IGNORED

Cocktails/Mocktails!

whoviana

What is your favorite?

I'll be most likely enjoying HOT combos of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages along with some family members, even though this topic should have been launched out featuring something that you might enjoy on the beach or by the poolside.

I don't know how to make them fancy looking, not just yet.

These images have been circulating on the internet and they look pretty appetizing. I mean, alluring or whatever you call sexy and yummy looking drinks and shots.

incrediblethings.com/food/disney-princess-cocktails/

But for the next two-ish weeks it will be most likely hot cocoa, coffee liquor or peach brandy or marshmallow vodka and a lot of whipped cream on top.

divinecaroline.com/lifestyle/food-drink/ten-winter-cocktails-cold-nights?page=1

I gravitate toward wine-based cocktails, rather than drinks made solely of the distilled stuff, because I am a lightweight. I'm particularly fond of

French 75 (preferably made with gin)

Kir

Gin and tonic, heavy on the tonic, or subbing ginger ale for tonic. (I love the bottle of gin I have, but it is going to outlive me.)

Very tiny sidecars

I would like to try a hard cider sangria.

• 2 weeks later...

Vodka or gin in San Pellegrino Limonata is about the extent of my cocktail drinking. I also enjoy hot chocolate with a spike of Bailey's or Amaretto, but I don't think it can be classified as a cocktail.

Wine is a staight up beverage for me, I don't drink it mixed with anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually drink simple, classic cocktails like sidecars, daiquiris, margaritas, caipirinhas, or limoncello. In the summer, I make sangria to use up leftover wine. I really love ice tea spiked with peach schnapps, Chambord, or Grand Marnier.

Moscow Mules, but I like a simple vodka tonic or a mojito as well.

I discovered Moonshine Cherries in Gatlinburg TN a few years ago (and some local stores here carry them); my favorite summer drink is about 6 of these in a Coke (ok, diet Pepsi).

on a normal day, I favor a dry red wine.

Mr CatLady "found" a bottle of vodka in the basement fridge--neither of us remembers who bought it--and I had seen a magazine article on soaking crushed basil leaves in vodka. let it sit for about 3 days, strain out the leaves and combine with basic mixers like tonic or simple syrup. there's just a hint of basil, but it's a nice drink over ice.

Simple dry gin/vodka cocktails for me. I find the alcohol content warming in winter, even if they are served on the rocks. :dance:

• 3 months later...

Today I tried Campari and orange juice for the first time and it was nice. I normally dislike Campari but mixed with orange it tasted just like grapefruit juice.

Our family's fourth of July cookout tomorrow will also be a birthday party for my aunt who doesn't drink, so I'm infusing a watermelon mint shrub for a refreshing mocktail.

Archived