IGNORED

Kindred Grace contributor married at 17- Jessiqua (MERGED)

NachosFlandersStyle

But if they were HIS, he would not have had to adopt them. How/why/in what universe does a single 40-something man adopt kids?

edited to add: Well, he was probably younger when he adopted them, but still...

With zero actual research into this specific case, it could be that they are the children of relatives-- siblings or cousins, etc, that he took in because their parents died, went to prison, were declared unfit or abandoned their kids.

With zero actual research into this specific case, it could be that they are the children of relatives-- siblings or cousins, etc, that he took in because their parents died, went to prison, were declared unfit or abandoned their kids.

That would make sense. I think that should be explained because it would make him seem less creepy.

In her blog she posted a pic of him and I think she took him to register for school. She referred to herself as "the wife of his guardian" to the school because his real mom isn't in a place to care for him.

• 1 month later...

This is creepy. It's been brought up in the Maratha thread. It's like reading a blog by Pauline, the main character in Heavenly Creatures. I'm summing this bullshit up.

Part 1

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/rose-petals-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

Her dad gives her a white rose every few weeks to praise her virginity and purity, and she saves the petals for her wedding.

Part 2

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/outside-my-window-memoirs-of-teenage.html

She expects us to believe that packets of white drug powder just litter college campuses. Also she does declare that it takes being not right in the head to drive around with music thumping. So much judgement in one post, ending in her overhearing domestic violence, and doing nothing about it because what if her dad got hurt instead of calling the cops. She resolves to be a defender of victims, no matter the cost. Even though she doesn't tell he dad what she just heard.

Part 3

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/braided-prayers-memoirs-of-teenage.html

And now it's about marriage. No segues or anything. Talk about whiplash. She's praying "for her future husband," showing fundies love misusing quotes.

After a year of it, she claims "the spirit" told her that if her future husband loves God above all else, the man will learn to love her. Becoming complacent doesn't mean love, but she doesn't know that. By the end of this chapterette, she hasn't met hi, yet insists she already knows him so well because the delusion in her head told her he had tough days and happy days. So basically he's a living human being.

Part 4

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/hellp-syndrome-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

Nothing to really say. Her mom had a full-term loss at 8 months. There were complications, and her mom nearly died. She was in the hospital, so had appropriate care.

Part 5

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-shelter-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

Of fuck her. This starts off with volunteering in homeless shelters, until she starts talking down about "rowdy, bored homeless people," and she decides that a man who was going toward her when she was filling the tea pitcher must have been wanting to hurt her instead of maybe, you know, maybe get some tea. She was so sure he was an "irresistible temptation for the biggest, nastiest guy."

Part 6

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/moving-home-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

Her parents got a piece of junk mail about Oklahoma, and that means they're all moving back to where people are "nicer" than Kansas.

Part 7

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-woods-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

It's funny how she leads into each of these not-chapters with a stock picture and a quote she took from herself, and a link for her blog, like she's so insightful that memes must circulate.

This is a few chapters of purple prose about being a child running barefoot through the woods, ending with OH NO they're really homeless. But not really. They're staying with her grandparents while her parents look for a new house in the new state. They have resources and the means. Sorry, but this isn't homelessness. It's a completely stable place while they use their financial privileges.

Part 8

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/limbo-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

Pity pity pity for them being so homeless while having the time they need for her parents to turn down several houses that aren't up to their standards, until they find the house they way.

Part 9

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-long-walk-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

They go see the house together, and we get the first glimpse of the parents' stupidity. The house is in the middle of nowhere, where a little rain washes out the bridge and turns the ground into mud soft enough for their truck to sink into it. They face off with a terrifying wiener dog who just stands there. They couldn't get to the house, so ditched their truck.

Part 10

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/preparing-land-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

We aren't told how, but the truck is rescued, and they bought the land that ended up not having a dwelling on it. They lived in tends while trying to make a stick-house. A cinder block was the toilet. She's watching the kids at her grandparents' place, her mom lived on the internet to constantly watch for cheap building stuff (rule 34?), and her physically disabled dad is trying to build the house alone. Even Caroline Ingalls helped Charles.

The stayed in the tents overnight, and since the weather was good, it sounds pleasant. She's also in charge or taking the younger kids to the bathroom.

Next 10 parts in a little while.

Part 11

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/widow-woman-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

Mom found a couple free single-wide trailers, and insert sob story about a widow. The trailers have moldy walls and shit-crusted carpets.

She's really sounding delusional, quoting verbatim what she thinks God's telling her. She's also seeing the world through the clay eyes of her Heavenly Creatures type of story. It's creepy in a bad way.

Part 12

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-roof-of-our-own-memoirs-of-teenage.html

Because of how steep the hill is to get to the land, the people moving the house require a liability-release.

Her brother gave her his precious, "partially broken computer" for her 17th birthday. That's sad and sweet. She's convinced she'll meet her husband at an upcoming church event.

Part 13

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/01/sukkot-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

The world ended since she killed off a character in her book.

At the church camp event, she spends all her time looking for a husband. She met a 36-year-old man who it turns out offered her friend and her brother a ride earlier in the day. Thankfully, the kids knew not to get in the car with strange men. Her friend's mom sees the conversation, and stops it.

Her parents tell her her friend's mom is concerned the man is a predator, and tell her she's not allowed to walk in the woods alone. So they're concerned about the man who keeps talking to kids and making inappropriate offers, and this is who they'll marry her off to very soon.

Part 14

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-door-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

She's seriously depressed she didn't leave the camp engaged. She's sure her husband-to-be was saying he didn't need her, and that made her cry. Then she swears she heard him say he does need her, so happy!

I'm not saying this in any joking way. I think she's mentally ill.

So her parents decide to try setting their 17-year-old up with the 36-year-old creep who was preying on teenagers, and they're doing it by hiring him as the handyman and inviting him to dinner.

She's pissed, but she comes to think God told her this guy is "the door" to her husband. They smile stoically. Since they've never lied to her, that she knows of, she's going to trust them.

And this story just took another twist into murder story territory. Seriously fucked up and uncomfortable. Winter's coming, the trailers aren't habitable for winter, her dad and little brothers can't do it fast enough, and suddenly her parents think the creepy guy with handyman skills would be a good husband for their daughter.

Part 15

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/meeting-blackbeard-memoirs-of-teenage.html

I guess at least she didn't call the guy Bluebeard. She's just Blackbeard.

Predator, and I'l call him, somehow adopted a couple kids. His son is 12, and his daughter is 11. It's so hard for single men to adopt that I bet this was an unofficial transaction.

Over dinner, her dad tells the guy bluntly they think he's Jessiqua's husband. Not meant to be, but might be, like already married. She's pissed, and her dad says, "Well, you might know him," and Predator slowly says he does, and asks her to leave the room, like the child she is. Her parents later won't tell her what was said, but she wants to know why they need to know where his house is. No answers. She's steamed.

In the comments, she calls herself a novelist. I call her someone in dire need of a wake-up call if she thinks a few paragraphs makes full chapters.

16-20 next.

I really wish these didn't keep opening in new windows.

Part 16

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/chayei-sarah-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

The family goes to Predator's church, and she's so intent on finding the guy she thinks is her present-tense husband that she doesn't realize they still mean the creep. She really doesn't want to marry that guy.

And he starts fixing up the place, giving the feeling of earning the minor as his payment.

Part 17

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/glass-wall-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

I am laughing at how she says this is part 17, then warns people part 17 isn't the beginning.

Her dad asks if she's feeling anything for any of the men helping on the trailers. She says no because she's looking for a MAN, not a boy.

Her mom makes it known she wants her daughter to mary McCreepy. And Jess goes and have a dialogue where Jesus tells her "Blackbeard if like an onion." Oh. So he's an ogre. The dialogue really reads like a delusion. She agrees with herself to give the creep a chance.

Part 18

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-call-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

He calls to talk to her, and is jealous she talked to another guy. He actually calls it "not fair." Wow. What a fucking child. In a high school type conversation and blah blah, he'll be heading over to talk to her.

Part 19

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/new-impressions-memoirs-of-teenage.html

She wastes no time telling us his arms are as big as her waist, and she barely goes up to his armpit. I'm surprised sex doesn't crush the kid.

He twisted some twist ties into a flower and gave it to her. She says they started falling in love, but then tossed the "first gift" because what if her real husband found out she kept it?

Part 20

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/catching-up-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

She goes to his house, and he wants to mark the occasion with a picture. She shares it, and it's unsettling how much she looks like a small child in it.

catching-up-memoirs.png

Her great-great-grandma went into a coma, and Predator agrees to go with her to see her extended family.

Predator seems less like a predator and more like a stunted adult with the thinking ability of a child.

Part 21

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/morbid-test-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

The funeral's being used as a test, to the point that her family is late leaving for it to wait for him. Her family is more interested in marrying her off than in the funeral itself. Seriously.

Part 22

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/growing-closer-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

They talk a lot at night, and talk about why not kiss before the wedding. See, he might be tempted to do "more tempting things." Charming. Not. And because he promised god their first kiss would be in private, between the 3 of them. God likes kissing.

Part 23

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/just-ask-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

Dumbbeard asks her when he can talk to her dad about marriage, and she asks her dad, who tells her he'll just have to ask. She informs us that her dad's reply is "mildly paraphrased," meaning the rest should be taken as verbatim.

Part 24

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/sugar-on-top-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

The pick out rings together and, to his credit, he thinks if she is marked a taken he should be to, and so he starts wearing his ring. And then a proposal. Just a standard proposal without the sappy monologues.

Part 25

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/mixed-reactions-memoirs-of-teenage.html

Not everyone is happy she's marrying a guy more than 2x her age.

Part 26

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-big-event-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

Wedding day, and she hopes her dad can do the ceremony, and isn't the officiant usually decided head of the day?

And it's alarming how people she claims to be close to didn't even know until that morning she was seeing anyone. That's how fast it's all gone. They get married, and the picture looks like snapshot from the past with that they're wearing though I'm baffled by her dad is wearing a black button-up with a black beanie.

Part 27, THE LAST

jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/afterglow-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

After the wedding, she's knocked up fast, and becomes convinced she's a great writer, so her husband pays for books to be printed with her name on them.

Her books are 1,971 pages long, and no page count is even given for the other.

1,971 pages. God. Damn.

She is not the great writer she says she is. She's okay but that's just it: Okay. She's decent enough to write a clear and coherent blog, but not any more than that.

Predator seems less like a predator and more like a stunted adult with the thinking ability of a child.

I actually got that impression too, "Blackbeard" reminded me of the oldest Arndt manboys- physically in their 30s and mentally about, say, 17.

As for Jessiqua's writing, it's... better than a lot of fundie "authors". I dare say it's somewhat better than Sarah Maxwell's but Jane Austen she isn't for sure.

I am just about to read this. It sounds awesome, in a creepy way that it would make an awesome horror movie.

So creepy. The whole family seems a bit unstable to me. I have to agree with the posters who have noted that the parents needed to get the trailers fixed up and having one less child to provide for was very tempting.

And "blackbeard" was kind of twisted into her visions of her future husband. If the kids were not his own but were relatives he was caring for as is being speculated, well, then future husband did not have a daughter as "god" told her.

Minor point that stood out to me: they went to a jewelry store and purchased a nice ring but couldn't bother to get it sized? It only takes a few days and does not typically cost extra. Is she still wearing it with a bandaid wrapped around it to keep it on?

The conversations she relates between her and "blackbeard" were so unsettling to me. It all comes off as a child getting instruction from a parent. I assume that he still makes all the decisions for her. But I guess that is considered a good marriage in their patriarchal world.

Wow, just wow. No way did that happen. I bet she exaggerated the things she thought about her husband in the past, before she met him. I don't think she is psychic or anything, and God is certainly not telling her about her future like she implies. In fact, I would believe she has psychic powers over God sending her glimpses of the man she will marry. It seems too much like a story than reality, real life does not happen about this.

Wow, just wow. No way did that happen. I bet she exaggerated the things she thought about her husband in the past, before she met him. I don't think she is psychic or anything, and God is certainly not telling her about her future like she implies. In fact, I would believe she has psychic powers over God sending her glimpses of the man she will marry. It seems too much like a story than reality, real life does not happen about this.

Once mom & dad picked him out, they were likely feeding her ideas about him and she turned those into messages from God.

The fundies I have known also often take a vague feeling and turn it into a concrete thing later so they can say God told them something in advance. And, of course, the signs that were not at all coincidences--his sermon on Isaac & Rebecca, for example. Given that he was the one speaking with the idea of marrying this young girl in his head, it is absurd that he got away with claiming that as a sign and not his own manipulation.

The whole "god told me thing" is so disgusting. At least two times while working at fundie school, I heard male speakers tell the story of how they saw some woman who they found so beautiful and God immediately told them they were supposed to marry her. No, you just lusted after the pretty girl and used that to justify yourself. Who knows how many times God told them that before it really was the woman they married.

Wait a minute. Her great great grandmother died when she was 17? As in, her grandmother's grandmother? If that is really true, then child brides are not a new thing in that family, unless the great great grandmother lived to, like, 130.

Oh my goodness. I don't even know what to say about this. Does this poor girl truly believe that she was talking to God and he was letting her in on the thoughts of her future husband? Seriously? I mean she might be very happy now and sure people with huge age differences can be very happy together but..he was and adult and she was a child. There's something very wrong with that. Also there were times that I just couldn't read it because she was too busy talking about her characters and it was just too much.

Mommy and Daddy picked out your future husband for you, they just let you get to know him a bit first and you were going to marry him like it or not.

Wait a minute. Her great great grandmother died when she was 17? As in, her grandmother's grandmother? If that is really true, then child brides are not a new thing in that family, unless the great great grandmother lived to, like, 130.

ON later pages she calls her great grandmother.

Great Grandma died peacefully in her sleep. I told Blackbeard what time the funeral was and where to meet us. My family went to my paternal grandparents’ house to prepare.

.jessiquawrites.blogspot.com/2014/02/morbid-test-memoirs-of-teenage-author.html

Her father and the groom look to be about the same age...and her father looks young enough to be her older brother.

Honestly, without the captions, I would think this was a much older brother, his buddy, and his baby sister tagging along.

I'm sure as wedding favors they gave all their guests the heebie jeebies.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I'm sure as wedding favors they gave all their guests the heebie jeebies.

Truer words have never been written! :worship:

Minor point that stood out to me: they went to a jewelry store and purchased a nice ring but couldn't bother to get it sized? It only takes a few days and does not typically cost extra.

It sounds like he was pissing on her from the start and had to make sure the world knew it. Didn't want to delay a few days.

Yup, and right all around.

And, of course, the signs that were not at all coincidences--his sermon on Isaac & Rebecca, for example. Given that he was the one speaking with the idea of marrying this young girl in his head, it is absurd that he got away with claiming that as a sign and not his own manipulation.

I tried keeping my personal thoughts out of my recap as much as I could, though failed at times. This stood out as a WTF thing.

No, you just lusted after the pretty girl and used that to justify yourself. Who knows how many times God told them that before it really was the woman they married.

Being horny seems to be how god "tells" them.

I tried keeping my personal thoughts out of my recap as much as I could, though failed at times. This stood out as a WTF thing.

Being horny seems to be how god "tells" them.

A message straight from God's head to the man-boy's dick. That totally makes sense.

I am just making my way through this rabbit hole, but is her first picture of people of color found on the homeless shelter page? And is she interjecting her own thoughts via her book characters? While making assumptions about the homeless people she's supposed to be serving?

I agree with the others who worry she might have an untreated mental disorder. (Here's a terrible quandary: which is worse, untreated delusions or untreated depression a la Teri Maxwell?)

On a Duggar thread, we were discussing blame v. sympathy for the children of these fundie fringe cults. She's only a few years out, and clearly control has been transferred from her parents to this bearded husband, but sometime soon that brain should start operating independently. She's clearly been denied an education; her writing is a little better than some fundie blogs, but not by much. And it still has some very painful moments. This poor kidult. :pink-shock:

• 2 years later...

so, i'm not even sure exactly where to post this question (mods please move if there's a more appropriate forum) but i'm trying to find a certain fundie that i know has been mentioned at least in passing on here. my husband and i were talking about child brides and such and i read him maranatha's story, but there was one other that i had wanted to share but i can't remember her name for the life of me! i think she was probably around 17 when she got married to her husband, who was close to his 30's, and she runs a blog/website and publishes books here and there. she was really big into writing and wrote pretty extensively about her background and courtship. i also remember her husband had a big bushy beard and i think the guys were pseudo-yamakas at the wedding? along with some robes? help a girl out, i think her name begins with j but it's just not coming to me!