IGNORED

Maxwell Manly Man Work Party!

Clutched Pearls

blog.titus2.com/2015/02/01/a-maxwell-guy-work-party/

Forgive me if this has already been posted.

You guys! The there was a sheet-rocking party at Joseph's house. Some highlights according to Sarah:

(a) Joseph invited his brothers and Dad; (b) they accepted his invitation; © they showed up at varying intervals based on their work commitments on the specified evening; (d) the work commenced; (e) fellowship ensued; (f) pizza arrived; (g) and the job was finished.

Some kids also showed up and wrote on the sheetrock and someone brought oreos. It's unknown if any bottles of Pepsi were popped open at this event.

Someone tell those crazy Maxhellian party animals to chill out!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pizza! Oreos! Did every have to split an Oreo and share? It is really hard to make sure the cream is evenly split between the two halves.

They went to Joseph's house, not Joseph and Elissa (sp??).... :roll:

The Maxwell family is a closed system - closed, and patriarchal. Any woman unfortunate enough to marry into it will forever be viewed as peripheral. It's quite telling, but not at all surprising, that they continue to see the house as "Joseph's."

A sheet-rock party? :evil-eye:

...so all of a sudden, the Maxwells have to start labeling work projects as "parties" so that the work can get done. There was pizza and Oreos. Seems that even the Maxwells don't do anything for each other without at least some small enticement.

Also, Sarah, ditch the flower headbands. Your under-10 nieces are all wearing them, too. That's a sign you need to stop.

/On another note, I think Bethany really looks like Sarah here, but it might just be her expression.

Yep, that sure looks like it was one rip-snorting party, alright!

I'm so glad Sarah mentioned that they fellowshipped. I would have wondered if they didn't had she not said they did. Phew!

Yep, that sure looks like it was one rip-snorting party, alright!

I'm so glad Sarah mentioned that they fellowshipped. I would have wondered if they didn't had she not said they did. Phew!

WHY do they always have to fellowship? Can't they just talk to each other? Carry on a conversation? A discussion? The use of the word fellowship drives me nuts. It is even starting to bother me when it is used appropriately. The Maxwells always "enjoy fellowship." Doesn't matter if it is just the family, or even just two members of the family, they fellowship!

WHY do they always have to fellowship? Can't they just talk to each other? Carry on a conversation? A discussion? The use of the word fellowship drives me nuts. It is even starting to bother me when it is used appropriately. The Maxwells always "enjoy fellowship." Doesn't matter if it is just the family, or even just two members of the family, they fellowship!

Just imagine if Sarah replaced "fellowship" with "talking to" in her posts. Life in Maxhell would sound even more boring & dreadful.

A-FUCKING-MEN!

She uses "fellowship" so much I'm not even sure what she means by it anymore. From what I can tell fellowship is anything that involves 2 or more people in the same room at the same time.

A-FUCKING-MEN!

She uses "fellowship" so much I'm not even sure what she means by it anymore. From what I can tell fellowship is anything that involves 2 or more people in the same room at the same time.

Yeah, I've never really been clear on what "fellowship" is. I always assumed it required talking bout Jesus, but lately I'm not so sure.

It's kind of like how fundies use the word "ministry" to mean just about anything, including business ventures.

They keep using those words. I don't think they mean what fundies think they mean.

Yeah, I've never really been clear on what "fellowship" is. I always assumed it required talking bout Jesus, but lately I'm not so sure.

It's kind of like how fundies use the word "ministry" to mean just about anything, including business ventures.

They keep using those words. I don't think they mean what fundies think they mean.

Fellowship is basically visiting with one another. At my church we have what we call a "fellowship hall" which is a large room with tables and chairs where you can sit and visit. After church we have "coffee hour" where we meet in the "fellowship hall", drink coffee and eats treats. In fact we call it anything from visiting to shooting the bull. Once in a while we call it fellowshipping.

I have always been under the distinct impression that 'fellowshipping' refers to discussion about the bible, one's spiritual life/health, and/or prayer time. Basically any type of small gathering that discusses any number of religious subjects, usually of a positive and uplifting nature. If I'm not mistaken, the idea is to build a better relationship with both God and others at the same time.

I was not, however, aware that 'fellowshipping' refers to just hanging out with your Christian friends. If I'm playing Battleship or watching Guardians of the Galaxy with a friend, that is not fellowshipping. If we are having a bible study together, or are discussing our spiritual struggles, that is.

Isn't fellowship a noun? e.g. "The Fellowship of the Ring," "[insert city here] bible fellowship," "The fellowship of [insert topic here]"

I wonder why I didn't just look it up.

These posts make me sad. DYI posts CAN be interesting. Talk about the methods you used, where you bought the supplies, how much it cost, how long it took to install, why you had kids write their names on the sheetrock... anything. I don't care that much about home remodels when it's for vanity purposes, like the stuff on TV, but posts on the internet about how to do things like this can be interesting. This post by Sarah Maxwell was not interesting in the least. I don't think she actually enjoys writing.

Isn't fellowship a noun? e.g. "The Fellowship of the Ring," "[insert city here] bible fellowship," "The fellowship of [insert topic here]"

I wonder why I didn't just look it up.

These posts make me sad. DYI posts CAN be interesting. Talk about the methods you used, where you bought the supplies, how much it cost, how long it took to install, why you had kids write their names on the sheetrock... anything. I don't care that much about home remodels when it's for vanity purposes, like the stuff on TV, but posts on the internet about how to do things like this can be interesting. This post by Sarah Maxwell was not interesting in the least. I don't think she actually enjoys writing.

But she doesn't have much more going on in her life. She fills a hole in his father's business - children's books. The godly kind. *whatever.

It was until the Christians spun it into a verb. It's part of their secret handshake Christianese language.

Seriously -- Google "Christianese" -- many funny videos on this topic on You Tube.

I'm dying to know what Jesus thought of their sheetrocking adventures. (Because that's what you talk about while fellowshipping at your brother's house following sheetrockage, no? What Jesus thought of it? Also, his favorite pizza toppings and whether or not the Birthday Cake Oreos would be accepted at the last supper?)

I'm dying to know what Jesus thought of their sheetrocking adventures. (Because that's what you talk about while fellowshipping at your brother's house following sheetrockage, no? What Jesus thought of it? Also, his favorite pizza toppings and whether or not the Birthday Cake Oreos would be accepted at the last supper?)

I think Jesus would say "Hey, you know that homeless guy you passed on the way back from picking up pizza? It was me, and even though I had a sign out saying I was in need, you still didn't stop. When I was the least of us, you ignored me. When you got home, you prayed to thank me before eating. You also prayed thanks for your family putting up walls in a spare room in your new home, but have you given thought to the others that don't have any food or shelter to be thankful for?"

I wonder how much prayer this sheetrocking adventure required. Growing up IFB, every fucking thing required prayer. On planet Maxwell, probably moreso.

Prayer when the "Lord" laid it on Steve's heart to begin a sheetrocking project

Prayer before driving to JOSEPH'S house to sheetrock, for a safe journey

Prayer before sheetrocking began, for safety and wisdom

Prayer for the sheetrock to have an open heart and wisdom for the Maxwell family as they witnessed to it (hey, it's the Maxwell's - I put nothing past them)

Prayer mid-sheetrocking just because

Prayer when they stopped for pizza and Oreos, for the Lord to bless their food

Prayer for the delivery driver's salvation, in case they had pizza delivered

Prayer after the sheetrocking was completed, in thankfulness for the awesomeness of being Maxwells and for the sweet time of fellowship

Prayer before leaving JOSEPH's house, for a safe journey home

Prayer when said safe journey home was completed

Nice unfinished basement space. Looks like a fireplace room and then there is already a shower in a future full bath?

So glad the Maxwell men were able to gather for fellowship & a work project. Since they have no other friends, its important that they see each other as often as possible. And well, pizza.

In Southern Baptist-ese, fellowship = FOOD, always. Usually delicious high-calorie food and lots of it. One slice of pizza and a half an Oreo each doesn't cut it. Get with the program, Maxwells.

They went to Joseph's house, not Joseph and Elissa (sp??).... :roll:

Maybe they're considering the possibility Elissa may die in childbirth, since she's probably going to experience it way more than the average, and possibly without the benefit of a hospital...Or that she will perish whilst trying to summit a mountain on a breakfast of little more than a Maxburrito and a lettuce leaf or two...

The big question is: Was the pizza delivered? I certainly hope so because if it wasn't, Teri might not have been able to refrain from sinning by reminding Steve that it needed to be picked up.

The big question is: Was the pizza delivered? I certainly hope so because if it wasn't, Teri might not have been able to refrain from sinning by reminding Steve that it needed to be picked up.

"Pizza arrived". Leaves so many questions!

Archived