IGNORED

Something's Up with the McDonalds

DomWackTroll

I suspected trouble a few days ago when Stacy posted one of those “crying-out-to-the-Lord†Bible verses and a friend replied with “hugs and prayersâ€:

facebook.com/stacy.mcdonald/posts/10204834277968895?pnref=story

James had simultaneously posted about "trials" on his FB page. So I knew something more was coming, and this morning Stacy posted:

“No one in the world has better modeled the concept of ‘thinking the best of others’ than my husband, James. I tend to be the realist, so this fact has often frustrated me to no end. However, this also means he is the ‘mercy’ of the family, which I have enjoyed the benefits of when applied to me, but hated when others have taken advantage of him or taken him for granted.

James is the most loving, gentle, long suffering, patient, gracious, and trusting man I have ever known. Over the years, I have seen him attacked and slandered, yet still remain silent; abused, yet choose to overlook it; taken advantage of; yet he kept pouring himself out.

I am one of those people who can't stand to watch a movie where an injustice is happening and the protagonist won't say anything or defend himself. My daughters used to laugh because I would shout and moan at the screen, sometimes I would give up and head upstairs, leaving them to finish the movie alone. The stress was just too much.

Sometimes these things happen in real life and there's just no heading upstairs. People bite and devour and bear false witness. They plot and whisper and forget what is good. So thankful for the faithfulness of God and for a husband who seeks to live at peace with all men, often, even to his own hurt.

Do they not go astray who devise evil? But mercy and truth belong to those who devise good. Proverbs 14:22â€

facebook.com/stacy.mcdonald/posts/10204845633532777?pnref=story

Hmmm…

I never heard of her. Who's that? Was her husband suspected of doing something inappropriate? Sounds like it.

I first thought you were talking about Anna Duggar's sister Rebekah Keller and her husband. I recently did a facebook search for them but couldn't find anything and was wondering if something was wrong. LOL

To many similar names in fundieland.

I never heard of her. Who's that? Was her husband suspected of doing something inappropriate? Sounds like it.

I first thought you were talking about Anna Duggar's sister Rebekah Keller and her husband. I recently did a facebook search for them but couldn't find anything and was wondering if something was wrong. LOL

To many similar names in fundieland.

If you search "James and Stacy McDonald" on this forum, you'll find plenty. Too much to even summarize! :)

I read about them. Wow! Are there normal (or normal as possible) fundies? Some of these women are as bad as the men. Although maybe they are reacting to their life circumstances. I just don't know.

I noticed she hasn't blogged in ages. She also Facebook shared an article, "The Seriousness of Sin", yesterday. It is a short article, that I don't exactly understand, but it talks about escaping sin at all costs.

It does sound like James has been accused of doing something they consider to be immoral. :think:

This ---

"...People bite and devour and bear false witness. They plot and whisper and forget what is good. So thankful for the faithfulness of God and for a husband who seeks to live at peace with all men, often, even to his own hurt. ...

--- sounds more like the verbiage used when the impropriety has to do with financial or corporate plans or visions. Knowing that Jamesy has never produced a diploma from any kind of theological school to back up his "Reverend" title and knowing how he and Stacy stole a mailing list to promote their own magazine (now defunct) and demi-empire, I'm betting he's run into trouble either with a faction in his congregation or with business partners. Or maybe in-laws, who knows??

I hate when folk "vaguebook," publishing allusions without just saying, "This is the situation and it sucks."

This ---

--- sounds more like the verbiage used when the impropriety has to do with financial or corporate plans or visions. Knowing that Jamesy has never produced a diploma from any kind of theological school to back up his "Reverend" title and knowing how he and Stacy stole a mailing list to promote their own magazine (now defunct) and demi-empire, I'm betting he's run into trouble either with a faction in his congregation or with business partners. Or maybe in-laws, who knows??

I hate when folk "vaguebook," publishing allusions without just saying, "This is the situation and it sucks."

Where there's smoke, there's fire and all that...

This wouldn't be the first time that James & Stacy McDonald have had ethics issues connected with money. Cindy Kunsman has a website (mcdonaldhomeschoolingtoday.blogspot.com/) that details the financial shenanigans of the McDonalds when they ran the now-defunct Homeschooling Today magazine.

Re: James McDonald's qualifications, or lack thereof, for the ministry (providencecpc.org/about/our-leaders/):

James is on a lifelong quest to complete his Master of Divinity and is currently enrolled at The North American Reformed Seminary

James on FB this morning:

“Holy God, merciful and gracious Father, may Your Word invade our hearts and give us the strength to live our lives wholly for Jesus. Especially strengthen the younger women of Your church. I thank You for them, for their walk, for their witness, for their gifts. Lord, Your Word calls them to live in a manner that is countercultural. They will face opposition in the world, perhaps even from well-meaning family and friends, but keep them strong in Your Word. Strengthen them to seek You first in all things, and to use their gifts and talents in a manner that glorifies You and that is in accord with Your direction for their lives. May these truths be lived out in their homes that the world might know that Jesus lives and that Your Word might be honored. Use the faithful service of these, Your daughters, to spark a new revival and reformation in Your church. Makes us all faithful to this end. In Jesus' name, amen!â€

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10205543655529244?pnref=story

James on FB this morning:

“Holy God, merciful and gracious Father, may Your Word invade our hearts and give us the strength to live our lives wholly for Jesus. Especially strengthen the younger women of Your church. I thank You for them, for their walk, for their witness, for their gifts. Lord, Your Word calls them to live in a manner that is countercultural. They will face opposition in the world, perhaps even from well-meaning family and friends, but keep them strong in Your Word. Strengthen them to seek You first in all things, and to use their gifts and talents in a manner that glorifies You and that is in accord with Your direction for their lives. May these truths be lived out in their homes that the world might know that Jesus lives and that Your Word might be honored. Use the faithful service of these, Your daughters, to spark a new revival and reformation in Your church. Makes us all faithful to this end. In Jesus' name, amen!â€

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10205543655529244?pnref=story

This is probably related to his sermon yesterday: providencecpc.org/2015/01/25/gods-word-for-younger-women/

This is probably related to his sermon yesterday: providencecpc.org/2015/01/25/gods-word-for-younger-women/

Yes, I saw that. I was just wondering if perhaps a single woman has joined James' church and her (rightly) worried family and friends are "persecuting" and "slandering" James and Stacy.

I always like to bring this comment up every chance I get. It's from a Stinking Housewife post, in which James comments:

"That’s the same Ludacris who made an obscene and highly-graphic, stomach-turning “song†and video called “Pussy Poppin’.†It’s about the deep and moving subject of black strippers who possess the rare and highly-prized ability to rhythmically thrust their pelvises at a precise frequency which causes their overly-developed fatty bottom-cheeks to slap together, producing a clapping sound. (I apologize for that, but that’s what it’s about.) His newest chart-topper is called “How Low Can You Go.†In this one, black girls in their underwear, who we are meant to presume are underage and having a sleepover, practice the same aforementioned dance move in front of a mirror, while video-taping themselves for Youtube. The mirror becomes a magic portal through which jumps Ludacris and his crew…"

Yep, good 'ol James. He's watching dirty music videos s the rest of us don't have to. Gross.

I always like to bring this comment up every chance I get. It's from a Stinking Housewife post, in which James comments:

"That’s the same Ludacris who made an obscene and highly-graphic, stomach-turning “song†and video called “Pussy Poppin’.†It’s about the deep and moving subject of black strippers who possess the rare and highly-prized ability to rhythmically thrust their pelvises at a precise frequency which causes their overly-developed fatty bottom-cheeks to slap together, producing a clapping sound. (I apologize for that, but that’s what it’s about.) His newest chart-topper is called “How Low Can You Go.†In this one, black girls in their underwear, who we are meant to presume are underage and having a sleepover, practice the same aforementioned dance move in front of a mirror, while video-taping themselves for Youtube. The mirror becomes a magic portal through which jumps Ludacris and his crew…"

Yep, good 'ol James. He's watching dirty music videos s the rest of us don't have to. Gross.

all in service to the lord :roll:

lol seriously are you fucking kidding me? WHY. just WHY.

the part of me that's morbidly curious wonders if he sits there with pen and paper, studiously taking notes and analyzing lyrics and consulting urbandictionary.com when needed.

I can't help it. That line made me laugh.

It's difficult for me to believe that there is a situation that Stacey's Essential Oils from the Bible cannot fix or cure.

:lol:

Archived