IGNORED

The snoozefest that is the new season synopsis

eh02

I am assuming if there was any other really big announcement coming (like a courtship) it would have been hinted here, so my expectations are now at an all-time low that it's going to be as miserable and predictable as we all feared...

From the Duggar Family Blog:

"Last season, Jim Bob and Michelle proudly gave Jill away to Derick Dillard. Now, Jill starts her life as a wife and quickly finds out that she is expecting. From ultrasounds to birthing classes, follow Jill and Derick on their journey to parenthood, and join the entire Duggar clan for the gender reveal of Baby Dilly. When the newlyweds decides to host the youngest Duggar daughters for a sleepover, they get a taste of what parenthood will really be like.

The family also prepares for a second Duggar daughter to say “I Do.†In November 2014, viewers followed along with Jessa as she embarked on a scavenger hunt engagement planned by Ben Seewald. In the upcoming season, keep up with Jessa and Ben as they head to the altar. When the future Mr. and Mrs. Seewald decide to save money for a romantic honeymoon, it’s all about pinching pennies on the wedding. With a guest list of over 1000 people, Jessa and Ben must plan their dream wedding on a shoestring budget. From budgeting to bridesmaid attire, Jessa knows what she wants but has less than three months to pull it off. And when the future Seewalds tour their soon-to-be home, a little mold may turn into a big problem.

The DC-based Duggars are also loving life on the East Coast. With Marcus almost 2-years-old, Josh and Anna are hoping to grow their family. And there is plenty of big family fun back in Arkansas as Jim Bob and Michelle cherish each moment with the kids still at home."

:|

pinching pennies for a honeymoon that is completely paid for because it was filmed

yes I totally believe that till the cows come home

and mold in a kitchen - no wonder they did redid the kitchen

that episode where they discover the mold should be the most interesting of the season - I look forward to that episode immensely :nenner: :nenner: :nenner:

TLC released a teaser for the new season on Friday: http://www.duggars.tumblr.com/post/1096 ... post-notes

Will Joseph going to college be featured on this season? I'm surprised that Digger Family Blog didn't mention it.

I do find it interesting that TLC hasn't released episode descriptions or titles. We usually get a few episode titles/synopsis weeks before the show premieres.

ETA: I did see that the first episode is called "Jill's Secret"

Yea cause Jill doesn't already know what parenthood is going to be like and Derick would totally get a sense of it from borrowing someone else's kids for a single night....

pinching pennies for a honeymoon that is completely paid for because it was filmed

yes I totally believe that till the cows come home

and mold in a kitchen - no wonder they did redid the kitchen

that episode where they discover the mold should be the most interesting of the season - I look forward to that episode immensely :nenner: :nenner: :nenner:

As soon as I saw the mold thing...definitely my first thought was "oh, so that's going to be their excuse for putting in a new, huge, beautiful, expensive kitchen." :roll:

The whole penny pinching nonsense is just ridiculous. We all know there's no shortage of money available for an event that will make TLC TONS of money. And on top of that, if they REALLY wanted to save money? Maybe try not inviting 1000 people.

As soon as I saw the mold thing...definitely my first thought was "oh, so that's going to be their excuse for putting in a new, huge, beautiful, expensive kitchen." :roll:

The whole penny pinching nonsense is just ridiculous. We all know there's no shortage of money available for an event that will make TLC TONS of money. And on top of that, if they REALLY wanted to save money? Maybe try not inviting 1000 people.

I love love your post

and it is totally just a schmaltzy sticke (sp) this penny pinching nonsense :D we know you have money blah :D

but how many days until the mold episode - does Ben find the mold - does Jessa make her mold face?? Will jessa dirty her hands :D

the questions :D :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

ooh I knew there was a reason I was looking forward to the season - but they didn't tell me it was going to be ABOUT MOLD :D

TLC pays for the stuff, so TLC can film and make more money....and throw a few bones JB's way.

I used to say that sooner or later one of the Gosselin parents was going to attempt to sue TLC for exploiting them.

If you want to get married on a shoestring budget then don't invite 1000 people. If you can host 1000 people then honeymoon in Paris, please tell me your definition of "shoestring".

Sounds like it's going to be a very boring season except for maybe the mold issue.

My guess is TLC says they will contribute $X (and I can't even begin to imagine how much that would be) and the couples have a bit of say in how they want to use it.

One thing's for certain - Jim Bob did not pay for a trip to Paris on his own dime. And it's not like they were staying in a hostel, eating peanut butter sandwiches they made in their room, you know? :roll: They were probably in a beautiful, private hotel. Their vacation budget was probably as high as some people's entire wedding budgets, and that's them pretending to "penny pinch."

Jessa's gown alone runs about $1500 if I remember right (I looked it up back when we first saw it). Which, of course, is fine - and still may be a lot less than some women pay - but give us a break with the "penny pinching" BS!!! Pretty much the only parts that seems low budget are the awful, half-assed food they inflicted on the guests, and the cheap dresses they made the bridesmaids wear.

I envision a lot of pouting and eyebrow raising from Jessa and Ben looking at her like he might cry

because I guarantee you we will see JB give them a "TALK " about finances in the first couple of episodes

then the "penny pinching will start" :wink-kitty:

From ultrasounds to birthing classes, follow Jill and Derick on their journey to parenthood, and join the entire Duggar clan for the gender reveal of Baby Dilly.

Shouldn't someone who seriously trained for midwifery not be in need of birthing classes? Also SEX-reveal. Sex and gender aren't always the same.

When the newlyweds decides to host the youngest Duggar daughters for a sleepover, they get a taste of what parenthood will really be like.

Oh! I didn't realize I could care for the kids overnight, and have the comfort of knowing I can send them away in the morning! Who the fuck thinks babysitting overnight is at all like parenthood? Tat's as stupid as saying watching my girls for the week while their dad is on a business trip gave me a taste of single motherhood, or of being a military wife with a deployed husband.

Also this is really belittling to the work Jill did growing up, She's literally raised a few kids from infancy already. She knows.

it’s all about pinching pennies on the wedding. With a guest list of over 1000 people, Jessa and Ben must plan their dream wedding on a shoestring budget.

Their budget wasn't shoestring. They just decided to stretch it to cover more people. My wedding had a nice sit-down dinner at a really nice restaurant that people wear suits to on regular days of he week (the place is a step away from requiring suits, it's that formal), and we had 100 people. It cost less than Jessa's wedding, and wasn't shoestring. I think that just shows how out of touch they are with reality. A couple grand is more shoestring. Stretching $15k or whatever (costs include dresses and jewelry) isn't shoestring just because it means an average of $15 per person (less after dress, but still).

as Jim Bob and Michelle cherish each moment with the kids still at home.

Excuse me while I go to the emergency room. I think I laughed my way into a hernia. I'm only kidding on the ER part. I really think I did just get a hernia laughing, and shit it hurts.

Sounds like it's going to be a very boring season except for maybe the mold issue.

Poor Jana will probably have to clean it up and it's not even her house!

Jim Bob and Michelle cherish nothing aside from newborns and cash. Oh, and Jill might be taking birthing classes for the same reason Michelle did with her last three pregnancies-it'll be a refresher. Plus, midwives know how to deliver a baby and the mechanics of it all, but you don't know what it's like to have a baby until you have one. At least, I assume so. I wouldn't know.

Shouldn't someone who seriously trained for midwifery not be in need of birthing classes? Also SEX-reveal. Sex and gender aren't always the same.

Oh! I didn't realize I could care for the kids overnight, and have the comfort of knowing I can send them away in the morning! Who the fuck thinks babysitting overnight is at all like parenthood? Tat's as stupid as saying watching my girls for the week while their dad is on a business trip gave me a taste of single motherhood, or of being a military wife with a deployed husband.

Also this is really belittling to the work Jill did growing up, She's literally raised a few kids from infancy already. She knows.

Their budget wasn't shoestring. They just decided to stretch it to cover more people. My wedding had a nice sit-down dinner at a really nice restaurant that people wear suits to on regular days of he week (the place is a step away from requiring suits, it's that formal), and we had 100 people. It cost less than Jessa's wedding, and wasn't shoestring. I think that just shows how out of touch they are with reality. A couple grand is more shoestring. Stretching $15k or whatever (costs include dresses and jewelry) isn't shoestring just because it means an average of $15 per person (less after dress, but still).

Excuse me while I go to the emergency room. I think I laughed my way into a hernia. I'm only kidding on the ER part. I really think I did just get a hernia laughing, and shit it hurts.

Honestly, I'm okay with it being called a gender reveal instead of a sex reveal for the sole reason that any time I hear "sex reveal," I imagine some kind of orgy deal going on. Lol

Um, yeah, if Jill is a MW, she shouldn't need birthing classes. But maybe they're for Derick?? Oh wait, they're for TLC. Remember, even JB and J'chelle went to a birthing class when they were pregnant with Jordyn. (Not Josie .. or was it Josie? I don't think there was enough time with Josie. Or maybe it was Josie and they went with Josh and Anna .. Either way, they went, too, when it was obviously just staged for the cameras. Fucking TLC

As far as gosselins go, Kate will never sue bc she's still milking them for money. And she clearly needs it since she has no actual income and the private school she sent (or still sends?) her kids to starts at $15k a year per child, and you don't get it back just bc they were kicked out. She needs the connections TLC affords her. And Jon has been so demonized by everyone that he won't risk further mud slinging. He's trying to move on with life.

Um, yeah, if Jill is a MW, she shouldn't need birthing classes. But maybe they're for Derick?? Oh wait, they're for TLC. Remember, even JB and J'chelle went to a birthing class when they were pregnant with Jordyn. (Not Josie .. or was it Josie? I don't think there was enough time with Josie. Or maybe it was Josie and they went with Josh and Anna .. Either way, they went, too, when it was obviously just staged for the cameras. Fucking TLC

As far as gosselins go, Kate will never sue bc she's still milking them for money. And she clearly needs it since she has no actual income and the private school she sent (or still sends?) her kids to starts at $15k a year per child, and you don't get it back just bc they were kicked out. She needs the connections TLC affords her. And Jon has been so demonized by everyone that he won't risk further mud slinging. He's trying to move on with life.

Give it time-

So do you think this season will include an announcement from Jessa?

I'm telling you, they will not wait that long. They're going to announce right before the new season starts and right before that People magazine cover of all three pregnant hits shelves.

Of course, if that doesn't happen, then nst is right. They'll announce right after Bin turns 20

Jill said in an interview that part of the reason is so that she and Derick could go through the learning process together. She gave an example of asking either her doctor or midwife to stop glossing over terms and details about her pregnancy because she wanted her husband to understand what was going on even, if she knew a lot of the information already. I think it's sweet how involved Derick want to be during her pregnancy. He better enjoy it while he can, lol.

I hope we get to see footage of the Derick and Jill's personal 'video diary' that was mentioned in earlier articles. Supposedly TLC gave them their own camera so they could document her pregnancy without the film crew being present. I'm pretty sure I saw a tripod in their living room in the sneak peak for next season (one where they're hosting the party for the little girls). It'll be interesting to see if Derick and Jill act any differently when they're by themselves and not surrounded by her parents or 6 camera guys. Will we see them be all lovey-dovey and pack on all the kisses and front-hugging? Derick cradling Jill's pregnant belly as he sings nursery rhymes to his baby? Or will we just get endless footage of them sitting around the dining room table reading the bible and praying God for all their blessings? (That actually wouldn't surprise me, heh).

[quote="Yoshimi"

I hope we get to see footage of the Derick and Jill's personal 'video diary' that was mentioned in earlier articles. Supposedly TLC gave them their own camera so they could document her pregnancy without the film crew being present. I'm pretty sure I saw a tripod in their living room in the sneak peak for next season (one where they're hosting the party for the little girls). It'll be interesting to see if Derick and Jill act any differently when they're by themselves and not surrounded by her parents or 6 camera guys. Will we see them be all lovey-dovey and pack on all the kisses and front-hugging? Derick cradling Jill's pregnant belly as he sings nursery rhymes to his baby? Or will we just get endless footage of them sitting around the dining room table reading the bible and praying God for all their blessings? (That actually wouldn't surprise me, heh).

Archived