IGNORED

If you were to meet a Duggar Daughter

luckylassie

I just thought of this, if you were to meet a Duggar daughter and have a conversation, how do you think it would go? The girls and Anna have a knack for being shy, sheltered, and sometimes even snobby (my opinion). What would you have to talk about? Subjects like literature, college, and other things that are normal to us seem like they would be totally foreign to an A.T. I. female.

It would not end well. Their parents would kick me out for wearing shorts, for one, and having short hair.

If we somehow got past that we'd have absolutely nothing in common. I think I'd scare them, actually, and I'm the least scariest person ever :?

I think that Anna would stick her nose at my pants wearing. The girls would also be uncomfortable around a female that speaks so freely and about such tricky subjects such as science.

It would not end well. Their parents would kick me out for wearing shorts, for one, and having short hair.

I'd probably be kicked out for opening my mouth the first time someone said "We all know boys are... And girls are...". I cannot stand that kind of BS. I would probably offend someone with my occasional (read frequent) use of the lords name in vain. Though I don't consider it in vain when it helps me feel better.

I'd probably be kicked out for opening my mouth the first time someone said "We all know boys are... And girls are...". I cannot stand that kind of BS. I would probably offend someone with my occasional (read frequent) use of the lords name in vain. Though I don't consider it in vain when it helps me feel better.

Well, assuming JimBoob and Co. got past my defrauding shorty shorts, I'd be thrown out for yelling the F word stubbing my toe on something.

My hair is actually past my shoulders, but still too short for Michelle's liking.

I would terrify the Duggars, even if I somehow managed to go 24 hours without swearing.

I can only assume they'd spend the entire time I was there marveling at the fact that I have a nose stud and no earrings, short hair, and consider some of what those girls wear to be too immodest for me.

If I ever met them, I would slip them the links for NoLongerQuivering and RazingRuth and hope that they check those sites out.

I dunno if J'Chelle would allow me near her kids but if she did I'd probably talk to the girls about the virtues of being your own person. I doubt Mama Duggar would like me teaching the girls sign language, it is a new way of communicating and we just can't have that can we?! Well, unless it is ONLY used to spread the GOOD NEWS of TEH LAWD.....

just like why they learned spanish ;) Got to love their new found interest in languages...

I'd be polite and not try to change thier views with one meeting. Chances are they have been taught that nonChristians are not always as nice or compassionate as they are. I'd try to gently prove them wrong. Words won't effect these girls but actions will.

I'd wear a long skirt and strike up a conversation with Anna about cloth diapers, or about having been homeschooled with one of the older girls. Maybe talke about their trips to DC, since I used to live there. Hopefully, once we had warmed up to each other, I could challenge them a bit ...

I wouldn't challenge them at all. I would keep chat about very superficial things so that they knew I wasn't all heathen and evil and not to be trusted. We all need someone in our life who is just there for you if you ever need them without judgement being passed. If ever a J-slave thought about leaving, I would want them to feel safe around me, and not threatened by me, so I could be there to offer them a viable choice.

I'm pretty sure J'chelle wouldn't let me within a 6km radius of her kids. I left home at 17, and sought out post-secondary education for myself. That alone would identify me as a threat to her girls.

Considering I am a woman with either a shaved head or extremely short multicoloured hair who wears men's clothes, I don't think we would get to talking ;)

If we did, I think I'd concentrate on not scaring them at first and talk about a neutral subject. The heavier stuff would wait a bit.

Convo with Anna:

Me: So, Anna, can Josh keep his thing up the whole time or do you guys have to say a quick prayer to God before you guys do the nasty nasty?

I think that's pretty much it.

I've thought about this actually. Usually in my imaginings I end up doing most of the talking. We probably would not get on well. I am from a non Gothard approved religious background that has some different beliefs from mainstream christianity, so I might talk about that. They'd probably scare me as much as I scared them.

Guest Anonymous
I dunno if J'Chelle would allow me near her kids but if she did I'd probably talk to the girls about the virtues of being your own person. I doubt Mama Duggar would like me teaching the girls sign language, it is a new way of communicating and we just can't have that can we?! Well, unless it is ONLY used to spread the GOOD NEWS of TEH LAWD.....

just like why they learned spanish ;) Got to love their new found interest in languages...

Somehow I doubt that they will advance much beyond "back-o out of the way-o".

When I went to go see the Duggars, I got lucky and was "stuck" in line talking to Jinger and Jessa for about 10-15 minutes. We talked about things to do in Colorado and things my teens like to do and planned to do. We talked about clothing, my son's high school, what he was studying, boyscouts ect... I never once tried to challenge them as I didn't think it was the time or place. We talked about teen books I knew they haven't read but for the life of me I can't remember the 2 books. We talked about favorite foods that you can only get in certain places like the best pineapple is eaten moments after picking. Silly things, really.

what about you others that hav gotten to talk with the girls? What did you talk about?

I doubt the Duggars would like me. I'm an atheist who attended college and my boyfriend lives with me most of the time. I would challenge the girls by first asking them if they ever want time or activates for themselves that doesn't involve religion or younger siblings.

Archived