IGNORED

Abortion is like Auschwitz

dairyfreelife

Time to invoke Godwin's law!

jessconnell.com/20-ways-abortion-is-like-auschwitz/

Humans, deemed less than humans, are being systematically murdered.

The people who live around these killing centers often know what’s happening there, but choose to believe the less insidious reasons. (“It’s a holding place for political criminals.†— “They provide healthcare for disadvantaged women.â€)

There is psychological damage for both the living victims, as well as the perpetrators.

The people going into these killing centers are lied to in order to get them there. (Auschwitz: “You are being transferred to a different neighborhood.†Abortion: “It’s just tissue.â€)

Talk about misinformed.

This is such a hot-button for me, guaranteed to make my blood pressure rise.

LET GO THE ABORTION-HOLOCAUST COMPARISON.

It makes me want to punch babies. Why oh why oh God-lovin, for-freaks-sake WHY won't some Christians just let this go?

Abortions are NOT LIKE THE HOLOCAUST. Stop saying it is. This is so utterly disrespectful to Holocaust victims, survivors, and their descendants.

Abortion does not even fit the broad meaning of the word holocaust - a large scale event outside the control of an individual. A tsunami, an earthquake, a dictator come to power hellbent on eradicating certain peoples.

Abortion is a personal, individual decision. This is not China, no one is forcing any woman to abort at any time ever. It is ALWAYS a FREE CHOICE, at least in this country.

Step 1: Tell false-equivalence spouting fuckwits about Gisella Pearl

Step 2: Allow brain to short circuit

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

I think Dr. Perl's story will be lost on anyone who writes that abortion is like Auschwitz. Okay I can see someone like Jessa Duggar spouting it off, it is all she has been taught, we know her education is sub-par and for sure does not include critical thinking. I don't know much about this jessconnell blogger either but at some point this abortion/holocaust rhetoric just needs to stop.

There is a complexity to Dr. Perl which does not fit well with simplistic thinking - and this abortion/holocaust is simplistic. I really do think people like Jessa Duggar will hold Dr. Perl in judgment for performing abortions on women in death camps, judgment passed from the safety and well-fed comforts of typical American life.

I've read fundie responses to Perl, and they're all along the lines of "Well, the circumstances were extreme but she still shouldn't have done it, so we'll judge her but not that much". I mean, they do realize that the woman would likely be killed as soon as she was discovered, taking the baby with her, right?

Where was this bitch, or any of the "abortion is like the Holocaust" assholes, a few days ago on International Holocaust Remembrance Day? Not one of the Duggars, who love to use the Holocaust as a prop for their anti-choice cause, made a post or comment.

Not one of these jackasses cares one bit about the Jews and Roma who were slaughtered. Not a single one. Our collective history and pain mean nothing to them.

The genocide of my people does not exist for you to use as a rhetorical prop when you feel like it and then ignore or dismiss all other times. This makes me so upset.

Thank you sea_gale for sharing this story, I was not aware of it. It was profound and I'm grasping for other words of how I feel. I have so much respect for Dr Perl, especially that she went against her beliefs to do what was right. I read here and other places about terrible people with hurtful beliefs and actions and am sickened. Then I read this and I am hopeful about people again even if I am also very sad about what she and others went through.

The thing that kills me about the fundies and pro-lifers...They're all about the fetus yet are adamantly against the social safety nets necessary for ensuring that the child has what it needs.

If you're going to be PRO-LIFE then you believe in social safety nets, enough food, decent living conditions, medical care, education for ALL. That is pro-life. They decide who is "subhuman" by denying the necessary supports for those less fortunate. It royally pisses me off, but of course, fundies don't understand the nuances of this sort of stuff.

There all about saving the child, well until it falls out, that's when the mother can ask for help and the pros get to call her a whore who should have kept her legs shut,,,,, Bastards

Thanks for posting that. I had read accounts of newborns secretly smothered before the Nazi guards could find them, or women killed after they give birth in the middle of roll call.

Canada's leading abortion advocate and provider, the late Dr. Mortgentaler, was an Auschwitz survivor. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... /?page=all

I'll maintain my right to say that these vile religions should die out, I'm not in the mood for protesting the same fucking shit in less than 20 years, by the time their brood starts picketing on their own. And I don't want my future kids to spend their free time picketing against the anti choice picketers because they will be alive and breeding in order to hold back humanity from evolving and making progress.

As to the Auschwitz part, as someone who'll be visiting death camps in a week were millions of living, breathing, innocent people, ranging from babies to deaf and blind old folks faced a horrible death by torture, starvation, freezing, horrible illnesses, or dying other forms of violent and unnatural deaths, I'd like to bitch slap the fundie out of every anti choicers.

Time to invoke Godwin's law!

jessconnell.com/20-ways-abortion-is-like-auschwitz/

Talk about misinformed.

The line that gets me is "The people going into these centres are lied to in order to get then there". I have heard variations on this many times and I don't understand. Are they suggesting the government or doctors lie to woman to get them to abort? Why? Why would a doctor care? Sometimes you might need an abortion for health reasons and the doctors I know would be pushing you towards an abortion then but I can't see them going so far as to lie. The government doesn't care, despite what every fundy seems to think.

Dr. Perl was absolutely amazing. I watched the movie about her with my parents and interestingly that is the only time my very pro-life parents have said abortion would be okay.

I saw this image shared on facebook today. :roll:

VrM3Or5.png?1

Dr. Perl was absolutely amazing. I watched the movie about her with my parents and interestingly that is the only time my very pro-life parents have said abortion would be okay.

I saw this image shared on facebook today. :roll:

VrM3Or5.png?1

Well this bullshit just makes my head explode....

what about all the babies Christians left at the nunneries or in the woods or abandoned all through the ages? Christians act like their history is. But the biggest problem is their faith keeps them from solving the abortion issue no matter how bad they want to stop it they won't do the things needed. So if we use the Nazi example instead of fighting them like the world did they beat their chests shoot a few and and protest the war but do nothing useful.

Abortion does not even fit the broad meaning of the word holocaust - a large scale event outside the control of an individual. A tsunami, an earthquake, a dictator come to power hellbent on eradicating certain peoples.

Abortion is a personal, individual decision. This is not China, no one is forcing any woman to abort at any time ever. It is ALWAYS a FREE CHOICE, at least in this country.

This times a zillion. But logic is not fundies' strong suit.

I'll maintain my right to say that these vile religions should die out, I'm not in the mood for protesting the same fucking shit in less than 20 years, by the time their brood starts picketing on their own. And I don't want my future kids to spend their free time picketing against the anti choice picketers because they will be alive and breeding in order to hold back humanity from evolving and making progress.

As to the Auschwitz part, as someone who'll be visiting death camps in a week were millions of living, breathing, innocent people, ranging from babies to deaf and blind old folks faced a horrible death by torture, starvation, freezing, horrible illnesses, or dying other forms of violent and unnatural deaths, I'd like to bitch slap the fundie out of every anti choicers.

I went to Auschwitz a few weeks ago and it infuriates me that this comparison is ever made. They were fully ALIVE human beings who were killed and persecuted for their beliefs. Abortion is not like the Holocaust because it is not a forced situation. Women are not forced to get abortions at all.

Anyway, if you need tips about Poland pm me! More than willing to answer questions....

We're going to Krakow, Poland to visit SO's relatives. We're going to pay a visit and our respects at many Holocaust memorial places, including Katowice and Auschwitz. We don't need a tour guide though for there will be people there to guide us but yes, the comparison is outrageous.

Do these homeschooled people have a proper education on the Holocaust or the Stalin era? I'm feeling like a fool for asking! They seem to be really keen on Israel, superficially of course. Why don't they get an education on the biggest tragedy in history that ever happened to the Jewish people. Why don't they do themselves a favor and not show off how uneducated they are, every step of the way and outrage the descendants of the ones affected in the Holocaust and especially not the survivors.

Here we go again with the abortion is like the Holocaust. It's so offensive and wrong on so many levels.

In regards to the comic... First off, Stalin and Bitler didn't think themselves great because they killed people. I don't know much about Stalin, but Hitler believed he was great because he was going to unite the world and create a master race.

Second, I think those numbers are off. I think Stalin killed way more people than that, though I could be wrong.

Third... The absolute torture that the holocaust victims went through before they died...

For one moment, pretend fetuses are people. Ok, so, an abortion happens and they die. That death was quick, and probably relatively painless.

Compare that to th absolute TORTURE (which doesn't seem like a strong enough word) that actual holocaust victims went through before they died. I've seen pictures of some of the skeletons. It's not pretty.

I wasn't really educated about this in school, but I read books. Lots of books. And if my teachers had not rushed me Through the holocaust museum at breakneck speed, I would know more. Stupid teachers. If I ever to back to that museum I'm bringing a friggin tent and camping out till I've seen and read everything.

The Stalin purges killed way more then Hitler did

Doesn't matter, the SOTDRT wisdom ends here. I doubt that they are familiar with names like Pol Pot. To Jimbob he must be some hippie named Paul who smokes a lot of pot.

Abortion happened at Auschwitz. It was the only way to protect the mother from being killed as part of a science expirment.

I hate it when people make the comparison. They are ignorate about what happened during that time period. They do nothing to learn about it. They just assume that it's true due to the shock factor.

If anyone needs an example for why Auschwitz was nothing like abortion, I refer to Joseph Mengele.

TRIGGER!

Do NOT click on this if you aren't prepared for the worst, and then some! Seriously, don't!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Meng ... imentation

If you have read this, don't go looking further if you have a weak stomach. I picked wikipedia, because it's comparatively mild and clinical. That should give you an idea.

I have read different accounts of what happened to the twins that Mengele sewed together. They are all equally horrible. The kindest I found is one in which other inmates killed them to spare them suffering. I hope that that's what really happened. I hope someone gave them a death that was quick and clean, after they'd already suffered the unspeakable.

If you believe and want to see the devil's face, look at Joseph Mengele. It takes a special kind of monster to do what he did.

Archived