IGNORED

Doug Phillips' cult is far from done

MamaJunebug

A young woman known by "Bethany" met a young man in a Christian organization at college and they were mutually attracted immediately. Along the way, he helped her get an A in a tough class, and to thank him, she remembered that he'd said his family almost never had money to eat out at a nice place, so she invited him to dinner.

They went out, he insisted on paying, they were obviously in love, and for all intents and purposes were engaged to be married.

Then his parents - devoted disciples of Doug Phillips' Vision Forum cult, got involved. Long story short, the young couple didn't make it. Bethany is recovering, but her ex ... well, read for yourself, if you wish:

Almost trapped .... trapped.

Bethany was almost trapped -- her ex, his parents and siblings, not so lucky.

As Julie Anne at SSB points out, Dougie is now a member-in-good-standing of a non-family-integrated church, and who knows what forces he is marshaling for a return to wholesale deception.

He's quiet, but he's not gone away. He'll never go away. He and his foul cronies in patriarchialism and theonomy must be monitored and brought to light and disputed.

formergothardite

Doug the Tool, much like Bill Gothard, will never truly go away. They will always be in the shadows coming up with a new scheme.

Wow, congratulations to 'Bethany' for getting away even though her former patriarchal boyfriend pretty much stalked her. How disturbing.

It's true these ideas will just keep resurfacing... the men who crave control and the women who want to dominate behind the scenes just haven't learned from being damaged, themselves or their children. It's going to take the next generation to really step away, imo.

And these men like RC Sproul Jr. and DPIATAR might come back with even worse ideas - polygamy maybe.

post-10046-1445199991909_thumb.jpg

ETA: Credit to Thoughtful for the meme, from here: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=21372&start=160#p715110

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• K'Z'K

K'Z'K

Anyone know how to disguise a webcam?
      I have to start looking for a real job now that I'm vaccinated and the end of the pandemic is a possibility, and that will likely mean Zoom. With video. I'm camera-phobic (I'm fine taking pictures, but I cannot have one pointed at me). I just tried looking for webcams on Amazon and basically had a panic attack and breakdown just looking at pictures of those evil things. Actually having one pointed at me, recording and transmitting . . . no. I can't. It's not nervousness. It's not mere camera shyness. It's a true phobia, though there is apparently no official name for it.
      I have avoided Zoom and its ilk so far (my family was all into Zoom meetings this time last year, but I started with audio-only, then said no entirely), but it's all the rage and likely will be for a long time, if not forever. So I'll need to suck it up and get a webcam. Maybe if it's covered up like a nannycam I can force myself to use it without having a total breakdown. It also needs to be easy to disconnect and shove in a drawer because I can't have one where I can see it, even shut off, unplugged, and covered.
      So . . . any suggestions for webcam disguises? One already non-camera-looking would be best, but an appropriate cover could work. The tricky part is that the lens must be covered as much as possible. Can I use an actual nannycam for this?
      Please do not suggest "therapy" for my phobia. That is not an option for many reasons, which I will not get into here.
      · 3 replies
    • Marly

Marly

Happy international weed day to my fellow mary jane loving/enjoying FJ'ers 

I usually only smoke weed on Friday evening and Saturday evening, but I will be making an exception for today. The weather is lovely and I am off work at 15:00, so then I'll be sitting in the sun on my balcony, listening to some good music and  
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

I know it's almost over but Happy National Cat Lady Day 2021! 
      (And I would request all cat people show us your furry ones).
      · 0 replies
    • neurogirl

neurogirl

The jury in the Chauvin (George Floyd) trial is sequestered in deliberations as of today. I live in Minneapolis now and the edge in the city is palpable, especially after another police shooting here LAST WEEK. Went to our nearby Target today (the one that was destroyed last summer) and the National Guard is already in the parking lot. If the verdict is not guilty or manslaughter...it's gonna be crazy.
      · 1 reply
    • SPHASH

SPHASH

RIP Walter Mondale.  Best presidential candidate never elected.

· 1 reply
    • Alisamer

Alisamer

I thought you were never supposed to forget how to ride a bike! My brain remembers, but my body? Not so much. I think I'm going to go to the cemetery to practice - long flat smooth roads with very few people. I'll wave at grandma and grandpa like I used to do when we rode bikes around and around at their house.
      · 0 replies
    • purple_summer

purple_summer

The second Covid shot is no joke. 
      · 5 replies
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

I thought I found the part I need for my car on O'Reilly Auto Parts' website, but it looks like I can't get it at this time. 
      (Please, please, please, please, please click the link! The joke only works if you see it. I promise it really is the auto parts site! )
      For those who can't or won't click:

· 2 replies
    • Cartmann99

Cartmann99

A few weeks ago, I was telling @HerNameIsBuffy about the generously sized single carrot I received from Imperfect Foods. Well, today I got two more monsters in my box. I ordered a pound of carrots and a pound of sweet potatoes, and this is what they gave me:

At its widest point, the sweet potato is nine inches in diameter, while the carrot tops out at seven and three-quarter inches. I kinda feel bad about my plans to eat them, as these two are definitely large enough to pursue careers in the adult film industry.
      · 4 replies
    • Bethella

Bethella

Fuck. Both of my interns are in quarantine. One is positive, the other is a close contact (her exposure was from her roommate, not the other intern). I know six other people who are or were sick within the last month and at least four other people who've had to quarantine after close contact. Things were supposed to be getting better. 😷

· 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.