IGNORED

YoungGodlyWomen closes up shop

jerkit

That didn't last long.

younggodlywomen.wordpress.com/2015/01/27/stretched-too-thin-husband-and-kids-need-all-of-their-wifemama/

meh. she'll still be guest posting for lori, so she won't be giving it all up entirely. if she hadn't said she'd be doing that, i'd be banking on a return ala boobert, but since she'll be doing the guest posting thing, she'll probably get all her needed jollies there with minimal effort.

that is, unless something happens between lori and crystal. for real, i wonder how crystal will feel when lori makes edits to her posts (i say "when" not "if" cuz we all know it's gonna happen). :roll:

Also, this might be an appropriate time to say that I’m taking a break from stalking Lori lol. This is embarrassing and super weird, but it’s been taking a lot of my emotional energy and time, so I’m going to have to pass the Lori stalking torch to someone else for now. So there’s that.

i was never so much a stalker, i just read here. so, if anything happens, i'll let ya know. ;)

Also, this might be an appropriate time to say that I’m taking a break from stalking Lori lol. This is embarrassing and super weird, but it’s been taking a lot of my emotional energy and time, so I’m going to have to pass the Lori stalking torch to someone else for now. So there’s that.

I want you to turn this energy to PeePee. PLEASE.

I want you to turn this energy to PeePee. PLEASE.

He's failing in an epic way at updating iTunes. That's the only good way for me to listen so I don't burn data on streaming from his website.

I will say that I had to quit reading her site (though I sometimes will go there when someone posts about her here) and was thrilled when Cabinetman quit posting, even though I also only went there occasionally but kept up with them here.

Both blogs, and likely all 4 of the people involved with the blogs Lorken and Romanda, are just the most nasty places, churning their own misery, relabeling it joy and trying to sell it to others. But no matter how much you rebrand a piece of shit, it is still a piece of shit--not a tootsie roll....

YGW was, I hope, a faux and I hope she keeps faking out Lorken. Either way, I was not that into her, so I won't miss her blog, but one less breath of foul air on the internet is always good.

I will say that I had to quit reading her site (though I sometimes will go there when someone posts about her here) and was thrilled when Cabinetman quit posting, even though I also only went there occasionally but kept up with them here.

Both blogs, and likely all 4 of the people involved with the blogs Lorken and Romanda, are just the most nasty places, churning their own misery, relabeling it joy and trying to sell it to others. But no matter how much you rebrand a piece of shit, it is still a piece of shit--not a tootsie roll....

YGW was, I hope, a faux and I hope she keeps faking out Lorken. Either way, I was not that into her, so I won't miss her blog, but one less breath of foul air on the internet is always good.

Lori is a cess pool and I've been flailing around in it way too much lately.

You know, I didn't know what I would do when Robert's blog closed. Turns out, I think I'm actually happier. I've got a really dumb (but not infuriating) iPhone game that I've started obsessing over and I think there may be a new RPG I'll start playing soon.

Take note, Amanda-- life without Robert is a better life.

They weren't getting the feminist arguing with them on their blog. For whatever reason, people weren't as entertained by her as they are with Lori. I imagine she and hubby think Lori's blog will be a better place to fight with feminists.

They weren't getting the feminist arguing with them on their blog. For whatever reason, people weren't as entertained by her as they are with Lori. I imagine she and hubby think Lori's blog will be a better place to fight with feminists.

well, lori has a larger reach than ygw, and she probably didn't want to take the time to cultivate her readership.

Dang. I read some of this blog and now I have a freakin headache.

Damn women and emotions to the fieriest pit of the deepest hell.

ETA: Oh yeah, right off the bat she said "precious season" of life. I'm becoming like Pavlov's dog and enraging at the sight or sound of these words.

I quit reading Lori's site too, for a couple of reasons. I can't stand the mega thread(s) on FJ - they moves too fast and are confusing, and people don't always refer to the post they are talking about. But more than that, Lori is dumb. She's not just undereducated or simple. She's dumb. I don't know if it's the cancer (although I suspect some of it is, and I can't be around that due to my own history with family members, cancer, drug use, and how it changes people). But I also suspect that if she never was sick, she would still be obtuse. She calls her blog "always learning" and refuses any constructive criticism. She doesn't even address it. I'm not even talking content. I mean, comments such as "you have a typo in the third paragraph! Sorry to be pedantic, just though you might like to know so you can fix it." get deleted and ignored. Sometimes she'll talk about how fixing her spelling is us being haters. Her sentence structure bothers me. Her hypocrisy bothers me. Her inability to see beyond her shiny southern Californian upper middle class suburb is pathetic.

Dang. I read some of this blog and now I have a freakin headache.

Damn women and emotions to the fieriest pit of the deepest hell.

ETA: Oh yeah, right off the bat she said "precious season" of life. I'm becoming like Pavlov's dog and enraging at the sight or sound of these words.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why do so many of these bloggers use the term "season". No one I know in real life talks that way. I've read it here so many times that I've started to get used to it, and I used it in conversation the other day. My daughter looked at me like, "What?"

(note - I'm sorry if I got the quote procedure wrong. This is my first time trying to do it, and my tech support teenager is in school right now. I'm so screwed when she goes off to college next year!)

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why do so many of these bloggers use the term "season". No one I know in real life talks that way. I've read it here so many times that I've started to get used to it, and I used it in conversation the other day. My daughter looked at me like, "What?"

(note - I'm sorry if I got the quote procedure wrong. This is my first time trying to do it, and my tech support teenager is in school right now. I'm so screwed when she goes off to college next year!)

This verse/passage. There may be others -

Ecclesiastes

3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Which calls for this video

[bBvideo 560,340:36xhiazi]

[/bBvideo]

And to mention that I view Ecclesiastes as "The Book of the Mid-Life Crisis"

Archived