IGNORED

Deanna Coghlan employed!

FundieWatcher

I have been wondering what Deanna Coghlan (daughter of Life in a Shoe lady, Kim Coghlan) has been doing since her divorce.

For the people that were so marriage obsessed, not a word has been said publicly by her parents about their daughter getting divorce. :think: Now, of course, before she got divorced they had plenty to say about everyone else who ended their marriage. And now? Crickets. Kim has stopped blogging. Her Facebook Life in a Shoe page is still active though.

I check Deanna's fb page. We aren't friends, I just look at what she has public. She recently posted a (good) picture, in the comments section she mentions she is working! :cracking-up: Yay for a real job. I looked at the restaurants webpage(http://billmillerbbq.com/), my guess is she is a waitress and I think that is great. I supported myself for 5 years- own apartment, no roommates- as "just a waitress". Hopefully she will meet college students and be inspired to continue her education. I hope so!

I have been wondering what Deanna Coghlan (daughter of Life in a Shoe lady, Kim Coghlan) has been doing since her divorce.

For the people that were so marriage obsessed, not a word has been said publicly by her parents about their daughter getting divorce. :think: Now, of course, before she got divorced they had plenty to say about everyone else who ended their marriage. And now? Crickets. Kim has stopped blogging. Her Facebook Life in a Shoe page is still active though.

I check Deanna's fb page. We aren't friends, I just look at what she has public. She recently posted a (good) picture, in the comments section she mentions she is working! :cracking-up: Yay for a real job. I looked at the restaurants webpage(http://billmillerbbq.com/), my guess is she is a waitress and I think that is great. I supported myself for 5 years- own apartment, no roommates- as "just a waitress". Hopefully she will meet college students and be inspired to continue her education. I hope so!

I was wondering what she was up to- I can't tell if she's living back home or not. Her sisters Kaitlyn and Lydia are working in a coffee shop. I hope they keep working and start to pursue their educations.

I think it is awesome they aren't Maxwell-level isolated and they aren't "to good for a real job princesses" like the Bolkin sisters. I don't know if of theses sisters will follow in Kim and Perry's footsteps.

It doesn't surprise me that they don't talk about it. If I were Deana I'd request radio silence from my attention whoring parents on personal life.

Also, they are no different than any other fundie family that goes silent when their god's plan doesn't work out so perfectly perfect. Ignored, erased failed courtships that are not addressed but disappear as if they never happen, 'children' who rebel and leave the fold are demonized, etc. None of them want to acknowledge that their god is not intimately involved in their lives or the lives of their offspring and that human beings are not perfect. Not even perfectly perfect god (rule) followers.

I wondered what happened to her. Does she have a house now, or did she move back in with her parents? I wonder why she divorced too.

Good for Deanna. I've been rooting for her for years. She worked at DQ when she married, and her creepy husband told her to stop. She seemed bored out of her mind as a stay at home wife. I am so glad she didn't have a baby with him. I got the feeling she wanted to get the hell out of the house and he was her way out.

Her sisters seem bright, and incredibly bored at home. I would love for them to start community college classes. They seem to have had a number of different jobs over the last few years--I hope they can stick with something. I get the feeling they work out of financial necessity.

I am not sure that Kim stopped blogging just because of Deanna's divorce--that was also around the time that Vision Forum collapsed--and she conveniently "lost" all her past blog posts.

Bill Miller isn't a waitress-type of establishment--more counter-service style, but it's EXTREMELY popular in Central Texas, and in the San Antonio area especially, and every restaurant I've been to has people that seem generally, genuinely happy to be working there, in the kitchen or at the counter. Good on Deanna--I hope she moves on from this...and maybe her sisters will get some ideas...

Archived