ready, (husband) and I both ended up on the toilet all night. If there was a mood to kill, it was dead.

Sister 2: I can just see it: (From the bathroom) "Just a minute hun. I'm still hot 'n ready!"

Day 1 - getting to know your spouse questionarie....ummm what ? :? Thought you should already know what they like.

Sweet Joseph Smith, that thing is 67 questions! Some of these I don't even know for myself. My favorite gum? Would I rather live without teeth or hair? So romantic.

I told my sweetheart that tomorrow's Love Challenge is writing on his car. He was not amused. #failinglovechallenge

I am divided on whether to give them kudos for doing their own version of keeping things "alive" but yes, some of it is very juvenile. But is that part of the whole purity culture? for instance, when they featured 12 different countries for date nights, my mind didn't go to corny movies on the couch. I envisioned a "French" weekend, a ""Greek" Weekend, pulling out the Kama Sutra for the India weekend and at least looking at some Shibari for Japanese weekend.....

But-- the blogger said her husband married at 20 (as did I) however, I had been to a toga party in college, with my husband, so there was not need to do one for just us two and a toddler (as pictured on the blog) later.

I even understand the trying to have fun on zero real budget... I've done "staycation weekends" and it is hard to keep them from sounding lame, even if they are fun. If this works for this blogger and her followers, then good for her and them. I guess we never had to try this hard to have fun...

Sometimes lame can be cheesy fun, especially if you're broke. Out of all the bizarro things fundamentalists do, at least this has them trying to be good for themselves and each other. I can't do anything but root for more of that.

These date ideas would be annoying to me, but I don't know that it's 100% fair to assume a connect between silly, juvenile dates and an emotionally immature person. For some, that might be true, but I have some friends who, in their mid-20s, celebrated every month's "anniversary" for their first year together. That TOTALLY seems like a junior high thing to me, but they are capable adults and it worked for them. On the other side of the spectrum, I'm pretty sure the boyfriend doesn't even know our anniversary and wouldn't celebrate it at all if it weren't for me insisting we go out for dinner. Just not his style. But yet, one year I celebrated his favorite holiday by getting him little (often silly) gifts for the twelve days approaching said holiday, and he loved it even though it was TOTALLY a junior high move.

I wrote "I love you" on my wife's car in my lipstick when we were first dating. Do you have any idea how hard that stuff is to get off? Yeah...never again.

In addition, I do not need a 67 page questionnaire to get to "know" her, as I wouldn't have married her if I didn't already know her! Plus, we have a lifetime together why would I want to know all those things now? Where's the fun, surprise, and spontaneity in that?

Oh - and lastly, they can keep all the LC's to themselves! Gross!!

So, I appreciate the sentiments behind this however I think these wives should try thinking up some fun dates for themselves instead of following some lame internet "love challenge". JMHO

So did anyone write Go Defense I Love You on their sweetheart's car!?

Oh no. When I showed that idea to my husband he very kindly requested that I NEVER write anything on his car, especially at work. He would never hear the end of it if his coworkers saw it.

#1) My comment is awaiting moderation:

I had no idea a pizza has to be specifically from Little Caesars to be hot. *rolls eyes*

Know what's sexier? Getting pizza crust and toppings, and making a pizza together while wearing nothing but aprons. My husband likes it when I have on pearls and heels and pretend there's nothing out of the ordinary. Drives him wild.

Somehow I think going to Little Caesars loses the effect And what does Little Caesar's have to offer that another pizza place doesn't?

#2) I personally don't have any problem digesting Little Caesar's, McDonald's, Taco Smell, or anything else.

#1) My comment is awaiting moderation:

I had no idea a pizza has to be specifically from Little Caesars to be hot. *rolls eyes*

Know what's sexier? Getting pizza crust and toppings, and making a pizza together while wearing nothing but aprons. My husband likes it when I have on pearls and heels and pretend there's nothing out of the ordinary. Drives him wild.

Somehow I think going to Little Caesars loses the effect And what does Little Caesar's have to offer that another pizza place doesn't?

#2) I personally don't have any problem digesting Little Caesar's, McDonald's, Taco Smell, or anything else.

I think they used Little Ceasers because their tag line is " hot n ready" -- because they always have pizza ready for pick up without ordering ahead.

[M]y husband...made the comment "Mormon women make really good high school girlfriends." He then went on to say that some of these things he would have though were neat when he was 16, but now he would internally roll his eyes if I did them for him.

Mr. G nailed it. His comment sums up how I've always felt about those Mormon wife/mommy blogs, but couldn't put into words.

"Aren't mormons precious?" was my husband's comment. And honestly if you need to fill out a long ass survey post marriage about what your spouse likes, what does that say for the state of said marriage? :pink-shock:

Archived