IGNORED

Radaronline: Jana said no to courting Zach

Letgo

Good for Jana if that's true. I recall a TH session in which they were asked about suitors. She started to say something and it cut off. She is much more mature than Jill or Jessa and is not jumping at the first who comes her way.

Gil and Kelly don't expect their kids to have 19 kids each like the other two; I don't think it is their aim to populate Arkansas, Tennesee etc. with uneducated fundamentalist Christians. However I think she would be troubled by the Duggars expecting her child to have 19 kids as well.
Gil and Kelly may not expect their kids to have 19 kids, but they still expect them to be no birth control. None of the couples has chosen different in that respect

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good for Jana if that's true. I recall a TH session in which they were asked about suitors. She started to say something and it cut off. She is much more mature than Jill or Jessa and is not jumping at the first who comes her way.

Gil and Kelly may not expect their kids to have 19 kids, but they still expect them to be no birth control. None of the couples has chosen different in that respect

I am sure they would be upset if one of their kids used hormonal birth control since they consider that almost like having an abortion. I do think they would be understanding and supportive if they used nfp, condoms, etc. Gil and Kelly actually value their children as individual humans with rights and the ability to make choices.

I don't think Jill and Jessa jumped at the first people who came their way. They're fundie royalty - they must get interested men (and parents) cozying up to Jim Bob the day they turn 18. There are so many fundies that would give ANYTHING to marry a Duggar. It's like hitting the fundie inner circle jackpot. So even if Jill or Jessa made bad choices (and I'm not saying they did) I think it is safe to assume that Ben and Derick weren't the first men to ever be interested in them.

Honestly, if I had to guess with Jana, my first instinct would be that dating is harder for her than for Jessa and Jill because she is so reserved. Even many people who DO very much want to get married don't necessarily just ease into relationships. It isn't something that necessarily comes naturally or comfortably to all people.

I still think there's a decent possibility Jana's eventual courtship/marriage, assuming it happens, will not be on the show, or will be very minimally featured. I mean, I still think there's a reasonable chance she could be seeing someone right now, even.

JB+M might be pissed if she wanted to keep some things off the show, but they can't force her, either. I just can't even imagine an entire season of episodes focused on poor Jana. She looks like she is so sick of being on camera.

I don't think Jill and Jessa jumped at the first people who came their way. They're fundie royalty - they must get interested men (and parents) cozying up to Jim Bob the day they turn 18. There are so many fundies that would give ANYTHING to marry a Duggar. It's like hitting the fundie inner circle jackpot. So even if Jill or Jessa made bad choices (and I'm not saying they did) I think it is safe to assume that Ben and Derick weren't the first men to ever be interested in them.

Honestly, if I had to guess with Jana, my first instinct would be that dating is harder for her than for Jessa and Jill because she is so reserved. Even many people who DO very much want to get married don't necessarily just ease into relationships. It isn't something that necessarily comes naturally or comfortably to all people.

I still think there's a decent possibility Jana's eventual courtship/marriage, assuming it happens, will not be on the show, or will be very minimally featured. I mean, I still think there's a reasonable chance she could be seeing someone right now, even.

JB+M might be pissed if she wanted to keep some things off the show, but they can't force her, either. I just can't even imagine an entire season of episodes focused on poor Jana. She looks like she is so sick of being on camera.

I personally have to agree with the statement of why it might be harder for her. I'm that type of person when it comes to relationships. I would love to be married (I used to have a goal of being married by 24; I'm 28 now so that failed) and I would love to have a large (by normal standards) family. But relationships have always been hard for me because I'm reserved and I don't really wear my emotions and I tend to overthink relationships instead of letting them take their own path.

Well there was also a rumor posted here that Kelly was more or less pimping Zach to fundies with available daughters until his courtship with Whitney became official. I don't know the original source though.

I really would like to think Kelly wouldn't do that. Mostly because it's an awful thing to do and also because she's busy looking after her children!

I really would like to think Kelly wouldn't do that. Mostly because it's an awful thing to do and also because she's busy looking after her children!

I would like to think that Kelly did that PRIOR to Zach meeting Whitney and maybe a bit after (but before things started acfually heading towards a courtship). That would make more sense. And be less creepy.

IIRC, there were rumors / speculation about a potential courtship between Zach and Jana back around or before Zach's first courtship. Also that Jana's so-called "depression" and it's possible cause being that Zach was courting someone else and JB had nixed the idea. All of it seems to have as much as validity as this more recent rumor about Jana dating Tim Tebow.

Archived